G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

How maintain a High Miles Infiniti G35?

  #31  
Old 01-19-2011, 12:03 AM
schwartzki's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by baileyt35 View Post
QG35, how did you know your wheel bearings were bad?
They get noisy, and a bad tire makes noise all speeds, whereas a bearing makes speed over 25-35.
 
  #32  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't own a G, but have the same engine & drivetrain (07 Z). I know the Z's VLSD craps out at about 50k. Have any of you replaced the stock VLSD on your way to 100k or noticed it's performance has diminished?
 
  #33  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Inside my G
Posts: 4,093
Received 212 Likes on 155 Posts
^ 60k here, several track days, nothing out of the ordinary.
 
  #34  
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 39
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssh1786 View Post
Hey guys, I have a 2007 G35 Journey. I want some suggestions on how to maintain the car after it reaches 100K. I bought this car with 110K and runs like new. What exactly should I look into and what should I replace, in order to keep it running smoothly. I had a 2005 Infiniti g35 which I drove for 143K and it didnt give me any prob AT ALL. VERY HAPPY with it. Because this is a newer model, is there anything to look out for?
I've always stuck with Nissan family and never had any major problems. My first Nissan was 99 Maxima GLE top of the line. My 07 G35 reminds me of this car actually. I bought the car at 91k and I traded it at 275K. Car still had Punch and like the first day I bought it. You just have to take care of it and change your lubes, Lubes is the key these cars are built to last. Only mods was JDM headlight housing and K&N air filter

I was used Mobil 1 15w40 with Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer; Around every 5k i would Sea Foam it and I only changed the tranny fluid once. Traded it in for 05 Max, traded 05 Max for 07 G35. Man I miss that Maxima! The saleman who sold me the 05 Max kept the 99 Maxima himself and loved it.
 
  #35  
Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 39
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Project View Post
Regular maintenance. 103k on my 03' and shes doing fine. Burns a little oil, but nothing major. Changed all the fluids, clutch, brakes.

Clean the throttle body and your good to go.

Only issue i had was the oil pooling in the spark plug cylinder, but that was fixed by warranty.
When taken care of these cars will out last the earth lol.
 
  #36  
Old 01-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered User
Join Date: May 2006
Location: East LA
Posts: 53
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine just turned 59k, got it brand new,gotta change the brakes soon, no major issues, had to replace master clutch cylinder, which i won't get into the headache that was, but she's been running great, and i drive a lot too.
 
  #37  
Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 80
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After researching and reviewing these forums, I was able to do some work on my baby. 07 g35 114k. Called the Infiniti dealership and asked them what sort of maintance I had to do on my car, considering it's high milage. They said I had to update my car of there 105k mark, which included: tire rotation, oil & filter change, top off fluids, park plug change, flush and replace antifreeze, wipers check, throttle body cleaned with injection cleaning, and other misc stuff. That came out to be $740.

I could have went off and paid almost 3/4 of a grand, but I didn't. Instead I took out all of the redicilious things they were charging me for and came down too simply, oil change (which I needed) and throttle body cleaned with injection cleaning. Those were the most prominent suggestion on forums and other sites for 105k + g35's. Asked the infiniti service dept. for the revised total and that came out to be $250. I asked the rep if it was necessary to change the spark plugs he said, yes, but if you feel a prob in the shift of the gears... Wasnt my case... So i didnt do it! Oh and btw, theres no timming belt for this vehicle so no hassle!

So I called my local mechanic, he takes care of all of my vehicles, and asked him to do both, oil change, and cleaning. The grand total of $110. he said it wasn't really dirty but always a good thing to do when you go above 105k. So I was happy at the end.

Also, I got my stillen gen 2 exhaust installed the same day. So I was just cruising the entire day, before I realized the gas prices are so effin high. Lol

Thought I'd share is with y'all. Btw thanks for everyones input!
 
  #38  
Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Anton_Chigurh's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gillette Stadium
Posts: 2,513
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ssh1786 View Post
After researching and reviewing these forums, I was able to do some work on my baby. 07 g35 114k. Called the Infiniti dealership and asked them what sort of maintance I had to do on my car, considering it's high milage. They said I had to update my car of there 105k mark, which included: tire rotation, oil & filter change, top off fluids, park plug change, flush and replace antifreeze, wipers check, throttle body cleaned with injection cleaning, and other misc stuff. That came out to be $740.

I could have went off and paid almost 3/4 of a grand, but I didn't. Instead I took out all of the redicilious things they were charging me for and came down too simply, oil change (which I needed) and throttle body cleaned with injection cleaning. Those were the most prominent suggestion on forums and other sites for 105k + g35's. Asked the infiniti service dept. for the revised total and that came out to be $250. I asked the rep if it was necessary to change the spark plugs he said, yes, but if you feel a prob in the shift of the gears... Wasnt my case... So i didnt do it! Oh and btw, theres no timming belt for this vehicle so no hassle!

