Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking to buy an 07 Sport - help?

Found this in Sacramento:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2003607086.html

just want some inputs, is it worth it?

The car blue books for about $23k?

I know its been in an accident before but it looks like its been fixed perfectly and branded title cars dont bother me...

Also looking at this one: http://www.luxmotoonline.com/2007-In...ortland-OR-427

Old 10-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Dante
Found this in Sacramento:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2003607086.html

just want some inputs, is it worth it?

The car blue books for about $23k?

I know its been in an accident before but it looks like its been fixed perfectly and branded title cars dont bother me...

Also looking at this one: http://www.luxmotoonline.com/2007-In...ortland-OR-427
WOW that is a pretty good deal, considering that's a loaded model. 16K??? wow!!! Also +1 for the conversion.
Also where did he mentioned that it's been in an accident?
Branded title cars don't scare me as well as long as they have been properly repaired, so don't hesitate about buying it! Just make sure it's all ok ... That looks like H of a deal!!!

man I'd jump on this deal, in fact I might do so thanks for posting ... lol j/k but I would've seriously

Last edited by Shurik355; 10-20-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Shurik355
WOW that is a pretty good deal, considering that's a loaded model. 16K??? wow!!! Also +1 for the conversion.
Also where did he mentioned that it's been in an accident?
Branded title cars don't scare me as well as long as they have been properly repaired, so don't hesitate about buying it! Just make sure it's all ok ... That looks like H of a deal!!!

man I'd jump on this deal, in fact I might do so thanks for posting ... lol j/k but I would've seriously
A car like that for 16k has something definitely wrong with it...I would assume also an accident on that vehicle prior too. Nobody would sell that car for that cheap unless there was something wrong with it. The front end is missing the original OEM stickers, meaning that it has been played around with (could be done during the front end conversion). Nobody would put all that work to remod it just to sell it for that low of a price.

He found out it had an accident probably because he looked up the VIN number that was posted on the seller's photobucket:
http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...SC04027.jpg%26

Also the seller listed it as a salvage title:
http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/.../detailse.html

"The g35 has a California SALVAGE Title. It was purchased from auto auction. It was once had a damage on the front. REPLACED PARTS: Hood Left fender Headlights Bumper radiator support reinforcement driver airbag OUT OF STATE BUYERS: Please know everything that you need from us in order to register the car in your state before bidding. Keep in mind, you as the buyer are responsible for taxes and registration fees."

I would stay away from it. Who knows what kind of engine damage it has. Not to mention that there would be absolutely no warranty offered since it has a salvage title. The car was likely claimed total loss by the insurance company from the accident.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 10-21-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
A car like that for 16k has something definitely wrong with it...I would assume also an accident on that vehicle prior too. Nobody would sell that car for that cheap unless there was something wrong with it. The front end is missing the original OEM stickers, meaning that it has been played around with (could be done during the front end conversion). Nobody would put all that work to remod it just to sell it for that low of a price.

He found out it had an accident probably because he looked up the VIN number that was posted on the seller's photobucket:
http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...SC04027.jpg%26

Also the seller listed it as a salvage title:
http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/.../detailse.html

"The g35 has a California SALVAGE Title. It was purchased from auto auction. It was once had a damage on the front. REPLACED PARTS: Hood Left fender Headlights Bumper radiator support reinforcement driver airbag OUT OF STATE BUYERS: Please know everything that you need from us in order to register the car in your state before bidding. Keep in mind, you as the buyer are responsible for taxes and registration fees."

I would stay away from it. Who knows what kind of engine damage it has. Not to mention that there would be absolutely no warranty offered since it has a salvage title. The car was likely claimed total loss by the insurance company from the accident.
Well let me explain something to you, listen to this. You are right about the price wise, that is kinda cheap for that car especially with everything in it loaded. Before buying a salvige title car that could be sold for more and is selling for cheap like that, I would also try and find out why, if possible. (test drive is a must)

Also a car that use to be salvaged and now with a rebuilt title isn't bad at all apart from the warranty issue. If the car is fixed right the warrany may never ever come in handy.

