G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Driver's side door won't open!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WxAxGxS
Difficulty: I just wrecked my knee and can't bend it (probably a torn LCL... will find out next week... diagnosed by myself though as the GP I went to was borderline retarded and I've had more than my fair share of torn/avulsed tendons/ligaments)... Makes getting in and out very hard. I couldn't even make it over the console as I'm 6'3" and there's no doing that without a bit of flexibility.
Tell me about it. I had ACL surgery (failed) Dec 2009, and the removal of the graft Jan 2010. Since I just bought this car November 2010 I'm seeing that I miss my Yukon Denali everytime I have to get in my G and bending my knees. I actually have to hold above the door and lower myself in. So with no ACL, my next attempt at surgery is in my near future.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This happened to me 2 months ago, the door lock actuator had gotten jammed, and nothing was working. The outside handle got all floppy as well, I think the cable broke when everything inside got jammed up. It was going to be a real expensive fix (almost 700) but I lucked out and Infiniti covered me since I was only a couple weeks out of warranty and was only 1 week out when I reported it. Also, the replacement lock actuator broke but that was covered under Nissan replacement part warranty. The third one also died but that was a tech error and it lost power so the door still worked you just had to lock and unlock manually.

Same thing happened to my friends Nissan, her replacement also has died and been replaced. It is a common Nissan problem if you poke around. I found the issue reported for Titans, QX56s, FXs, G35s, Muranos, Rogues all over the internet. I am kind surprised there is not a recall b/c if it breaks when you are in the car or in an accident you could get trapped.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^ Not sure how comon this is. I've had 02 Max, 04 Titan, 04 G35, and now this and have never had a door not open, so IDK. Isolated? Sure, comon? Far stretch.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't say it is isolated as I found a lot of complaints online, but yea, when i said common I did not mean it to sound like most Nissans would experience the issue, because most cars wont, its just that it does happen. Also Nissan has issued a TSB for the issue on some models so it is def not isolated.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vdoh8687,

I sent you a PM, can you take a look? Did the dealer take care of this, or did you open a case with Infiniti Consumer Affairs and they gave the approval? I have a similar situation, warranty expired 3/23/11 and hoping for the best.

Originally Posted by vdoh8687
This happened to me 2 months ago, the door lock actuator had gotten jammed, and nothing was working. The outside handle got all floppy as well, I think the cable broke when everything inside got jammed up. It was going to be a real expensive fix (almost 700) but I lucked out and Infiniti covered me since I was only a couple weeks out of warranty and was only 1 week out when I reported it. Also, the replacement lock actuator broke but that was covered under Nissan replacement part warranty. The third one also died but that was a tech error and it lost power so the door still worked you just had to lock and unlock manually.

Same thing happened to my friends Nissan, her replacement also has died and been replaced. It is a common Nissan problem if you poke around. I found the issue reported for Titans, QX56s, FXs, G35s, Muranos, Rogues all over the internet. I am kind surprised there is not a recall b/c if it breaks when you are in the car or in an accident you could get trapped.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Infinity G35 Door Jammed :(

Did anyone ever figure out what caused this problem? I had the exact same problem this morning and followed the same steps and it too magically opened Just wondering if I should expect it to happen again and if I should be getting something fixed Thanks

Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 PM
The actual cause of the door and actuator not working or becoming damaged is due to a manufacturing flaw where when the temperature drops and becomes cold causes the actuator to freeze. Water can also get in a cause issues to the actuator as well. i just recently got my actuator changed at the dealer because i was suffering from this issue for about a year and the door eventually wasn't able to open on either the inside or outside.

Hope this helps

Old 03-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Received 23 Likes on 1 Post
G35x sedan
I've had the same problem when the car gets cold. Particularly when it rains and freezes or I wash the car and it gets cold at night. Get the car warm and the door will open.

Take a can of WD40 and lube the lock mechanism on the door like crazy. About every 6-8 weeks in my car during the winter.

Let me know if you have any other issues...will help if I can...

Old 09-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Keyless/key won't lock car

So my fob doesn't work at all. I've gotten the new battery and replaced it but still doesn't register. Is there some syncing that I have to get done to it? Also, the actual key doesn't turn when I put it in the outside of the door. So it won't unlock or lock. What could that mean? I just got the car yesterday and I can't figure it out. I don't want to always leave the car unlocked. 2007 g35 coupe.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by g35coupe2
So my fob doesn't work at all. I've gotten the new battery and replaced it but still doesn't register. Is there some syncing that I have to get done to it? Also, the actual key doesn't turn when I put it in the outside of the door. So it won't unlock or lock. What could that mean? I just got the car yesterday and I can't figure it out. I don't want to always leave the car unlocked. 2007 g35 coupe.
FYI: You'll get better results if you ask this in the correct (1st gen) forum.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:12 AM
Driver's side door won't open!?

Okay thank you

Old 09-13-2015, 08:22 AM
I had this issue when i first purchased my '08 G35x. The driver side door wouldn't open from the inside or outside. I could hear the lock actuator but it wasn't fully unlocking. I ended up rolling the window all the way down and was able to pull the interior trim of the door out just enough to access the inside lock link rod.

It is possible to loosen the interior trim enough to fix this with the door being closed.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:44 AM
My 2007 G35 won't unlock I can't go through the trunk nothing and i have had to barely even move my ground wire to start my car but now I'm locked out

Old 06-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Received 23 Likes on 1 Post
G35x sedan
Originally Posted by NateG35
My 2007 G35 won't unlock I can't go through the trunk nothing and i have had to barely even move my ground wire to start my car but now I'm locked out
i had something similar happen. First, this ground wire are we talking battery negative (black) wire or are we talking chassis ground? Hopefully it's the battery cable which would make sense to me. If it is the car battery you should have no power. Check key fob battery next. Then we start looking at hard stuff, fuses, chassis ground, etc...Does your g35 have the key slot and a key in your fob? If so release hood and check battery cables...get terminal cleaner and tighten or replace cables if necessary. Once power is back ur good to go. If not keep trouble shooting.

If you can't get in at all and you're sure it's not key fob:
when this happened to me at the golf course in the rain, it was very unnerving. I had to jack my car up and take the splatter covers mostly off inside each wheel well. At least enough to get a screw driver or knife in my case up in and push the locking tab on hood outwards to release it on each side drivers and passenger.

This should release hood so you can check battery and connections, fuses etc.

​​​​​​​good luck!