So I called my local mechanic, he takes care of all of my vehicles, and asked him to do both, oil change, and cleaning. The grand total of $110. he said it wasn't really dirty but always a good thing to do when you go above 105k. So I was happy at the end.

Also, I got my stillen gen 2 exhaust installed the same day. So I was just cruising the entire day, before I realized the gas prices are so effin high. Lol

Thought I'd share is with y'all. Btw thanks for everyones input!


screw going to a dealership for anything..just have a local shop do your work for 1/2 the price..probably less
 
  #39  
Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 789
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh View Post
screw going to a dealership for anything..just have a local shop do your work for 1/2 the price..probably less
That is great if you can get it... I find local shops usually end up screwing me in the long run...

I know I know Dealers probably are screwing me every time, now that I am out of warranty I really need to look into finding a good mechanic to work on my car ....
 
  #40  
Old 01-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 39
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I myself like to save a buck or two buy going to local car shop, However I've only let the dealer change my tranny fluid.
 
  #41  
Old 01-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Anton_Chigurh's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gillette Stadium
Posts: 2,513
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
That is great if you can get it... I find local shops usually end up screwing me in the long run...

I know I know Dealers probably are screwing me every time, now that I am out of warranty I really need to look into finding a good mechanic to work on my car ....
thank god i know 2 mechanics here in town that are great prices and haven't screwed up anything on my car...just gotta find a guy that doesn't cost $130/hr in labor..which is everyone but a dealer
 
  #42  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered User
Join Date: May 2010
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a lot of labor involved in replacing the tensioner and guide? Dealership is trying to ding me 700.
 
  #43  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssh1786 View Post
After researching and reviewing these forums, I was able to do some work on my baby. 07 g35 114k. Called the Infiniti dealership and asked them what sort of maintance I had to do on my car, considering it's high milage. They said I had to update my car of there 105k mark, which included: tire rotation, oil & filter change, top off fluids, park plug change, flush and replace antifreeze, wipers check, throttle body cleaned with injection cleaning, and other misc stuff. That came out to be $740.

I could have went off and paid almost 3/4 of a grand, but I didn't. Instead I took out all of the redicilious things they were charging me for and came down too simply, oil change (which I needed) and throttle body cleaned with injection cleaning. Those were the most prominent suggestion on forums and other sites for 105k + g35's. Asked the infiniti service dept. for the revised total and that came out to be $250. I asked the rep if it was necessary to change the spark plugs he said, yes, but if you feel a prob in the shift of the gears... Wasnt my case... So i didnt do it! Oh and btw, theres no timming belt for this vehicle so no hassle!

So I called my local mechanic, he takes care of all of my vehicles, and asked him to do both, oil change, and cleaning. The grand total of $110. he said it wasn't really dirty but always a good thing to do when you go above 105k. So I was happy at the end.

Also, I got my stillen gen 2 exhaust installed the same day. So I was just cruising the entire day, before I realized the gas prices are so effin high. Lol

Thought I'd share is with y'all. Btw thanks for everyones input!
You should probably do your spark plugs soon because i did mine @ 86k and you'll notice a huge difference on how the car acts and your gas mileage.
 
  #44  
Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 PM
baileyt35's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,240
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by OhfourG35Sedan View Post
Is there a lot of labor involved in replacing the tensioner and guide? Dealership is trying to ding me 700.
WOW!!! That is insane. I purchased the belt from Infiniti Parts Warehouse for $30 and dealer installed for $90 plus tax. I think they charged an hour and half labor but I know it didn't take them that long! Shop around, save yourself half a grand.
 
  #45  
Old 05-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,351
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I have an 04 strictly project G with 98,000 miles and she's a beast. got her at 65,000 miles and changed everything cuz that's how i roll... coolant flush with oem, differential to amsoil, tranny drain and fill, power steering reservoir drain n fill. haven't touched the brake fluid yet, or the belts, I usually wait for a slight squeel to change the belts cuz it's a pita.

I did have oil pooling in two cylinders when i went to change the plugs to ngk iridium, so i twisted a paper towel and let it sit down there until all the oil was soaked-up. I think the problem can be solved with the husky-air-compressor filter/oil-catch-can mod b/c it hasnt' happened since and that thing catches ALOT of oil!! In fact, despite my many mods over the years, including some expensive, invasive ones, i think that is my favorite b/c you can see it working every month. It's like installing a water filter and looking at all the crap you drink, or and air filter etc.

(of course it's annoying to empty!, but better than letting all that oil go into your intake and god knows where else.)
I'd say an oil catch can is probably one of the best mods you can do for the health of your engine over a long period of time, as mine has caught nearly 2 quarts of oil over 3 years.
BTW i've also been running amsoil 5w-30 with a mobile 1 m1-110 filter (made for the M, it's longer and has better flow than the m1-108 made for the G, takes more oil to fill) since i got her. Highly recommend it
 

Last edited by UR2EZ; 04-08-2013 at 01:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SurfsUp (11-13-2012)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How maintain a High Miles Infiniti G35?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: