G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Questions: G35S 2007 M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions: G35S 2007 M6

I recently picked up a 2007 G35s m6... I have a couple questions that I could use some help with...

1 - Are coilovers worth the money or do springs do the job just fine? I came from an evo x so I really want to stiffen up the ride. I will be adding gt spec pieces to the mix.

2 - Once lowered just over an inch, what size/width wheel should I go with to ensure I am maximizing the staggered lip look while also making sure ABSOLUTELY no rubbing issues? Please include offset and tire size if you have an answer to this.

3 - What is best intake exhaust combo with actual gains being my goal.

Thanks! I have searched but it is tough to find definite answers.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
1) It would depend on what you really want. From what you wrote I would go for coilovers, springs are for looks. You can find a good set of coilovers if you just search around the forum.

2) No idea cause i'm not lowered.

3) Do some searching. I have Fujita SRI's and i'm planning to get Invidia Q300 and maybe test pipes/HFC. Intake wise if you want the "most" power I would go for the Stillen Gen 3. I'm not sure which combination is the best.

Hope that helped a bit. How is the change from a Evo X to a G?

Old 11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by apexi957
1) It would depend on what you really want. From what you wrote I would go for coilovers, springs are for looks. You can find a good set of coilovers if you just search around the forum.

2) No idea cause i'm not lowered.

3) Do some searching. I have Fujita SRI's and i'm planning to get Invidia Q300 and maybe test pipes/HFC. Intake wise if you want the "most" power I would go for the Stillen Gen 3. I'm not sure which combination is the best.

Hope that helped a bit. How is the change from a Evo X to a G?
Thanks for the help....

Tough transition to G to be honest. I really miss driving my X. I had to get the G because needed better car for 2 kids as we are expecting. The G is 1 million x better in every way except driving... The G is however surprisingly fun to drive but again the X is amazingly quick. This is why I need to stiffen up the ride and pick up a few ponies along the way. I would like the 0-60 to be below 5 secs.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Congrats on the purchase man,

I test drove a Evo X before I got my G and man oh man that thing is one of the best handling cars I have ever driven. Its almost as good as my Dads S2000. And is SOOO tuneable. But yeah its unfortunately still an economy car, better than the last gen, but not too hot in the Luxury department.

Well you have to remember that the G is a bit heavier and not quite so tuneable. I am sure the coilovers will help a ton, and the chasis braces will do wonders, but you just cant get rid of all the weight.

-I would think that 19's are probably going to be your best bet. For handling and ride with the coilovers.

-Sub 5 sec.. I think you need to come back to the NA world, as that kind of speed only will happen with FI. You can try to go intake/full exhaust and HFC and I am pretty sure you wont get down to that. Maybe if you take out all the seats and remove the spare tire.

They do have Super charger kits and turbo kits for the car but they are in the 10k range not installed.

Seems like they are pretty fast though.

Good luck.

Post some pics...

What color did you get?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Hell the more of these that I am seeing... Maybe it is worth the 10k..

Dang

Old 11-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ wow, thats really impressive! i have raced a buddy's R6 for fun to my stock g35 and obviously got smoked.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Well I figured 5.0 or maybe 4.9 0-60 might be doable considering I read diff mags had clocked the M6 at 5.1 and 5.2. I realize every .1 is hard to get!!

As for rims/tires. I know I want 19's but I am wondering more about width and offset and tire size. I dont want any rub but want biggest offset possible.

Originally Posted by CerveloR3-SL
Congrats on the purchase man,

I test drove a Evo X before I got my G and man oh man that thing is one of the best handling cars I have ever driven. Its almost as good as my Dads S2000. And is SOOO tuneable. But yeah its unfortunately still an economy car, better than the last gen, but not too hot in the Luxury department.

Well you have to remember that the G is a bit heavier and not quite so tuneable. I am sure the coilovers will help a ton, and the chasis braces will do wonders, but you just cant get rid of all the weight.

