G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Aftermarket Wipers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
My dealer don't sell refills, just new assembly. Why would i need to change the arm out? Just their way of gettn more money. The rubber blades are good for 6 months (suggested replacement time) the arm is metal and will last 4ever, why do they want me to replace them

Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by mikeb2
The Bosch Icons would've been like $50.00 for wipers. I mean, really, they're just wipers.
I know, right? I'm telling you guys that the neoforms are the way to go rather than the icons. I'd say this at regular price however I usually buy during their rebates...which end 12/15 btw.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jeff618
I know, right? I'm telling you guys that the neoforms are the way to go rather than the icons. I'd say this at regular price however I usually buy during their rebates...which end 12/15 btw.
Do the neoforms sit flush, out of view just like the OEM wipers? Wipers are especially important for me in rainy Seattle

Old 12-11-2010, 05:26 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I've been using trico neoform beam blade wipers after switching from icons quite a while back. IMO they fit great, they work great, they're super quiet, they look great and they're the lowest-cost top-of-the-line wiper blade out there.
I'm a long time ICON user but decided to give these a try. Hell with the rebate both blades were $16 total shipped. Thanks for the tip Jeff.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I love the Bosch Icons. They're noticeably better than stock.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought my G last Saturday and brought it to the dealer for a few things. Blades were done but I had read some TSBs about how to service wiper refills. Asked the parts department while I was there for refill costs. Cost was the same as after market wipers. Difference is that our wipers have that small wing thing going which most after market wipers don't.

So it cost me the same and I kept the OEM assembly, just swapped in new blades of rubber.

J

Old 12-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I've always replaced them with rain-x on my previous cars

Old 12-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
oem replacement cost me 20 bucks while getting my oil changed at the dealer, work fine best deal in my opinion

Old 12-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I'm a long time ICON user but decided to give these a try. Hell with the rebate both blades were $16 total shipped. Thanks for the tip Jeff.
You're welcome.

Originally Posted by jcrayamsterdam
Bought my G last Saturday and brought it to the dealer for a few things. Blades were done but I had read some TSBs about how to service wiper refills. Asked the parts department while I was there for refill costs. Cost was the same as after market wipers. Difference is that our wipers have that small wing thing going which most after market wipers don't.

So it cost me the same and I kept the OEM assembly, just swapped in new blades of rubber.

J
Yeah, I was concerned about the wing too. What I bought has the aerodynamic wing too. Even at 74mph (my normal freeway speed), no lifting and complete contact with no noise. No patience for refills...call me lazy!! LOL Besides, with wisconsin winters I think replacing the whole thing occasionally compensates for the abuse those puppies go through in the winter.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Besides, with wisconsin winters I think replacing the whole thing occasionally compensates for the abuse those puppies go through in the winter.
Jeff my man, we both go through the same winters! I usually replaced entire blades. This is the first time I went OEM.

But check this out, some parts of the blade make contact and others don't. Three days after they were installed they're doing this! I send my advisor an email to see what he thought. I really don't want to go in for something so trivial.

J

Old 12-17-2010, 01:08 PM
So for my northern bretheren it seems as if the OEM wipers have very low profile blades. This combined with the wiper arm design causes ice / snow to build up *under* the portion of the arm that holds the blade. When this ice / snow forms is prevents the arm from compressing the blade tightly against the windshield.

That's what the problem was here. So it looks like these OEM wipers are great in the summer and light snow but can't stand up to a proper North Eastern winter.

I'll be replacing these wipers for the winter. In the mean time I've had to diligently scrape off the ice and snow under the arm. Big pain in the **** each morning before going to work.

J

Old 12-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently got OEM ones and they have been pretty damn good. No noise and it wipes very clean, makes contact all throughout. But if I had a choice to buy again I would try cheaper aftermarkets, the OEMs cost me 40bux. Screw that.

Or these for sure

Old 12-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Costco

I have an 08 G35S and just purchased both wipers at Costco. Goodyear wipers for $7.99 each. You will need a 16" passenger and 21" driver.

They work great so Save your money.

Good Luck

Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I've never had any problems with New England winters, using my OEM blades.
The car is now almost 4 years old and I'm just getting ready to replace my refills for the third time.
Once a year and never a streak or flutter on the highway... they've been great for me.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Wanted to get Rain-X ones but they ran out of the sizes I needed. So I bought Armour-all wipers and they are pretty good. Just get any hingeless wipers, they all start to crap out after a year or so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wipers?