I bought my car the same way he did, I work in the body shop at the dealership. I bought my 07 G35s as a salvage title. Rebuilt it professionally and now it's like new! (I even have a write up on the whole process here on this forum). I personally know that my G is a great car, fixed right and everything. Rebulit title means nothing for me. Ever since I fixed it up, never had an issue.
Also when some cars get salvaged titles that doesn't mean all bad, sometimes insurance companies will salvage the vihicle because the owner doesn't want it fixed up, we get that at the body shop here sometimes. The car can have only 30% damage vs the value and still get totaled = you can buy them cheap on auctions and fix them. Some cars end up with the clean titles at auctions, and some get salvaged title for random reason. Once agian it's not all bad like most think.

For Example, If im going to sell my G to my friends, they know how good of a work i do and they would never hasitate about the car, like maybe some other person would (if taking you for example) cause of course you don't know me or how good of a work a person like me does. It's understandable.

Well all that ^^^ if you know what I mean. But I agree with you, if I had my G fully loaded like he listed + front end conversion I would not even sell it below 20K. But perhaps he's just need the money asap and need to sell it quick. There might not even be something wrong with it.
My friend sold his 08 Salvage G for $15k before. His was fully loaded as well with like 30K miles. I was shocked! But he had college fees and needed $$$$ asap, so he had to let it go fast. I knew he's G was great. If I didn't have mine at that time, I'd buy his in a heart bit.

So there might be another story with that G, but you just never know, you know. Once again like you said, title cars don't scare you, so try and find out more about the car you know. You can't find out anything about that person who sells it, but you can about the car.

Also +1 on what G35_916 said below

Last edited by Shurik355; 10-21-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 AM
I bought mine 2 months ago. 08 auto with 37k fully loaded but not S model and it is salvage. Paid 15 grand for it. Looks mint only downfall is the airbag in passenger seat has not been changed as well as the curtain airbag. I'm a stickler when it comes to cars, my car is pretty damn clean. So that price that is listed for the one you mentioned is about right. 6spd would drop the price a little as well since its much harder to sell. You need to check it out and see the fit and finish to determine the true value.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HPS intakes, don't know much about 'em but they look cheap.

Also, I wonder if there's only 1 key fob. There's 1 in the dash and 1 in the trunk w/the manual but that could be the same key in both pix.

I wouldn't buy a car privately if they only had 1 key.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:05 AM
hey thanks for all the info guys! really appreciate it. what about the second car I mentioned??

http://www.luxmotoonline.com/2007-In...ortland-OR-427

this one is a clean title, selling from a dealership.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
my friend you can find some really good deals. the ladder is my fav. looks really nice and who doesn't like black on black.

u already own a g, its a journey and are looking to upgrade or what? im thinking about doing the same thing. good luck brother.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:08 PM
hey thanks for all the info guys! really appreciate it. what about the second car I mentioned??

http://www.luxmotoonline.com/2007-In...ortland-OR-427

this one is a clean title, selling from a dealership.
I just bought a 2007 G35S black/black 6MT Premium/Navigation/Tech with 37k for 21990, so with a couple more miles etc.. right on track with the deal I got.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:31 PM
so you think its worth jumping on it?

I currently own an 05 G35 sports sedan with 6spd...

Old 10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
so you think its worth jumping on it?

I currently own an 05 G35 sports sedan with 6spd...
I don't know since I've never owned a 1st gen g35..

I went from '97 Maxima 5MT -> '02 Maxima AT (big mistake.. i hate driving autos) to this '07 G35S 6MT.. I couldn't be happier, but my upgrade was more significant then yours

Old 10-21-2010, 05:18 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Dante, already selling the 05 sedan?

Old 10-21-2010, 08:14 PM
why yes I am, wife wants to get the newer body style g35 07-08.
I love my current car but I do like how the 07 looks.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:16 PM
why yes I am, wife wants to get the newer body style g35 07-08.
I love my current car but I do like how the 07 looks.
I never liked the look of the 1st gen. 03-06 Sedans. Love the 2nd gen. though. You're making a good choice

Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 PM
personally I dont like how the 03-04 looks but the 05-06 look pretty good, especially if its the sports one with the spoiler and aero kit or whatever it is...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking to buy an 07 Sport - help?