G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 known issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(ii) Cars with Premium and Nav have issues with voice recognition of phone numbers.
I'm having issues with this as well. Sometimes it recognizes my voicetags properly but dials the wrong number which isn't associated with that tag. What's the fix for this?

Thanks

PJstyles

Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JMZ_blkobsidian
not sure about the '08 models, but here is a list of (potential) issues with the '07:

(i) The accordian-style moonroof trim falls out. Can be trivially fixed (with double-sided tape) as a TSB.
(ii) Cars with Premium and Nav have issues with voice recognition of phone numbers.
(iii) Grill pitting (like another poster said) is a hit-or-miss thing.
(iv) The throttle tip-in is extreme (think whiplash) in the 2007. There is a TSB for it, but many folks who did it posted that they wished they never had it done (I never had it done).
(v) Like another poster said, there was a recall to replace the key fobs as they could be ruined by proximity to cell phone.
(vi) The '08 models I believe have iPod integration, while the '07 model does not.

Overall, pretty trivial issues. You can't go wrong with an '07 or '08, and the differences between the model years are very minor.

FYI, I have an '07 G35S 5AT that I've owned for more than 3 years and could not be happier with my decision. Wonderful vehicle, stunning looks, grin-inducing performance, bulletproof reliability.

Enjoy!

Well said...!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I sure hope I don't have any regrets about the reflash I'm getting done on Tuesday. I LOVE the throttle sensitivity, friends that drive my car hate it but who owns the G? ME! LOL! I'm only getting the reflash because my car is shuddering so bad again, I can't stand it. So I'm hoping the reflash will be the "fix" for the shudder like it has been for a few other members. I'm not too keen on getting another valve body replaced only after a year. So we'll see if the reflash works for me but I'm sure I'll miss the throttle sensitivity!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by baileyt35
I sure hope I don't have any regrets about the reflash I'm getting done on Tuesday. I LOVE the throttle sensitivity, friends that drive my car hate it but who owns the G? ME! LOL! I'm only getting the reflash because my car is shuddering so bad again, I can't stand it. So I'm hoping the reflash will be the "fix" for the shudder like it has been for a few other members. I'm not too keen on getting another valve body replaced only after a year. So we'll see if the reflash works for me but I'm sure I'll miss the throttle sensitivity!
Another valve body? Shuddering? Whats going on with your G

Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by baileyt35
The fix for the throttle is very subtle in my opinion, so I don't think you'll miss it too much. It definitely helps control your take off, but we're not talking a night and day difference.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:28 PM
What about the slave cylinder? Or did I miss that being mentioned.

as for the other "issues". My '07:

The sunroof is still fine - granted, I'm not a huge user of it.
My bluetooth picks up every phone number. In fact, I was impressed at how well it does...don't think it's missed yet. Maybe you have an accent?
The throttle is touchy, but nothing dangerous or terribly annoying. Probably just end up roasting the clutch a bit. Of course, don't know how it feels on an AT.
The key fobs... yeah, never even noticed when they fixed that. They just took both my keys during an oil change and then swapped them out or did whatever they did.

So, yeah, other than the slave cylinder going out once and being fixed and then seemingly going out again, but the dealer not being able to duplicate the issue, I've had no issues really...other than a speeding ticket, low gas mileage, and tree branches falling onto my car.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rutland

My bluetooth picks up every phone number. In fact, I was impressed at how well it does...don't think it's missed yet. Maybe you have an accent?
The throttle is touchy, but nothing dangerous or terribly annoying. Probably just end up roasting the clutch a bit. Of course, don't know how it feels on an AT.
The key fobs... yeah, never even noticed when they fixed that. They just took both my keys during an oil change and then swapped them out or did whatever they did.

So, yeah, other than the slave cylinder going out once and being fixed and then seemingly going out again, but the dealer not being able to duplicate the issue, I've had no issues really...other than a speeding ticket, low gas mileage, and tree branches falling onto my car.
Got it... watch out for tree branches. I should be picking her up Monday.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
^ nice. Your insurance company will appreciate it.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:16 PM
No major issues to report here - I just had a Unified meter and A/C amp fail, which I think is very very rare. I know the throttle sensitivity is a bit extreme, but well worth it - even if it makes my girlfriend's head snap back time to time...

Old 02-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by LED4
The fix for the throttle is very subtle in my opinion, so I don't think you'll miss it too much. It definitely helps control your take off, but we're not talking a night and day difference.
Whew, good that makes me feel alot better about taking it in.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:21 PM
How much does that throttle fix cost? And is it reversible?

Old 02-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

The throttle is touchy, but nothing dangerous or terribly annoying. ....
I'm not sure if you guys have noticed or have tried this but I have found that the throttle is very civilized as long as you tip in at the top of the pedal. If you are used to pedals that you depress at the bottom it's a bit of an adjustment getting used to pressing down at the top. It made a big difference for me. It improved my fuel economy as well. I don't feel like I'm launching it all the time.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:37 PM
What I noticed so far

Sorry about the re-post from another thread ('08 rattles) but figured this fit in well here:

Hey all,

I recently purchased an 07 G35x with 29k mi. The entire center console from the ashtray back squeaks, just started hearing rattle near center of windshield, and rear deck area. This along with the easily scratched interior is just ridiculous. I am really disappointed with Nissan/Infiniti's build quality and they really have a lot of catching up to with Toyota and Honda in this area. I love the car and don't regret the purchase but this just makes me look towards Germany for my next ride.

Since the ride is still under warranty, I'm thinking of checking with the dealer to see if they'll do anything about the following issues:
1.Steering Wheel is scratched/peeling
2.center console squeaks like crazy over most bumps
3. rear deck rattle
4.Shifter **** is scratched to all hell
5.rattle near center of windshield (rarely happens)
6.Leather of driver seat seems to be wearing way too fast and outer back support seems to be almost peeling in one spot.

If anyone has suggestions on the above, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
My 07 has not had any of the issues reported above. The only problem I have had is the window motor going out, which is common amongst all years.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
How much does that throttle fix cost? And is it reversible?
The throttle fix is an official Infinity TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) so it's done at no cost to you. Haven't heard that it's reversible, when we had our 07 we did the reflash and I liked the result, it also helped smooth out the cruise control too. Don't have the TSB # handy but should be easy to search.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 known issues