G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

About to buy first g35 sport sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile About to buy first g35 sport sedan

Hey guys, new here. I am close to buying a used 2007 G35 sport sedan, MT, with 29k miles. There are a couple things going on that I would appreciate if you guys could help me with.

The current owner has after market rims and tires, so the tire pressure light is constantly on. The mechanic that I had check it out made this into a pretty big deal since he knows my dad and is trying to convince me to buy a cheap honda or toyota instead. Besides that, the front left tire had a bulge, and would be replaced. Now this is what I am trying to find out:

If I put the stock wheels back on, the light should turn off, no? Is getting it reprogrammed for these current wheels a lot of money?

The mechanic also mentioned that maintenance would be very high, especially since it is very high tech. I figured that it coming from a reliable Japanese brand, finding and parts wouldn't be too bad? Though I could be wrong.

Finally, is this car owner friendly to maintain? I figure the basics can be done, like rotors and brake pads.

The asking price is 20k. I've driven the car, it is great. Just not trying to have to pay out the *** for repairs and maintenance in the near future.

Thanks a ton. I make my decision later today.

Chris

Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Check the carfax and if it looks clean, as well as the rest of the car (exterior and interior) I'd do it. You'll enjoy the car very much. I picked up my 07 G35 about 6 months ago and I love every day of driving it.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
If the stock wheels has the sensors that were originally paired with the car? Yes. If not, then you can have it re-sync'd. There's a DIY around here for doing it yourself, it requires the use of a paperclip

My G, at 60k miles have been relatively low maintenance. Standard scheduled changes on pads, fluids and filters. If you're like the rest of us, you'll spend *way* more on mods. Finding parts for the G is easy and often-times cheap.

Very owner-friendly, IMHO.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:09 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I'd say this car is very owner friendly. Do it!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
"...maintenance would be very high, especially since it is very high tech"

Compared to what? a 1990 accord? This car is not really that high tech. Most cars nowadays have the same tech and even more. And it's certainly more reliable and cheaper to maintain than a BMW, Audi, or any other German in it's class.

29K miles is not bad for a 2007 model. I dunno about pricing in the US, but if the price is good, car is in good condition and nothing else is wrong with it then you're good to go.

The tire pressure light is no big deal. If the pressure sensors were left inside the stock wheels/tires then nothing is wrong with the car. You just need to reinstall the stock tires and possibly reset the sensors (which can be done for free, there's a thread here for doing that procedure).

The car is not expensive to maintain IMO. It's more expensive than a cheap honda but these are two completely different cars here.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
bought at 23k miles. at 58k now. all i have done is change the proper fluids, cabin filter (diy) and front brake pads. Extremely easy cars to work on. alot of the bolts are the same size and everything is pretty easy to figure out. as long as it hasnt been in a wreck and the previous owner didnt burn up the clutch you should be good. this car will have no more maintenance than an accord or some other *** car.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! Okay, I am about to call the guy up and ask 19k for the car. I know the pricing is pretty good as is, but there's no hurt in a little bargaining. I'm going to try and learn a lot of stuff on my own, like replacing rotors, pads, fluids etc to help offset maintenance costs.

Thanks! Will let you guys know how things turn out.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
So I will soon have a new (used) infiniti g35!

Only problems left are getting the temporary tags so I can drive it up to school. Basically, the car will be under my fathers name who lives in Washington state. In order to get the temp tags, does the car need to be registered? Or does he just need to call up his insurance company and get it covered?

I'm basically trying to explain everything to him so I can get it right away with the temp tag instead of waiting for the hard plates.

Thanks

Chris

Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisBrooklyn
So I will soon have a new (used) infiniti g35!

Only problems left are getting the temporary tags so I can drive it up to school. Basically, the car will be under my fathers name who lives in Washington state. In order to get the temp tags, does the car need to be registered? Or does he just need to call up his insurance company and get it covered?

I'm basically trying to explain everything to him so I can get it right away with the temp tag instead of waiting for the hard plates.

Thanks

Chris
Check the state in which the car is going to be registered.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Check to see when your car was initially titled, you may have a few months of warranty left so you can get anything that may need attention handled under warranty. I have 20s on our 09 and didn't re-mount the TPMS sensors, it's not a big deal taking your sensors from the stock wheels and installing them in your aftermarket wheels (if you like the wheels better that is). I think places like Discount Tire charge like 30 bucks to reprogram them. They are very easy cars to maintain IMO.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
Check to see when your car was initially titled, you may have a few months of warranty left so you can get anything that may need attention handled under warranty. I have 20s on our 09 and didn't re-mount the TPMS sensors, it's not a big deal taking your sensors from the stock wheels and installing them in your aftermarket wheels (if you like the wheels better that is). I think places like Discount Tire charge like 30 bucks to reprogram them. They are very easy cars to maintain IMO.
Well, the car is now sitting in my driveway! Though, I am up at school so I will most likely be getting it on Tuesday or the upcoming weekend.

Needless to say, I want it Tuesday

I'll post up pictures when I take them. It will be in Vermont, so I'll have to take off the 20's, and the accelera tires, but I plan to leave em on for at least a week.

Chris

Old 01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Congrats and enjoy your new car.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Congrats!

Ya def get rid of the accelera tires. im pretty sure thats why theres a bubble in one of them!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Get some pics!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
First, find a new mechanic, then make sure you get the sensors from the original OEM wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: About to buy first g35 sport sedan