G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New to the forum, hi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
New to the forum, hi

Hello G owners,

Just traded the '07 Altima SE manual for an '07 G35s with the same miles - 37k, platinum with graphite interior, 6mt. Any advice for a new owner i.e. what tsb's or recalls to look into, what common flaws the stock models have in general, etc? I want to get any sort of warranty work done possible as this will probably be my ride for the next four or five years.

I've been a regular on Nissan forums for a while, but the Infinitis are new territory for me. Any advice appreciated, even if it starts with flaming for starting a useless thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Hey hey! I came from Nissan Maxima forum! From Maxima.org
Got my 07 G35s as well like you I only have 24K miles. I haven't even started driving mine cause it was under consturction/repair. Just got it done this week.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:00 AM
RCK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The major TSB for the 07 6MT is the slave cylinder clutch repair. Yours may have had it done. If not, get it.

Optional fixes are ECU modifications for those who found the G, including the 6MT model, too jumpy at the throttle. The modifications are software tweaks that, to some, mute the responsiveness of the accelerator pedal. Most others find the ECU fixes make the car easier to drive.

Some have found the clutch on the 6MT problematic. Clutch is long, engagement point is high. My solution was to lower the seat and push it back. Less strain on the knee, smoother feel.

To get granular, the accelerator pedal is hinged at the top, not the bottom as in most cars. Maybe the Maxima is similar. In any event, because of the hingeing, the toe placement should be up on the pedal, not in the middle or at the bottom of the pedal as most people do. Entire flat foot on the pedal gives you the most control and precision.

Finally, and most of all, I love my G6MT. Clutch took me a week to get really used to, so I didn't have to think about it. After that, the car is the best I've ever driven. Stick shift is short and precise. Brakes and traction control and variable slip features make the G a powerful, spirited monster that's easy to control. And the styling is way sexier than a BMW.

Welcome aboard; not too many 6MTs out there.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Welcome Guitarguy, & congrats on finding a 6MT.
There aren't many of us.

Be sure to check out our DIY section, there's tons of info & ideas in there.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^+1 firstly welcome and secondly check out the DIY section for 2 great writeups by intgr to make your driving pleasure even more better, do post a review on the diy if you try and like em.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Another TSB that I had to get taken care of is the side window weather stripping. It's very common that it comes loose and has to be either replaced or the dealer puts double sided tape and re installs.

Other than the creaks and rattles, I have enjoyed mine for the little time I have owned it so far!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks a ton for all the advice guys- glad to be part of the forum. All posts noted. I need to take a thorough look around here and I'm sure you'll be hearing from me! I'll post a couple pics for kicks once the weather clears here in CLE.

Regards, GG