G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Unbelievable Experience with Infiniti USA & Infiniti Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unbelievable Experience with Infiniti USA & Infiniti Canada

So as some of you may know from my other posts, I've been on a mission to have the peeling door handle trim and steering wheel replaced under warranty as so many have in the U.S.

Originally, I took my vehicle into Oakville Infiniti here in Canada. My vehicle is an American vehicle which I brought here over the border. I've been doing all of my servicing at this dealership here in Oakville. I report the peeling of the trim, they took pictures, and responded by saying that my ring was causing the damage. How my ring could cause the damage on the steering wheel is absolutely beyond me as it never even touches that area of the steering wheel.

I then decide to contact the Buffalo dealership in the U.S hoping that since I've seen so many U.S dealerships replace these under warranty, I might have some luck. No go. They give me the same B.S answer.

Next, I call Infiniti USA at the recommendation of Dan from the Buffalo dealership to see if they can do anything. I'm told that because I live in Canada and have been having my car serviced out of a Canadian dealership, I need to speak to Infiniti Canada. So they transfer me to Infiniti Canada.

I speak to the girl at Infiniti Canada and I'm told, because I have an American Infiniti vehicle, my car is not on their system and they can't help me - that I should talk to Infiniti U.S.A.

Are you f*cking kidding me?!?!?! Who the hell takes any kind of ownership for ensuring that Infiniti customers are taken care of? Compare this experience to when I previously had a Lexus that had excess brake dust. The dealership, where I did NOT buy the car from, replaced all 4 brake pads and rotors with newer parts at no cost with no questions asked!! Now that's service!

Nevertheless, the girl at Infiniti Canada was able to have her manager escalate this to head office. I'm not holding my breath, but should know by the end of next week whether this will get anywhere.

On a side note, Rick at Riverside Infiniti was amazing. I ordered some parts I needed from him, but for those that are having the same door and steering wheel trim issues, Rick has the part numbers for the newer replacement parts with a harder and more durable finish. It's from the 2009 model year. He's going to be emailing me with the part numbers and once I have them, I will post them here.

That's my experience thus far... not a good one and needless to say, won't be buying another Infiniti any time soon.

PJStyles

Old 02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by PJStyles
So as some of you may know from my other posts, I've been on a mission to have the peeling door handle trim and steering wheel replaced under warranty as so many have in the U.S.

Originally, I took my vehicle into Oakville Infiniti here in Canada. My vehicle is an American vehicle which I brought here over the border. I've been doing all of my servicing at this dealership here in Oakville. I report the peeling of the trim, they took pictures, and responded by saying that my ring was causing the damage. How my ring could cause the damage on the steering wheel is absolutely beyond me as it never even touches that area of the steering wheel.

I then decide to contact the Buffalo dealership in the U.S hoping that since I've seen so many U.S dealerships replace these under warranty, I might have some luck. No go. They give me the same B.S answer.

Next, I call Infiniti USA at the recommendation of Dan from the Buffalo dealership to see if they can do anything. I'm told that because I live in Canada and have been having my car serviced out of a Canadian dealership, I need to speak to Infiniti Canada. So they transfer me to Infiniti Canada.

I speak to the girl at Infiniti Canada and I'm told, because I have an American Infiniti vehicle, my car is not on their system and they can't help me - that I should talk to Infiniti U.S.A.

Are you f*cking kidding me?!?!?! Who the hell takes any kind of ownership for ensuring that Infiniti customers are taken care of? Compare this experience to when I previously had a Lexus that had excess brake dust. The dealership, where I did NOT buy the car from, replaced all 4 brake pads and rotors with newer parts at no cost with no questions asked!! Now that's service!

Nevertheless, the girl at Infiniti Canada was able to have her manager escalate this to head office. I'm not holding my breath, but should know by the end of next week whether this will get anywhere.

On a side note, Rick at Riverside Infiniti was amazing. I ordered some parts I needed from him, but for those that are having the same door and steering wheel trim issues, Rick has the part numbers for the newer replacement parts with a harder and more durable finish. It's from the 2009 model year. He's going to be emailing me with the part numbers and once I have them, I will post them here.

That's my experience thus far... not a good one and needless to say, won't be buying another Infiniti any time soon.

PJStyles
sorry to hear all this b***s**t.