-I would think that 19's are probably going to be your best bet. For handling and ride with the coilovers.

-Sub 5 sec.. I think you need to come back to the NA world, as that kind of speed only will happen with FI. You can try to go intake/full exhaust and HFC and I am pretty sure you wont get down to that. Maybe if you take out all the seats and remove the spare tire.

They do have Super charger kits and turbo kits for the car but they are in the 10k range not installed.

Seems like they are pretty fast though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqpoK3KNJgU

Good luck.

Post some pics...

What color did you get?

Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, Car and Driver & Road and Track has clocked the 2007 0-60 @ 5.1, 5.2, 5.3...

I definitely think 5.0 and 4.9 is doable with a few mods. Weight plays a major factor. There were a few old threads about weight saving somewhere.

Intake - Cold Air Intake (Injen or Stillen 3)
Exhaust - Stillen / Fast Intentions
HFC - Berk
Test Pipes - ART / GTM / Berk
Coilovers - KW / BC / Tein / Tanabe
Sways - Hotchkis
Tune - Osiris
Wheels + Good Tires 19"

I'm sure you'd hit lower than 5.0 with these mods.

Remember you came from an Evo that has a beastly 0-60 launching at high RPM AWD. Launching the G isn't as easy. The G's and Evo's stock 1/4 mile are similar. From a roll the G is quicker. I wouldn't be too concerned with 0-60 but more concerned with the 1/4 mile.

G > Evo anyday...

Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Speed isn't everything guys ;]

Old 11-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by apexi957
Speed isn't everything guys ;]
True.. I was considering a 2007 STI when I was looking at the G. Girlfriend told me it looked like a matchbox toy. Three of my friends have a STI, EVO, and a WRX. Besides speed, the G wins in every other category. Only drawback is with those cars you can spend 1/4 of the money you would on the G to make it fast.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:08 PM
G's are just money pits, but I love mine.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by OMG35S
Yeah, Car and Driver & Road and Track has clocked the 2007 0-60 @ 5.1, 5.2, 5.3...

I definitely think 5.0 and 4.9 is doable with a few mods. Weight plays a major factor. There were a few old threads about weight saving somewhere.

Intake - Cold Air Intake (Injen or Stillen 3)
Exhaust - Stillen / Fast Intentions
HFC - Berk
Test Pipes - ART / GTM / Berk
Coilovers - KW / BC / Tein / Tanabe
Sways - Hotchkis
Tune - Osiris
Wheels + Good Tires 19"

I'm sure you'd hit lower than 5.0 with these mods.

Remember you came from an Evo that has a beastly 0-60 launching at high RPM AWD. Launching the G isn't as easy. The G's and Evo's stock 1/4 mile are similar. From a roll the G is quicker. I wouldn't be too concerned with 0-60 but more concerned with the 1/4 mile.

G > Evo anyday...
These mods will give you what maybe 30hp.? That is what the G37 has over a 2007 and it does not reach 4.9 sec.

Just my 2 cents.. = )

Its possible but I would think that its a bit of a reach. Now if you said you were gettting OZ lightweights in 17 inch size then maybe we are talking. But you go 19inch wheels and typically whamo your HP gains are gone.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
The '10 G37 has done 5.0S flat stock with some more weight.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Let's put it this way, you could make the Evo a lot faster for a lot less money so be prepared to spend if you want to make serious numbers.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by CerveloR3-SL
These mods will give you what maybe 30hp.? That is what the G37 has over a 2007 and it does not reach 4.9 sec.

Just my 2 cents.. = )

Its possible but I would think that its a bit of a reach. Now if you said you were gettting OZ lightweights in 17 inch size then maybe we are talking. But you go 19inch wheels and typically whamo your HP gains are gone.
Thanks everybody, and I'm aware of everything stated. I realize this aint an evo.. I know its gonna cost a bit more and I'll see min. gains. As for wheels, I was thinking possibly staying 18, but there are 19 that weight same as stock and of course even less for $$$$$.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions: G35S 2007 M6