G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

going to dealership in the morning, need some info on warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
going to dealership in the morning, need some info on warranty repairs

so basically I am going in to the dealership in the morning because my car shudders 1/10 times when I come to a complete stop.

is this considered a transmission problem? My 08 sedan is certified so that should be covered correct?

also my rubber surrounds on the door are popping out, will they replace this?

lastly, my sun roof surround on the top is cracking, will they replace this and is there a TSB? how should I bring this up

I already got the brake judder, door pulls, and steering wheel replaced, but besides what I posted above, is there any other TSB's out for the 2008 g35 sedan? Just want to get it all done if I can without any hassle.

thanks for your time.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if your car is still under warranty, just ask about those things.

if you have time, search for TSB on these forums, there is a link to a tsb website that you can look up all those tsb's and print them out

Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
http://infinitihelp.com/

This should have all the TSBs

That shudder sounds like a transmission problem as a few others (including myself) have felt it

I am actually headed there on Monday for almost the same issue. I came to a stop at a red light today and the car suddenly lurched forward. I never felt that before and it didn't feel normal. Better safe than sorry! They are going to run diagnostic on the transmission

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 02-25-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 AM
thanks guys, found a lot of good ones i'm going to bring up tomorrow:

ITB10-004a
2007-2010 INFINITI G35 SEDAN AND G37 SEDAN, COUPE, CONVERTIBLE; A/T SHIFTER VINYL BOOT COMING OFF

TITB07-034
2007 INFINITI G35 SEDAN; DOOR WEATHERSTRIP LOOSE
The front or rear door weatherstrip has pulled out or loose a little or a lot

ITB07-032
2005-2008 INFINITI G35 SEDAN AND FX; SUNROOF LID SEAL
The sunroof lid seal is not sealing correctly.

ITB09-038
VARIOUS INFINITI MODELS; SUNROOF WIND NOISE
A wind noise is coming from the sunroof glass area.

one thing that wasn't on there but bother's me to no end is that my driver side tweeter area has an annoying buzzing sound when ever I play a bass heavy song. Would they check out/add insulation for free if there is no TSB?

here is a video I took:

Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 AM
if that judder is not from your brakes, it could be that your tires need balancing. i reported that judder as i was coming to a stop too, and they did the tsb brake fix, and also balanced my tires.

i was hoping they would clean my throttle bodies too, to save me time, since i've read that dirty TB's cause rough acceleration. i guess i'll have to do the TB's myself. there is a great DIY about that on here somewhere...

as for your tweeter rattles, ask them about it. if you are using a factory stereo, they should be willing to at least look at the problem.
g'luck

Old 02-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
if youre still under warranty and you can "replicate" the problem in front of them then they are obligated to check it out under warranty and try to fix it. Should be a quick cheap fix by adding some insulation back there.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:54 PM
just got back guys, here are the results:

*resealed the rubber seals on the doors

*fixed the shifter **** material from coming off.

*found that my driver side subwoofer was faulty so they ordered a new one

*ordered seals for back windows because air came in

*applied an update to car for the idle

what I'm going to bring up when I go back,

- idle update didnt do anything, car still shudders at stop!

- sunroof lining is cracked, and would like to replace it

thanks for all the help guys, good luck to you aswell

Old 02-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by samsizzle
just got back guys, here are the results:

*resealed the rubber seals on the doors

*fixed the shifter **** material from coming off.

*found that my driver side subwoofer was faulty so they ordered a new one

*ordered seals for back windows because air came in

*applied an update to car for the idle

what I'm going to bring up when I go back,

- idle update didnt do anything, car still shudders at stop!

- sunroof lining is cracked, and would like to replace it

thanks for all the help guys, good luck to you aswell
I have no idea about TSB,what are they? Do I need one to fix the issue under warranty?

I have couple of issues but all dealers are not helping under warranty.

I have the same problem sunroof lining is cracked but no luck and the rubber seals on the doors had cuts and coming off and also shift **** peeling off.