If you want any clarification on the parts that here in USA dealer replaced I can provide his contact info. Please talk to him and see if you get any help.
Those parts are covered under warranty.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Wait, I thought you said this was an unbelievable experience? It is, in fact, so common as to be beyond believable into the realm of fully expected. I thought this as going to be a story of great customer service, now that would be unbelievable!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swivelhips
wait, i thought you said this was an unbelievable experience? It is, in fact, so common as to be beyond believable into the realm of fully expected. I thought this as going to be a story of great customer service, now that would be unbelievable!
qft!

Last edited by stardust; 02-13-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
haha Swivels, but sorry to hear about your problem man

Old 02-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
It's tough to be one person asking for something from a corporation. Your situation does seem a bit unique, but if you stay at it I'm sure you'll get what you want.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
I concur, this is a very BELIEVEABLE experience, happens almost every time I call any call centre, lol...

sorry to hear about your issues, keep at it you might work it out somehow

and don't be naive dude, you gotta understand that it pisses off Inifiniti Canada or any Canadian dealership when you buy a car from across the border, sometimes they will even refuse you service...
you gotta prepare yourself for these things can't just expect everyone to play ball even if they're contractually obligated too, the way things work sometimes isn't fair

Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
seems to be all too familiar, sorry bro. hope this gets worked out for you.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Sorry to hear that but like many said, it seems to be a trend that the infiniti dealerships and corporate is following of not really going the extra mile to satisfy their customers, they are in fact not even willing to stand up and address a problem even when it is their fault(a few exceptional dealerships apart like riverside).

I hope this works out for you, but if not do post the part numbers,pics and review of these newer replacement pieces which are supposed to be harder and more scratch resistant. If they are in fact considerably more durable than 07's then i might chnage out my door pulls else wont bother with it, (btw my steering is holding up fine so far with no issues)

Old 02-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Wait, I thought you said this was an unbelievable experience? It is, in fact, so common as to be beyond believable into the realm of fully expected. I thought this as going to be a story of great customer service, now that would be unbelievable!
^ This.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Ya know with all the customer service issues I've been reading, has anyone thought of contacting the Better Bussiness Bureau BBB? or Consumer reports? I would think calling Infiniti Corp doesn't really help as you're only talking to a desk clerk. I would think if a big corp like (BBB) reports this customer svc issue (or lack of), more may get done. Just a thought. Canada folks, don't know if this applies to you since I'm not sure BBB is over there.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
The problem is that most, if not all, warrantable items are at the discretion of the dealership and not Nissan corporate. This doesn't make it any better for anyone, however. Sorry to hear about your troubles, i've been there numerous times. Thankfully there were big changes at my local dealership and they are *so* much better now. Have you considered another dealership?

Old 02-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by soundmike
The problem is that most, if not all, warrantable items are at the discretion of the dealership and not Nissan corporate. This doesn't make it any better for anyone, however. Sorry to hear about your troubles, i've been there numerous times. Thankfully there were big changes at my local dealership and they are *so* much better now. Have you considered another dealership?
soundmike, you are right. I think you are in Houston and I am also in Houston . I really had very good almost Unbelievably good experience with local dealership.

I am in Houston; I bought my Used 08 G35 in Sept, 2009. I also had interior peeling off due to I used Armor All on interior and steering Wheel. But then I develop other issue with TMPS so I went to Dealer to have TPMS issued fixed (not the interior peeling) during initial inspection of the car the service Coordinator took note of peeling and without me asking him, he wrote up a work order to replace interior panel and Entire steering Wheel, I was jus amazed. I told him I was gonna wait for interior replacement cause its not that bad, he said if I want him not to replace, he will not replace it and I can come back later when it gets worse, he was just trying to save me time and additional trip to dealer ship. I picked up my car 2 days later with New TPMS and Interior Panels and Wheel.

This dealer is near by me so I have always used them for all my warranty issue, Every single time I had good experience. I have yet to try other Dealers in Houston, But i do not see any reason to go to any other dealership.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
If you have read all the other warranty denied stories on here..... it really is not that unbelievable.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Is this a common theme with Infiniti in general? I know when I previously owned my Lexus, I never had any of these issues, even when I had an Audi. Warranty items were always taken care of with no questions asked. It seems with Infiniti, its hit and miss which is extremely frustrating.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
If you have read all the other warranty denied stories on here..... it really is not that unbelievable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.