G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Squeaky Creaky Sunroof ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaky Creaky Sunroof ????

I have an 08xS that I purchased back in late March. Never had it in real cool weather until the last few days due to some crazy cool nights. Car is garage kept and temp has been around 55-60 in there by morning. I have noticed this week during about the first 15 mins. that any driving on uneven or non-smooth roads generates an annoying squeak and creak until the exterior seal warms up. I opened the roof the other day and wiped some dry silicon spray around the seal on the roof. This helped for about a day but now the sounds are back. Does anyone elses else experience this and if so did you find a solution to it? I am sure the dealer will tell me it is normal as it does eventually go away. However, it will be a long winter here if I have to listen to that as I drive around. All of my prior cars have had sunroofs and I have never had this issue.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by dbal72
I have an 08xS that I purchased back in late March. Never had it in real cool weather until the last few days due to some crazy cool nights. Car is garage kept and temp has been around 55-60 in there by morning. I have noticed this week during about the first 15 mins. that any driving on uneven or non-smooth roads generates an annoying squeak and creak until the exterior seal warms up. I opened the roof the other day and wiped some dry silicon spray around the seal on the roof. This helped for about a day but now the sounds are back. Does anyone elses else experience this and if so did you find a solution to it? I am sure the dealer will tell me it is normal as it does eventually go away. However, it will be a long winter here if I have to listen to that as I drive around. All of my prior cars have had sunroofs and I have never had this issue.
If you close the fabric slide the sound goes away.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Dizzo
If you close the fabric slide the sound goes away.
Exactly!! That is probably the dealer solution.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I have had mine in twice for the same problem. They just smear a bunch of lubricant on the outer seals. Fixes it for a short amount of time. I just keep the shade closed and I can barely notice it.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by dbal72
Exactly!! That is probably the dealer solution.
I feel your pain. My other cars, corolla and civics, did not have this problem. My $40K car does and it also has wind noise from the front passenger window. I think the seals are not that good.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Some of the sound can be attributed to slight chassis flex. I can really feel/hear it when coming out of a steep driveway at an angle slowly.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 PM
OP...I'm having the exact same problem over the past 6 months! Only when the sunroof is closed, and it goes away once opened. If I pull the shade it's not noticeable anymore, but then what's the point of a sunroof?

Anyway, anyone come up with a DIY fix for this yet?

Old 10-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had the same issues (the noisy sunroof and body flex) for a long time. Thought it might be just my car but I guess not! Its just disappointing that a car that costs this much has these issues.

The sunroof should not squeak and frankly that amount of body flex tells me that Nissan didn't design the G well. Body flex affects handling and if Nissan wants Infiniti to compete with the likes of BMW this type of body flex must be eliminated.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzo
I feel your pain. My other cars, corolla and civics, did not have this problem. My $40K car does and it also has wind noise from the front passenger window. I think the seals are not that good.

I had the seals replaced for my windows under warranty last week. You should check it out.

Last edited by _RR_; 10-10-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^tsb?

Old 10-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by _RR_
I had the seals replaced for my windows under warranty last week. You should check it out.
Are you talking about the side windows or sunroof? I have had the seals replaced on my side windows, but to my knowledge not on the sunroof...

Old 10-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm talking about the side widows sorry for the confusion.

edit: I just noticed I was quoting the wrong post, it's fixed now.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I fixed the body flex by doing 4 subframe braces from GTSpec. This fixed almost all the flex noise...including the sunroof.

Today i put deadener in the rear wheel wells to see if that helps with the road noise.

Other thann that...i still really love this car...especially for the price.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by ParkStr8
I fixed the body flex by doing 4 subframe braces from GTSpec. This fixed almost all the flex noise...including the sunroof.

Today i put deadener in the rear wheel wells to see if that helps with the road noise.

Other thann that...i still really love this car...especially for the price.
would you be kind enough to link us to that product thanks in advance.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by _RR_
I'm talking about the side widows sorry for the confusion.

edit: I just noticed I was quoting the wrong post, it's fixed now.
is there a tsb for the side window stripping? mine is kind of falling inward

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Squeaky Creaky Sunroof ????