G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Need Help with Body Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help with Body Repair

My Car 08 G35 Sedan was involved in the massive Hail Storms here in Oklahoma City last month.

It has been one fiasco after another with the insurance comapny and body shop.

one I need help with is the Glass...

Front windshield and back glass are in question.

I opted for OE infiniti Glass and Body Shop and insurance company agreed to do it.

So I go look at the car yesterday and the front glass doesnt match the back glass, and both do not match the sides.

The labels on the bottom corner are what dont match.

Can someone go look at their car and tell me if they all match. and what they say.

if anyone has expierence with this pleas let me know

Thank you

Old 06-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Hey I live in Tulsa, and work at the dealer body shop here. We actually have some cars here from Oklahoma City with hail and tornado damage that was couple weeks ago, as you know.
Well when you say your glass is different, what do you mean, is it just the labels? Is window tint involved?
Well let me go look at my G and I'll see what I can do...

Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Ok I looked at my windshield and all the other glass. There is a sticker on the bottom corner of every glass. Door stickers are different from the windshield and back glass, but from the same factory. So what are you really trying to make sure?

You know as long as the glass is OE like you asked, and as long as it looks the same like you had before on your G, I would say it's ok if the stickers are different. As long as the quality and the fitment is good I'll be happy.
Well I can take a picture of all the lettering on that sticker if you want me to.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

My final goal is to get the car back to OE condition.

I figured all the glass would have the same tag on it.

Frankly I did not even check the fitment of the glass as the rest of the car still needed some final prep work.

When I saw that the back and front glass did not match each other or even the front I got concerned.

The Car is at Flair (OKC and Tulsa). They shipped the car from my shop in Moore to Edmond due to the massive destruction in my area. When It got back to Moore the Manager there said he did not like the final prep work they did and told me it would be a few more days for him to make it look good.

There is a big price difference in OE glass vs Aftermarket glass

if you want to email me pics, my email is danny.b@tylermedia.com

Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by beav626
Thanks for the quick response.

My final goal is to get the car back to OE condition.

I figured all the glass would have the same tag on it.

Frankly I did not even check the fitment of the glass as the rest of the car still needed some final prep work.

When I saw that the back and front glass did not match each other or even the front I got concerned.

The Car is at Flair (OKC and Tulsa). They shipped the car from my shop in Moore to Edmond due to the massive destruction in my area. When It got back to Moore the Manager there said he did not like the final prep work they did and told me it would be a few more days for him to make it look good.

There is a big price difference in OE glass vs Aftermarket glass

if you want to email me pics, my email is danny.b@tylermedia.com
Yes there is a pretty big difference between aftermarket and OE. I personally would need to change my front windshield on my G as well and I'm going to go with OE, maybe not new one but it will be an OE replacement.

So btw how did you see the replacement glass already that they bought for your G? Were the glass already on the car even before the paint job?
In our shop we put the glass after the car been painted, cause it's much easier and better to paint the car with the glass off, so the paint and the clear coat can be properly applied in all the edges so it won't peal on you later. Well that's unless they are not painting the roof, but it is a hail damage and I would figure they would need to.

...also since your G is 08 and my is 07 we might have a slight difference in glass stickers. Factory glass labels are sometimes different between the years, since they do changes every year, but it might be completely the same. So it's kinda hard to judge which ones they bought for your G, just as long as the fitment is good it's all ok.

Last edited by Shurik355; 06-10-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I saw the Car as a final product before the Moore store and I had a chance to inspect it.
Car was done to their standards but not mine

Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I saw the Car as a final product before the Moore store and I had a chance to inspect it.
Car was done to their standards but not mine
you should have brought your G to our shop. It would have left better looking then OE. lol Our shop does pretty D%$# good work.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 PM
This particular shop has done some custom work for me in the past on my Vette. So I assumed they would do good on the G. Ive learned my lesson, never go back.

BTW- What shop doy you work at maybe I can use you if twe get another storm...

Old 06-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
my insurance company also replaced my stock windshield with an aftermarket piece. The OEM glass cracked very easily and was replaced at only 3K miles. The aftermarket glass has been on for two years now with almost 30K miles on it. zero cracks.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 PM
This particular shop has done some custom work for me in the past on my Vette. So I assumed they would do good on the G. Ive learned my lesson, never go back.

BTW- What shop doy you work at maybe I can use you if twe get another storm...
It's Bill Knight Collision. We have a south and north location in Tulsa. We are a dealer so the quality or the work we do is like OE.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:44 PM

In addition to the trunk letters being in the wrong spot- the red paint has too much flake in it, it looks like a bass boat (little exaggeration)

Dirt in paint, 2 new dents, fisheyes on the hood and tape marks everywhere.

FLAIR Body works in OKC/Tulsa can suck it.

I will be visiting with them later in the week after the flood waters subside. I hope they fix it.

BTW-new screen name will be Tracker ,like the boat

Old 06-15-2010, 12:29 AM

In addition to the trunk letters being in the wrong spot- the red paint has too much flake in it, it looks like a bass boat (little exaggeration)

Dirt in paint, 2 new dents, fisheyes on the hood and tape marks everywhere.

FLAIR Body works in OKC/Tulsa can suck it.

I will be visiting with them later in the week after the flood waters subside. I hope they fix it.

BTW-new screen name will be Tracker ,like the boat
OMG!!!! hahaha ROFLOL about the letters this is too funny! How in the world that body shop is still in business??? WTH??? WOW!!!

I've never seen or heard anything like this before what you described! What kind of hack shop is that, where did you find it??? How did that go through the management? I would be mad if that was my G!!

If they don't agree to fix it, contact your insurance so they can deal with them. Insurance did pay for it, right?

Definitely bring your car to our shop next time, you won't be dissapointed.

Last edited by Shurik355; 06-15-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Actually this shop is pretty big in OKC with 3-4 location here and I believe a few in Tulsa too. They did great work for me in the past but things and times have changed.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i am crying on the inside for you.....