G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I need a little help from the g community

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a little help from the g community

I know this is alot to ask, but the dealer is 3 hrs away, and it seems that evertime I take the car there, they screw something else up.

I'm having a vibration and noise out of the rear of my car.
All 4 tires have been road forced, and the rear tires took very little weight and I was told are accurately round (road force done at Nissan Dealership)

So I've jacked the car up and inspected all the components.

What I've found is:
While the rear tire is jacked off the ground, when I spin it I hear a whop whop whop sound that seems to be coming out of the differential. It makes this sound on both sides of the car.

Again, I know this is alot to ask and I appriciate any help in this matter.
Please jack 1 rear tire off the ground, (put a block on the front tire first as you will need to put the car in neutral) and spin your tire by hand. Do you hear this noise as the tire spins?

I'm seeing a slight delay when I shift the car from reverse to drive, it doesn't happen all the time, but on occassion (maybe 1 out of 4 times) I back up, shift into d, and give it some pedal, the tranny seems to slightly slip for a split second and then engage. I don't know if it is related or something completely different.
I had the car in for the brake judder, and it sat on a lift for 2 days with all 4 tires off. The problems I'm noticing have happened since which leaves me wondering what the tech got himself into as the brake judder fix is a 60 minute process.

Thanks in advance for any help,
DK

Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
i don't recall this noise at all when i had my car jacked up last weekend to do a tire rotation. do you have an X or an S?

and don't forget, nissan dealers will work on the car too. if they're closer that might be your best bet.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my car jacked up and didn't hear any noise coming from spinning the tires on both sides. Try taking it to a good mechanic that knows these cars in and out and he would be able to tell you exactly what's wrong. What I would suggest is have all your brake components torqued down to factory specs and then maybe your sound will go away

Old 08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
dmkhnr - I assume you have warranty left???
Remmy - I don't believe Nissan will do warranty or TSB work on Infiniti.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is not an x.
It is auto trans.
Yes I have warranty.

The sound seems to be coming from the rear diff, and happened after they did the brake judder fix.
I am very mechanically inclined and have checked all the brake components.
It almost seems like it's a bent rear axle, except for the fact that it makes the noise on both sides of the car.

If I could get somebody to please throw a jack under the car and verify for me.