G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08
View Poll Results: Is Infiniti EliteTM Extended Warranty worth it?
Yes
65.38%
No
15.38%
Meah..
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Is Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Sedan RWD
Originally Posted by G35power
My car was purchased brand new, you meen by CPO used but sertified by dealer?

If an used car certified by dealer (with their BS 126pts inspection) that pass inspection, it will get stamped as CPO and offered extended power train warranty (not bumper to bumper)... that is for Infiniti.

So I got this car at the dealer as CPO, called Scottsdale of Infiniti to get Elite extended warranty which they can only offer to CPO car. She said any used car can bring it to dealer and pay inspection fee to get it certified.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK

Here's how it went down...

I called Infiniti today, and some moron told me Infiniti does not sell policies that go out over 100k. Ever. I told her that I have acually seen on my paperwork, a option for 120k but she insisted it is not from Infiniti and there's no way.... wouldn't even let me speak to another person.

So how am I supposed to get a straight answer from these guys?
Originally Posted by dmb4040
There is an option that goes to 120k. I know because I have it. I even have the warranty screen printouts for my car with VIN stating that I'm covered to 120k miles. Whomever told you that was entirely uninformed.
Are these Infiniti's own 'Elite' plans you're talking about here?

If I'm not mistaken, some dealers can sell warranties from other carriers. If Infiniti states that THEY don't offer a warranty for more than 100K miles, I'd believe them. While it may be a fine warranty just the same, I suspect any warranty that went to 120K to be from another carrier and NOT from Infiniti (proper).

Also, feel free to call around to numerous dealerships (ask for finance department) when shopping for an Infiniti Elite warranty; as long as the time/mileage/deductable terms are the same, you at least know you're comparing apples to apples since it's the company's own Elite plan and not some varied, 3rd party version. Also, you can buy it from any dealer across the country; just go for the lowest bidder. I had one all lined up across country for a sweet deal and gave my local dealer one last chance to match it, which they finally did, but I NEVER would have gotten such a good price from them if I hadn't shopped it though. Google is your friend here.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts
G35x
Here are options on Elite contract I purchased.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by treacherous

Here are options on Elite contract I purchased.

[
I must say, that seems pretty definitive that there are indeed 120K plans through Infiniti then.

EDIT: I forgot to mention before, when shopping around for a price, they are a little cheaper as the deductible goes up (obviously), but some dealers will waive the deductible for purchasers who service their car there. So, while it may be a little cheaper elsewhere, check if your local dealer will work it so that you can buy the less expensive (higher deductible) warranty, but not have to pay any deductible if you service your car at their dealership. It can result in some additional savings for you.

Last edited by vqsmile; 03-09-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
G35 Sedan RWD
Went back to check the Elite warranty plan I just purchased. I got the "wrap" plan, which for my yr and mileage, I got another 48 months/60k miles paid for $1,199. not as good as 60month/60k, but I think i paid less..oh well. First warranty I have ever purchased on car or anything else. I really don't think it will pay off but rather a peace of mind.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts
G35x
FYI

• CPO terms are base off of original vehicle warranty start date.

• Pre-owned warranties begin on day of warranty purchase.

In my case the time is more important than the mileage. My coverage should take me out a few weeks shy of 9 years from my original warranty inception date.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can get $0 deductible on a CPO Wrap plan.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
G35 Sedan RWD
yep, CPO terms are based off in service date which i still have about 48 months/60k, i dont drive that much now so the time will be more important to me as well.

Yes, I have $0 deductible CPO wrap plan, it stated on the contract. Just waiting for official warranty card from Infiniti.

the asterisk says "Deductible not available on Certified Pre-Owned "Wrap" plan" - so i think it is trying to say all CPO wrap plan only comes $0 deductible.