G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

slight stumble on interstate or at low rpm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slight stumble on interstate or at low rpm

Anyone having any issue with a stumble or stutter for just a split second at low rpm in high gear. Here's the situation...rolling along at 55 or 60 and then add throttle to make a pass and it stumbles then takes off. If I do it again later while driving its not so pronounced. Its got 43,000 and is a 2007 G35 6MT.

Do these cars have selective cylinder firing to improve gas mileage and the stumble is the computer catching up? Ive also seen it at low rpm around town too...35 or 40 mph 4 or 5th gear...same thing....suggestions?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Do these cars have selective cylinder firing to improve gas mileage and the stumble is the computer catching up? Ive also seen it at low rpm around town too...35 or 40 mph 4 or 5th gear...same thing....suggestions?

no these cars dont have selective cylinder firing, my only guess is that the rpm is just too low and the car is not in enough torque band to react quickly, if youre in 5th @ 35 it wont just take off still not quite sure what the problem is though... maybe a better explanation. Does the rpm drop for a split second or something?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nope just like coughs...then goes. The V6 tends to be very torquey so this seems weird. I wonder if the new r2c intake is causing this? I would think not. It's really the only mod on the car besides the video bypass, ipod and sirius intergration box. i guess it will have to go to the dealer to get looked at...hope it does it for them. By teh way went to the dealer the other day for what seemed like a noisy AC compressor and the steering wheel scratches and they did me a favor...they replaced the dash part that encompasses the instrument cluster and told me that it was coming apart. I didn't notice it as the area in question was down on the left but they said they did it and it was covered. Seemed like a nice thing to do. AC compressor still noisy though...he said come back when it gets worse. They did redo the door seals that were loose too.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Seems like a nice dealer! As for the problem, i too have R2C as well as many others so that should not be the issue, however if you started noticing it after the install, then reinstall your stock intakes and try if that changes anything. (i doubt that it will)

I did however try out your scenario by giving the car gas in 5th gear @ 35mph(~2k) and the car reacted promptly without any delay but obviously takes a bit of time to gain speed since i was in high gear, but no stutter.

From the sounds of it, IMO its something to do with the butterfly valve perhaps sticking a bit for a moment and then opening up after. My advice would be to clean out tor TB since you're on 43k following the DIY in the tech section(if you havent done that already). Then i suggest you reset the ECU with the pedal method(search here) or the battery method(will lose preset for seat, radio ect). I did this a while back and fixed my idle issue and actually made the shifting much smoother since the rpm gain and drop seems more linear now. Then come back and tell us if that made any difference.