G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

what about this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my opinion for what it's worth. When a dealer tells you it costs them a certain number to certify it, they are wrong. It does not cost them $1,000 to certify it. I think it is more in the neighborhood of 5-700. When I was looking at used G's and CPO's I had dealers tell me it was anywhere from $750 to $2,500 to certify them. When they say it is "certifiable" it just means their normal dealer inspection is very close to the certified inspection and they can get it passed so Infiniti will honor the CPO status.

With that being said, when I bought mine, I negotiated a lower price with certification than what they first came back to me without certification. It is all a numbers game, just show them you are smarter. I would definitely go CPO.

Not sure if you have already agreed on a final price, but I would say around $24,000 WITH certification would be a good deal.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Austin713
West houston added 500 on mine to do that... 1000 seems steep, but what you described you were getting sounds pretty good... i wish i would have gotten the 6spd instead!
I researched it during lunch, and there's a difference between Manufacturer CPO and Dealership CPO, I strongly doubt the the Manufacturer CPO would cost $500 or even $1000. What I've seen online suggested the Manufacturer CPO is more in the $2k range.

Major differences:
DEALER: 1) warranty only honored through them. 2.) Unable to offer low APR (see offer above). 3. More than likely it's a extended Warranty (deductible involved)

MANUFACTURER: 1) low APR (see above) 2.) Nationwide Coverage at any Infiniti Dealer 3) Factory regular warranty (without deductible)

For me it will be a waste of money to get the dealer warranty since I'm in the Military and can't guarantee I will be in Ga for longer than 2 yrs.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
I researched it during lunch, and there's a difference between Manufacturer CPO and Dealership CPO, I strongly doubt the the Manufacturer CPO would cost $500 or even $1000. What I've seen online suggested the Manufacturer CPO is more in the $2k range.

Major differences:
DEALER: 1) warranty only honored through them. 2.) Unable to offer low APR (see offer above). 3. More than likely it's a extended Warranty (deductible involved)

MANUFACTURER: 1) low APR (see above) 2.) Nationwide Coverage at any Infiniti Dealer 3) Factory regular warranty (without deductible)

For me it will be a waste of money to get the dealer warranty since I'm in the Military and can't guarantee I will be in Ga for longer than 2 yrs.
A "dealership CPO" does not really exist...it is an oxymoron. If they say it has been certified by a dealer and only backed by a dealer, that is BS and wont get you anything. The whole point of CPO is that it is the next best thing to a new warranty from the manufacturer on a used car (unless you purchased the car new and you then purchase the extended elite warranty).

You want to make sure you get an Infiniti Certified PreOwned from a reputable Infiniti Dealer. You will get the official checklist, and a certificate of certification.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Well we couldn't seal the deal . Car was nice, Manufacturer CPO for $25899. I was cool with that price, however the price for the denali wasn't cool, so i had to walk. Guess I'll be driving the Denali for a while. Anyone looking for an 07S 6-speed, Gwinnet Infiniti has one. See details in original thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.