G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

OK, this is getting ridiculous for this car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've no other set of wheels only stock...

My bumpy vibrations from braking are 99% gone now.
I was driving on the highway last night and braking was perfectly smooth no matter how hard i pressed the brake pedal.

The only vibrations I have now are the excessive "road feel" that resonates all throughout the driver's corner... it can be felt in the steering wheel (especially)- which makes my hands numb after at least 5 mins of driving, it can be felt in the shift ****, the floor, and my seat!

All this road feel can be felt at idle, and especially when accelerating.

So, I"m leaning towards an engine mount or a trans mount being worn...

Or could it be someting else? (there is no play in the wheels/bearings/tie rods, etc--- i checked)

Any input on this would be awesome. otherwise, I'll just have to wait for what the dealer says on wednesday :/

Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
My steering wheel shakes, rattles, and rolls at around 60MPH - 80MPH, then it suddenly goes away when I approach 85MPH.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Pitman
My steering wheel shakes, rattles, and rolls at around 60MPH - 80MPH, then it suddenly goes away when I approach 85MPH.
that definitely sounds like a balance problem.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pianofrk4
I've no other set of wheels only stock...

My bumpy vibrations from braking are 99% gone now.
I was driving on the highway last night and braking was perfectly smooth no matter how hard i pressed the brake pedal.

The only vibrations I have now are the excessive "road feel" that resonates all throughout the driver's corner... it can be felt in the steering wheel (especially)- which makes my hands numb after at least 5 mins of driving, it can be felt in the shift ****, the floor, and my seat!

All this road feel can be felt at idle, and especially when accelerating.

So, I"m leaning towards an engine mount or a trans mount being worn...

Or could it be someting else? (there is no play in the wheels/bearings/tie rods, etc--- i checked)

Any input on this would be awesome. otherwise, I'll just have to wait for what the dealer says on wednesday :/
I would take a close look at your driveshafts and axles at this point, since you say it resonates through the whole car at speed. If the driveshafts/axles are out of balance, slightly bent, or even just have some crap stuck to them that causes them to be out of balance, it can make the whole car shimmy.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 AM
aaaAAAAHHH!! The dealer couldn't find anything wrong with my car. I drove the car with a tech and it didn't want to act up like it usually does... It mysteriously drove normal. no shudder, no vibrations, transmission was smooth!! WTF... my car is haunted.!!

They had 3 people drive the car and none of them felt anything. And then I drove the car, and ...still nothing. Whatever it was...its fixed itself now.

You know... I did put in new OEM air filter and took my grounding kit off...
I wonder if going back to OEM made things smoother... hmmm... I am speechless.

But one thing I did notice that still occurs is the constant humming vibration of the engine and drive shafts!!! There is still excessive "road feel" in the steering wheel and shift **** and even floor board. But after driving the 09' G37X loaner... I think it's a common thing with this car (it the humming "road feel" vibrations occurred even harder on that loaner car). My hands probably got really sensitive over the past couple months. Compared to the 09' loaner, my car is at least 2 times smoother...

Are all G's really that harsh??

Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Compared to a Bimmer or Lexus... yes. It's quite a bit noisier and harsh.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
I still can't believe that its this harsh... Driving this '07 X for the last year or so, I've never felt this harshness until now. I dont ever remembering my hands feeling numb from driving... until 2 weeks ago... Now I think i need to wear race gloves or something... and drive it until something actually breaks...

Old 06-17-2010, 04:56 PM
do you have the goodyear rs-a's on your car? Those cause a good deal of vibration through the wheel i think. I notice mine cause a vibration when I'm driving on 128/95 in Massachusetts, but i think its just the pavement type causing it. Maybe the dealer had it on a smoother road- when i drive on a freshly paved road my g drives like the *****. When on 128 it sounds/feels/rides like my lifted silverado haha

Old 01-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Wheel Bearing?

Originally Posted by pianofrk4
aaaAAAAHHH!! The dealer couldn't find anything wrong with my car. I drove the car with a tech and it didn't want to act up like it usually does... It mysteriously drove normal. no shudder, no vibrations, transmission was smooth!! WTF... my car is haunted.!!

They had 3 people drive the car and none of them felt anything. And then I drove the car, and ...still nothing. Whatever it was...its fixed itself now.

You know... I did put in new OEM air filter and took my grounding kit off...
I wonder if going back to OEM made things smoother... hmmm... I am speechless.

But one thing I did notice that still occurs is the constant humming vibration of the engine and drive shafts!!! There is still excessive "road feel" in the steering wheel and shift **** and even floor board. But after driving the 09' G37X loaner... I think it's a common thing with this car (it the humming "road feel" vibrations occurred even harder on that loaner car). My hands probably got really sensitive over the past couple months. Compared to the 09' loaner, my car is at least 2 times smoother...

Are all G's really that harsh??
A low hum and vibration starts around 70mph and then gets worse until it makes a sound at low speeds and vibration the entire time? I think its a wheel bearing...drivers side front. I had one go on me at 53k and thats what it felt like. Had a right rear go on me at 88k...just a hum and slight vibration.

Hope that helps...

Old 01-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
my ex's mitsubishi eclipse has a similar problem. i bought new rims, changed all the brakes twice, but nothing fixes it. i suspect it could be an axle or tie rod but i haven't had the time to check it.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
wow...funny i am feeling almost the same kind of issues. I am getting new tires put on tuesday as i think or thought that all of my road fell and vibrations were due to my my uneven..and even wrong size tires!! I hope new tires fixes my excessive road feel from 30-45 mph as well as a whining noise at these speeds and vibrations at 70+ mph.

Something is very loud/whining at low and high speeds in my car. Have a feeling it's the tires. Will find out tuesday. if not it will be a $400 bucks for nothing..hope not but at least i will know if it's the tires or something rubbing

Old 02-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I doubt it's the wheels then. Something up with your suspension. Personally, I would take it to the dealer.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
thats weird

Old 02-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Warped rotors and bad pads?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i have the same problem on my car i changed the rotors and breaks and 5 months later it came back whenim breaking from 35mph and over i get the steering wheel to shimmy and vibrate alot.they said i have the updated part fot the breaks but it still does it.They told me they cant fix it caus ei got mineke to put new breaks and rotors on they suck *** infinit dealers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OK, this is getting ridiculous for this car...