G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

my new 07 G35S 6-MT Just arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my new 07 G35S 6-MT Just arrived

Here is my new G35s. Arrived on Thursday, fresh off the truck. Way better than I ever expected. Except for 2 minor things that I noticed when it arrived. BTW never test drove or seen before I purchased it. 1) It doesn't have Nav, my fault not the dealers- I just assumed it came with it. And 2) one of the seals in the moon roof is damaged.

Here are my first impressions. Awesome everything feels rock solid and well engineered. Ride is very sporty and very comfortable. Gearbox and clutch engagement are very nice. No clutch issues that I was previously worried about. Power feels great and very fast but strangely I miss my old 3000gt, it was a little rawer experience. I haven't driven a BMW 3 series before and probably a little better off for it. I feel this is a very refined machine and am very pleased with my purchase.

Attached Thumbnails my new 07 G35S 6-MT Just arrived-372452906885_0_1.jpg   my new 07 G35S 6-MT Just arrived-sany1576.jpg   my new 07 G35S 6-MT Just arrived-sany1577.jpg   my new 07 G35S 6-MT Just arrived-sany1579.jpg   my new 07 G35S 6-MT Just arrived-sany1581.jpg  

Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! You will definitely enjoy it everytime you get behind the wheel. After 3+ years into my ownership, I still get excited/anxious getting behind the wheel everyday which has never happened for this long with my previous cars.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Congrats. I would make sure your car had the clutch slave cylinder recall done and I believe the moonroof seal is a tsb also. Read up on all the tsb's and make sure your car doesn't have any problem with them. On my 2007, I have also had my bose amplifier replaced (used to pop from the center channel when starting the car from acc), the steering rack replaced (creaked/popped when turning), and also had the tsb ecu reflash.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:20 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Car looks nice! Your going to love it!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
nice choice you will love it im on my 4 fourth one lol

Old 03-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats on your new purchase

Old 03-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
[QUOTE=mishmosh;5754443]Congrats. On my 2007, I have also had my bose amplifier replaced (used to pop from the center channel when starting the car from acc)

Wait a minute!! Mine does that everytime when starting from ACC, since the car is new to me (5months) I thought that's what its supposed to do. So is this a definite Bose amp issue? How did you figure that out? I will definitely get mine to the dealership to have that replaced since she's under warranty. Hope they do replace it, if not, well it doesn't really bother me, since it only does that from ACC, which I rarely do.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
One more thing, to OP: Congrats and welcome to forum

Old 03-20-2011, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=gtbigup01;5754777]
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Congrats. On my 2007, I have also had my bose amplifier replaced (used to pop from the center channel when starting the car from acc)

Wait a minute!! Mine does that everytime when starting from ACC, since the car is new to me (5months) I thought that's what its supposed to do. So is this a definite Bose amp issue? How did you figure that out? I will definitely get mine to the dealership to have that replaced since she's under warranty. Hope they do replace it, if not, well it doesn't really bother me, since it only does that from ACC, which I rarely do.
Well, since you are relatively new I will cut you some slack! I read about it here. Get it replaced before your warranty expires!!! Sometimes it is a soft pop but sometimes it is pretty loud--was pretty easy to show the dealer and I even told them I read about it in the forum that it was the bose amp. Still they replaced the center speaker before they called Infiniti tech support and then replaced the bose amp--problem solved.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Congrats, but i would never but a car with out test driving it first. Enjoy it.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Congrats. I would make sure your car had the clutch slave cylinder recall done and I believe the moonroof seal is a tsb also. Read up on all the tsb's and make sure your car doesn't have any problem with them. On my 2007, I have also had my bose amplifier replaced (used to pop from the center channel when starting the car from acc), the steering rack replaced (creaked/popped when turning), and also had the tsb ecu reflash.
Do you have the thread for the bose amplifier crack? I tried searching for it just right now and I cannot find it. Mine does the same thing and I have had my car since new and I thought it was normal.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Iilac
Do you have the thread for the bose amplifier crack? I tried searching for it just right now and I cannot find it. Mine does the same thing and I have had my car since new and I thought it was normal.
Sorry, it was so long ago. According to my records, I had mine replaced 06/2008. I noticed it when new too and just ignored it since it was a minor issue but then I saw that someone posted that their bose amp was faulty and had it replaced. My dealer specifically said the corporate tech line recommended it be replaced so I am guessing it is a known issue.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats, a G35S 6 MT really makes the car stand out performance wise and the 6 MT is a rare bird. When I do bring mine to the dealership, the tech always thanks me for letting him work on it and the car runner congratulates me on having a "real car"

Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks awesome and so clean!

You're much braver than I buying a vehicle without seeing or test driving it first, but looks like you made out ok...

Old 03-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to all the members for being so supportive. I think I made a great choice, I love it! I just finished washing, claying and waxing it plus I put alittle Wieman leather cleaner/polish on the seats. So now it's SUPER-CLEAN!

Thanks to all the folks @ Donahoo auto in Alabama where I purchased my new G. They have a great selection of clean luxury cars and no bad dealer experiences. I was very nervous about buying without test driving. But they posted a ton of pics with a carfax and autocheck (by experian). The Autocheck report was most helpful and very thorough by contrast the Carfax report was kind of a joke and not as informative. But both of them came back clean.
Thanks to sites like this, reviews on youtube and the web did all the reviews for me so I knew, in a way what to expect. Plus I subscribe to about 4 different car mags which I referred to. I also sat in Infiniti's, BMW'S, and MERC'S @ carshows and just fell in love with Infiniti's interiors. So in a long about way it was a very big risk, but I think it's one that has paid off : )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my new 07 G35S 6-MT Just arrived