G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Good Exhaust Shop in Raleigh, NC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Exhaust Shop in Raleigh, NC?

Hey everybody, I'm getting ready to order dual DMH Electric Cutouts for my 2007 G35S (sedan) and I'm looking for a good shop in Raleigh, NC to do the install for me. I had cutouts on my RSX a few years back and I had a HELL of a time finding a shop that was even willing to do it, and I wasn't very happy with the work they did, but I've moved away from there now so they're not even an option. Anyways, does anyone know a good exhaust shop in Raleigh? Especially one that would be willing to install cutouts?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
where in the exhaust system are you planning on installing the cutouts? its different size tubing throughout the entire system. IMO the amount of money you are going to spend for that is going to be more than it would cost you to get an Axleback exhaust, and it will sound 100 times better. cutouts belong on Muscle cars and maybe trucks but not on a Infiniti. although it looks like you have a PA system on there already so you cant go too much farther into rednecking it out.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:32 AM
I want to put the cutouts between the resonators and mufflers, essentially right before the mufflers. It won't cost that much, the cutouts themselves are $360 for the Y-Pipes and both cutouts with all wiring, then another couple hundred bucks maybe for installation won't be too bad. I've taken my mufflers off before to see how it sounds and I think it's the PERFECT sound, so as far as an axle-back sounding better, I think the cutouts will sound just as good. And I don't want an axle-back system because I want to be able to have the car loud and throaty when I want but also nice and quiet when I want (long trips on the interstate, date night, that sort of thing). And I'm taking the PA system off soon, mainly because I never use it and it's actually a police siren and I'm increasingly concerned about getting caught with it, but thanks for hating on me, all my friends and family thought it was pretty sweet:-)

Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Haha not hating on you, i just remember everyone putting those on their trucks in high school. as far as the axleback goes you will notice no difference on highway cruising and they greatly improve the look of the back of the car. Tannabe makes the Axelback for our car and everyone on here seems to really like it. it can be had for about 500 bucks through vendors here on the forums and installed yourself. i would assume a shop would charge over 100 bucks just to install without wiring.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM
It's cool man, no worries. I hear ya about the axleback but I know it'll bother me because sometimes I really love the near silence of our luxury sport sedans haha. Also, I'm pretty handy and did all the wiring for my previous cutout on my RSX and installed a pretty stock-looking switch and everything, so I only need the cutting and welding to be performed at a shop.

Anyways, back to the original question, anyone know any good shops in Raleigh?

Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob's muffler right off tryon rd near the intersection of 401/70

Old 05-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by EVOLYQIK
Bob's muffler right off tryon rd near the intersection of 401/70
Ya I know the place, I used to work over that way, have you had work done there? It seems a little back-woodsy ya know? But if you say so then I'll give 'em a call:-)

Old 05-31-2010, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if they do exhaust but these guys come recommended by some Raleigh Z drivers. They handle complete JDM engine conversions I'm sure they can handle your job. http://www.dzirtmotoring.com/

Old 06-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by ijahman
I'm not sure if they do exhaust but these guys come recommended by some Raleigh Z drivers. They handle complete JDM engine conversions I'm sure they can handle your job. http://www.dzirtmotoring.com/
emailed these guys and it sounds like they'll do it! I really appreciate it guys!