G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

um....oops.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Kool has been one step ahead of me all day. I'm trying to get some work done (I have 21 end of year performance reviews to write in the next few days) but I pop in here from time to time to see how my fellow brethren are doing.
Everytime a thread catches my eye, I scroll down to make a comment and there is Kool making the same damn comment right before I make it.
I guess he has me covered. I don't need to be here and can get back to work knowing my job here is covered.

Oh, like he said... Tease!
My guess is that there will be so much hype that by the time the story gets posted, it won't live up to our expectations.
Our firm has a form for this. There is an adequate amount of space for general comments but the majority is check box. It makes life a little simpler. We do reviews twice a year for 3k staff. Fortunately I only review 15 of them my self and HR has a small hand in it as well.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Doet

Old 03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Any time now...

Old 03-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Tell us your tale of G35 gone wrong

Old 03-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Maybe he was trying to make a fool out of us and we all fell for it

But seriously though for his sake i hope he wasnt....

Old 03-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Our firm has a form for this. There is an adequate amount of space for general comments but the majority is check box. It makes life a little simpler. We do reviews twice a year for 3k staff. Fortunately I only review 15 of them my self and HR has a small hand in it as well.

Same here. But I have to do it 4 times a year. 3 times verbal and once with the form. Also we not do it by year end we do it by anniversary. So I don't have to deal with a bunch together. Maybe a few at the time.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aeson- I'm in CT. btw, nice ride. I really like your xS and your MRR's.
It would be great to go to a meet. Where would I find out about dates and times?

Old 03-07-2010, 07:24 PM
okay- story is coming.
Here's some picks while I compose the story.
I like finding other unsuspecting G's to park next to when I can (picture on bottom- mine is on right in BLUE)

btw to ALL - man you guys really like taking the bait huh?
You'll have to judge if I disappoint with the story.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:45 PM
okay I'm in for this

Old 03-07-2010, 07:56 PM
STORYTIME!!

So I'm coming home from dinner a couple weekends ago. It was close to 1AM. I had just dropped off some friends. It was just me and 'me wifey. (I gotta interject here- this is her G. I bought it for her, because I have a reliable Toyo 4Runner that works for me, but not her. So I figured I'd get her the G & steal it whenever I wanted to drive it)

.... Anyway I was showing off DS mode to a couple friends earlier in the night on the way to dinner. So this mood obviously puts me in general high-spirited driving for the rest of the evening. Later, after I dropped them off I was heading up a quiet residential street in what my wife maintains as 'driving like a maniac'. This basically just means too fast for a neighborhood. I don't disagree. It was a bad decision. But I've only had this toy for a little better than 2 months. So I have a lot to work out of my system.
We get to the end of the road (oh Im still in DS & VDC is off for more fun, but probably where I went wrong). At the stop sign & after stopping, I bang a right onto the main road. No traffic either- because it's so late. At this particular intersection, a bit o sand appears. Road was also slightly damp.
There's parked cars on the right side - not 30 feet from the intersection. By the time the rev's were up and I was about to shift to 2nd, I had got sideways enough unable to straighten or bring the nose around fast enough. But I did straighten enough so I didn't t-bone the parked car, but rather sideswipe it with my right front fender to their left tire/mirror. This then caused my rear to kick around and slam my rear door fender back into their now front fender.
Man it happened so fast.

My wife says- 'Oh my god you just hit that car!'
I replied 'Crap! I know!' ... As I looked in the rear view and saw nobody around or in the car. I didn't go back because I was in shock this just happened... (woke up a few times during night too) until the following day. I went back to look for the driver, leave a note swap ins. info or something.
Geez- I haven't been at fault in an accident for 18 damn years. Even then, just a bent fender.
When I got home. (coincidentally, I live around the corner from the scene) I surveyed the damage to HER car. Man she was pissed. But so was I!!

...stay tuned for part 2

Old 03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
So it was a hit-n-run or did you rectify yourself and give him all your info?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
oh wow, hit and run?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Waiting on part 2.. lol

Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 PM
sorry, I should have clarified. Its just that it was so late, and nobody was around.
but yes- Rectified, clarified swapped info.
Though it took 3 days to find driver with help from po po (warning ticketed me btw)

$2700 damage to our G, and a repaint of the whole right side.
But now I'm getting new tires. Pilot Plus A/Ss

btw nobody was hurt. just my ego.
I've had to beg my wife to let me drive again, and its not even out of shop yet.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:19 PM
a repair just ticks me off. I hate messing anything up and having to repair.
Body work no less.
Now I'm going to be worried about aftermarket paint, chipping or some other nonsense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.