Please help how can I get them fixed under warranty.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
go to the infiniti help site and bring those numbers of the TSB fixes to them, they should fix them I would think?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by samsizzle
go to the infiniti help site and bring those numbers of the TSB fixes to them, they should fix them I would think?
I searched the 'TITB07-034' in the forum infinitihelp.com but could not find anything. How to search the above TSB?

Old 02-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Link

Originally Posted by G3507Tech
I searched the 'TITB07-034' in the forum infinitihelp.com but could not find anything. How to search the above TSB?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
Now I can look up all the TSB.Thank you!

Old 02-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
On the idle thing: Ours started "dipping" and causing the shudder after we had the ecu updated last year. Took it back after a few months, but my first request to fix the problem was basically ignored with a "could not duplicate."

The last time I went in, I rode around with the mechanic until it happened, and he said "Yup, that's not normal." (The guy looked like Santa in the off-season, btw.)

They did some diagnostics, didn't like what they were seeing with the ignition timing, and end up replacing both mass air sensors. (BTW, they said they would only do it if I would pay for new air filters, because mine had almost 20k on them and were pretty dirty. $77 later...)

I also got a lecture about using the "right" gasoline. Apparently, around here, Shell isn't good enough, and I should only be buying Chevron or QuikTrip.

Right.

They also said they did the "idle air learn" procedure.

So when I got it back, I found the problem was better, but not gone.

I pulled the throttle bodies, and boy were they black and grungy. Cleaned those well, using the instructions found here, and ran a bottle of Techron through the next tank of gas.

(Also found that the short hose from the crankcase to the air intake, on the drivers side of the engine, was disconnected, so I made sure it was on correctly when I put the TB back. Couldn't tell you if that hose has been off since the last visit over 11k miles ago, or if they did it that day when replacing the mass air sensors.)

I do believe the idle problem is now greatly diminished, if not completely gone.

I suspect it's a combination of clean air filters, clean throttle bodies, and possibly the idle air procedure. As Santa explained, these cars are very finely tuned to be able to get the power they do, as efficiently as they do. Doesn't take much to upset the balance.

Not saying my experience will be the same for everybody, just providing some data points.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:38 PM
^awesome information!! if they cannot fix it, the first thing I will do is clean the throttle bodies. thank you for the informative post

Old 02-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by tbarney
On the idle thing: Ours started "dipping" and causing the shudder after we had the ecu updated last year. Took it back after a few months, but my first request to fix the problem was basically ignored with a "could not duplicate."

The last time I went in, I rode around with the mechanic until it happened, and he said "Yup, that's not normal." (The guy looked like Santa in the off-season, btw.)

They did some diagnostics, didn't like what they were seeing with the ignition timing, and end up replacing both mass air sensors. (BTW, they said they would only do it if I would pay for new air filters, because mine had almost 20k on them and were pretty dirty. $77 later...)

I also got a lecture about using the "right" gasoline. Apparently, around here, Shell isn't good enough, and I should only be buying Chevron or QuikTrip.

Right.

They also said they did the "idle air learn" procedure.

So when I got it back, I found the problem was better, but not gone.

I pulled the throttle bodies, and boy were they black and grungy. Cleaned those well, using the instructions found here, and ran a bottle of Techron through the next tank of gas.

(Also found that the short hose from the crankcase to the air intake, on the drivers side of the engine, was disconnected, so I made sure it was on correctly when I put the TB back. Couldn't tell you if that hose has been off since the last visit over 11k miles ago, or if they did it that day when replacing the mass air sensors.)

I do believe the idle problem is now greatly diminished, if not completely gone.

I suspect it's a combination of clean air filters, clean throttle bodies, and possibly the idle air procedure. As Santa explained, these cars are very finely tuned to be able to get the power they do, as efficiently as they do. Doesn't take much to upset the balance.

Not saying my experience will be the same for everybody, just providing some data points.
Hey tbarney- question for you since we are both in Atlanta. Where do you take your car for service? I bought my car in October and the original warranty is up in a coupe months so I want to have a couple things looked at before then. Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: going to dealership in the morning, need some info on warranty repairs