18.18%
Black
18.18%
Gold
9.09%
IP
12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

What color to Paint Akebono Calipers on IP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It'll definitely look nice on your car Maz.

Now you have to find a good place that can PC them properly since it's harder to do candy colors.

Good choice.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:35 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Yeah I know,

That's why I'm planning on getting them PC'd somewhere else

Old 03-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HAhahaha, stick to slowing mods, all mods making you slow , i got my GTM Reflash kit cable (UpRev) got shipped last night, and i'll order GTM VB upgrade, i saw a 350z with VB upgrade that was installed in Kuwait, his car drives and shifts like a manual transmission Z, i can't wait to .

Those clipers look damn nice, i want the BBK.

Last edited by G35s-Q8; 03-16-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Defratos
But how do you guys think it'll look on IP with black rims? I think wicked
Awesome, to say the least.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:16 AM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by G35s-Q8
HAhahaha, stick to slowing mods, all mods making you slow , i got my GTM Reflash kit cable (UpRev) got shipped last night, and i'll order GTM VB upgrade, i saw a 350z with VB upgrade that was installed in Kuwait, his car drives and shifts like a manual transmission Z, i can't wait to .

Those clipers look damn nice, i want the BBK.
Dude you gotta give us a review on the Reflash Kit and how you go about doing everything lol

also what's the VB upgrade?

Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
G35s-Q8 who's goin to install the VB? Or did you get the whole thing for $1K or something like that?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Dude you gotta give us a review on the Reflash Kit and how you go about doing everything lol

also what's the VB upgrade?
It's the Valve Body inside the automatic transmission, they take it out and modify it so that the car can handle S/C or TT, for N/A it'll give better shifting and better performance, my car should shift like a manual transmission car, and the power should be the same, if not better.

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
G35s-Q8 who's goin to install the VB? Or did you get the whole thing for $1K or something like that?
I'm gonna get the whole thing assembled by GTM for $1750, they'll get a brand new valve body from Infiniti for me, then they'll modify it and install the TransGo kit and send it for me, it should take them 1 week for the whole process, then my car gonna kit some @$$.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:28 PM
You're Despicable

lol dude you're going the right way in upgrades,

for me personally I'm not sure if i'll still have my car after 2 years, I would love to keep it but "family rules" block me from that (Unless I can justify a second car lol)

But please let me know how the reflash kit goes as that seems to be the most viable option for me right now.

Oh yeah and earlier I didn't understand your comment on getting slowing mods lol but I just got home and re-read it , well at least with my new Candy brakes I can brake later and it'll look cool loooool

Oh and how can I forget my S bumper must of at least have given me 10hp gain from stock,

and with the number plate hidden that's an easy 12+ hp gain due to better aerodynamics from the journey bumper.

So all in all I'm still faster

Old 03-16-2010, 03:54 PM
lol dude you're going the right way in upgrades,

Oh yeah and earlier I didn't understand your comment on getting slowing mods lol but I just got home and re-read it , well at least with my new Candy brakes I can brake later and it'll look cool loooool

Oh and how can I forget my S bumper must of at least have given me 10hp gain from stock,

and with the number plate hidden that's an easy 12+ hp gain due to better aerodynamics from the journey bumper.

So all in all I'm still faster

Excuse's .

Old 03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
You're Despicable

Old 03-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Btw, a new tuner is arriving at my friends garage on 10th of April, so i can't do the reflash until i dyno my car at his dyno (since i made my last 3 runs there to see how much each mod gave me) becuase i didn't have the chance to run my car on a dyno since i installed my RTP, my last dyno was 243rwhp on the Dyno Dynamics, so i'll do a dyno run to see how much hp i gained from the RTP, then i'll upload the reflash and see how much hp i gained from it.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
...at least with the Candy Red it's not really bright red and I was looking at my car today and I could just picture it perfectly, also I disagree that it's too shiny , I think they'll stand out when they're clean but as soon as it starts to get dirty it'll look nice...
if your heart is set on red and you don't want it to look too blingy, a dark candy red is the way to go. make sure your painter uses a dark base coat and not too much pearl. otherwise the red will look out of place in bright sunlight.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:10 PM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by G35s-Q8
Btw, a new tuner is arriving at my friends garage on 10th of April, so i can't do the reflash until i dyno my car at his dyno (since i made my last 3 runs there to see how much each mod gave me) becuase i didn't have the chance to run my car on a dyno since i installed my RTP, my last dyno was 243rwhp on the Dyno Dynamics, so i'll do a dyno run to see how much hp i gained from the RTP, then i'll upload the reflash and see how much hp i gained from it.
Sweet, it'll be nice to see what gains the RTPs gave u, I was actually thinking about them just earlier on today

Originally Posted by bigc
if your heart is set on red and you don't want it to look too blingy, a dark candy red is the way to go. make sure your painter uses a dark base coat and not too much pearl. otherwise the red will look out of place in bright sunlight.
Yeah I agree, but if you can suggest any other color that'll go well with the IP then let me know, but after seeing the candy red I think it'll be the best, I hope so anyway

Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
i'm biased towards dark reds so i'm the wrong person to ask about other colors

Old 03-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue or Red would look great but do it soon you need something to offset that black. But if you can pull of the white it would look so much better with the paint job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What color to Paint Akebono Calipers on IP?