Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
dang sorry to hear that

Old 02-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cool_G35
soundmike, you are right. I think you are in Houston and I am also in Houston . I really had very good almost Unbelievably good experience with local dealership.

I am in Houston; I bought my Used 08 G35 in Sept, 2009. I also had interior peeling off due to I used Armor All on interior and steering Wheel. But then I develop other issue with TMPS so I went to Dealer to have TPMS issued fixed (not the interior peeling) during initial inspection of the car the service Coordinator took note of peeling and without me asking him, he wrote up a work order to replace interior panel and Entire steering Wheel, I was jus amazed. I told him I was gonna wait for interior replacement cause its not that bad, he said if I want him not to replace, he will not replace it and I can come back later when it gets worse, he was just trying to save me time and additional trip to dealer ship. I picked up my car 2 days later with New TPMS and Interior Panels and Wheel.

This dealer is near by me so I have always used them for all my warranty issue, Every single time I had good experience. I have yet to try other Dealers in Houston, But i do not see any reason to go to any other dealership.
Nice to hear about a good dealer for a change, the 2 dealers I have been to have been good to me as well with regards to the peeling paint, no peeling on my replacements yet and it has been about 6 months. I doubt it was the Armor All that caused it however, I saw this on a ton of used G35s when i was looking. Also saw it some early 2000s Denalis and even some BMW Xs (at least the underlying plastic was black on the BMWs). My buddies G6 has it worse then any car I have ever seen, center stack completely peeled leaving clear plastic. The whole things glows red at night haha. Painting heavily used plastic with soft rubberized paint just seems like a crap idea.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Sedan RWD
seems like other g35 owners out of Cali have better luck getting door panel, trim, and steering wheel replaced under warranty from their Infiniti dealer.

searching through forum, I have not found one owner had these parts replaced under warranty in Cali. Myself was rejected of course.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That really sucks, I was luck since Sewell did it without trouble.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
How's this for irony?

Just goes to show that it's all up to the dealership, and for the most part out of Nissan Corporate's hands.

http://jalopnik.com/#!5759509/my-aud...-this-free-car

Old 02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
is this not normal wear and tear issue? any pictures? is this issue common?

Old 02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
^ i don't think you have anything to worry, the peeling issue is limited to early 2nd gen G's.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have an 08 and I have no peeling issues. But I don't wear any rings and is very careful in the car. I'm like this with everything I own... I barely have any scratches.. Actually, I don't think I have any....

With that said.. is this really Infiniti's fault? Shrug........

Old 02-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by mrclowny
I have an 08 and I have no peeling issues. But I don't wear any rings and is very careful in the car. I'm like this with everything I own... I barely have any scratches.. Actually, I don't think I have any....

With that said.. is this really Infiniti's fault? Shrug........
Yes, Those are the defective parts and trying to replace under warranty but why they don't recall for these defective parts to help every one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.