Track day media Drop. Anyone else track their G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2024 | 04:06 PM
|
Track day media Drop. Anyone else track their G35?

Old 09-29-2024 | 12:32 PM
G35 6MT “Brembo Car”
Sweet man! That is awesome. Looks like a well setup track car.

I’m trying to get mine ready for the track, mainly AutoX and some longer track events, but not a dedicated track car. Was hoping to have it ready for some events this year, but it’s not going to happen. I’ve got another car that I do track events with, but it’s mostly stock.

Old 09-29-2024 | 11:17 PM
|
Originally Posted by HoserG35
Sweet man! That is awesome. Looks like a well setup track car.

I’m trying to get mine ready for the track, mainly AutoX and some longer track events, but not a dedicated track car. Was hoping to have it ready for some events this year, but it’s not going to happen. I’ve got another car that I do track events with, but it’s mostly stock.
That's awesome. What do you have done to your G and what do you have planned for it?

Old 09-30-2024 | 11:56 AM
G35 6MT “Brembo Car”
So far just basic stuff and maintenance. New lightweight flywheel and clutch, all front suspension bushings replaced with poly, poly rack bushings, poly engine and trans mounts. And hoping to soon get all the rear bushings swapped with poly too. Picked up a set of forged wheels. Did the Pathfinder cooling mod. Did a bunch of seem sealing trying to stiffen up the chassis. Been trying to pull off any unused brackets and components to lighten it up.

I still would like to drive it on the street, so trying to balance between street and track is hard lol. I have the interior fully gutted and putting it back together. For now it will have stereo and carpet and stuff. I just want to get the chassis set up properly first. Most of the events around here are shorter, so I haven’t done any oil cooling mods yet, just have the factory cooler and power steering cooler.

The car has been apart a lot lately, so I just want to get it put back together this week so I can at least drive it and hopefully make the last AutoX event of the year. Only have a couple months before it will have to be put away for winter. Lots of stuff I would like to do, but just taking it in steps instead of having the car tore apart forever.

Give us a list of mods on your car. I’m assuming with the plate on it you still street it as well?

Old 09-30-2024 | 08:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by HoserG35
So far just basic stuff and maintenance. New lightweight flywheel and clutch, all front suspension bushings replaced with poly, poly rack bushings, poly engine and trans mounts. And hoping to soon get all the rear bushings swapped with poly too. Picked up a set of forged wheels. Did the Pathfinder cooling mod. Did a bunch of seem sealing trying to stiffen up the chassis. Been trying to pull off any unused brackets and components to lighten it up.

I still would like to drive it on the street, so trying to balance between street and track is hard lol. I have the interior fully gutted and putting it back together. For now it will have stereo and carpet and stuff. I just want to get the chassis set up properly first. Most of the events around here are shorter, so I haven’t done any oil cooling mods yet, just have the factory cooler and power steering cooler.

The car has been apart a lot lately, so I just want to get it put back together this week so I can at least drive it and hopefully make the last AutoX event of the year. Only have a couple months before it will have to be put away for winter. Lots of stuff I would like to do, but just taking it in steps instead of having the car tore apart forever.

Give us a list of mods on your car. I’m assuming with the plate on it you still street it as well?
I do drive it on the street but just more of a weekend/track day car. The interior is gutted for the most part. The stereo, front dash, dash and headliner is still there. AC is also still installed.

How did you do the seem seal and how is it holding up? I'm interested in making the chassis more stiff as well. Was researching either welds or the seem seal.

For the engine just intake and a Stillen exhaust as CA is hard to keep everything CARB legal. I also did a DIY grounding mod (not sure if it actually does anything).

JWT lightweight flywheel and clutch with upgraded clutch line. Idle pulley delete.​​​​​
Solid motor mounts, transmission mount and rear diff mount.
Z1 rear diff brace
Z1 rear subframe bracket
Z1 brake master cylinder bracket
NRG front strut bar

Koyo radiator with their thermostat and Z1 hoses.Setrab oil cooler and power steering cooler from Z1. These kits are awesome btw. No issues installing and kept temps very consistent with no overheating.

BC BR coilovers with Swift springs 12k front 10k rear
SPL front lower control arm bushings
SPL upper control arms up front
SPL camber, traction and spring bucket arms in the rear

Stock Brembo calipers with Z1 2 piece rotors and upgraded lines. Hawk DTC 60 pads front and rear.

Sparco Pro 2000 bucket seats with sliders
OEM seatbelts right now but trying to figure out the best way to put in a roll bar/cage. Bolt in kits seem reasonably safe and economic.

Sparco steering wheel
Works bell hub

Currently have Cosmis 206R 18x11 295 35 18 nt05s in the rear and 18x9.5 with 285 35 18 up front.

I have some Konig 18x11 Hypergrams on the way. Looking to run a square setup all around.

Battleaero front splitter
Fiberglass Mafia rear overfenders
APR GTC 300 with with Singular motorsports endplates

I also just picked up a Garmin Catalyst. Looking forward to seeing how that works and seeing the data it records.

Last edited by sacpbyee; 09-30-2024 at 09:03 PM.