G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Virgin G35er

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
car looks in great shape and already lightly tinted.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Those pics look nice, those 18" sport wheels are SOOOO much nicer than the 17s, really look perfect on our Gs. Keep us posted on how you're liking it

Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
welcome and congrads you will love it

Old 03-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Those pics look nice, those 18" sport wheels are SOOOO much nicer than the 17s, really look perfect on our Gs. Keep us posted on how you're liking it
Even though the price was higher than I wanted to pay, I did manage to get the dealer to upgrade the original 17's to those sharp 18's, and your right, the 18's just seem to add the right touch.

I looked for some time through national inventory until I found this one, and was surprised that I had to go out of state to get one with everything I wanted, but its actually pretty difficult to find that cherry....

Man I got my fingers crossed that I didnt do something stupid..... lol

Old 03-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and welcome to the club.
I am also a newbie from the Pueblo area. I just received a clean 07' G35S 6-mt with 39,500 mls that I ordered from the internet. I never test drove the vehicle before purchase. But with the help of a lot of dealer pics and a clean Carfax and AUTOCHECK report, helped set my mind @ ease. Plus I did have the factory warranty until 50,OOO and/or May 2011. which is not the best but did help repair the only thing I found wrong with the car when it arrived.(see my most recent post) They delivered it all the way from Alabama to my home and I love it.
My only concerns are RWD in Colorado weather but we get alot fairer weather in Pueblo. Though scenery is not as beautiful! You know what they say,"if you don't like the weather in Colorado, wait 5min or drive 5 miles" Long story short congrats, plus Pueblo Toyota just recieved an 07' G35 AT/NAV with RWD and 75,000mls for 21,500. So I think you got a good deal.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Congrads!
You should have said something on the forum, I live in the area and know some peps at Beaverton. I would've looked and drove it for you.

Hope its a good as they say.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
So, the tide turns.... bummer. I will try and keep this short, because Im pretty bummed and pissed about my whole on-line experience with Beaverton Infinity.
The shippers rolled up in front of my house on thursday, even though I was told it would be delivered on sat-sun... but no big deal, just lucky that I was at home since I want even expecting it.
So Im pretty pumped as I get some shoes on to walk out and see my G up close and live for the first time and instantly my eyes are drawn to the rotors that were deeply scored, this was something that was never even mentioned while in negotiation, and it wouldnt have even been a deal breaker if David B from beaverton Infinity would have pointed that out. So at this point my blood pressure is rising a bit, but Im shaking it off, rotors arent a deal breaker and I can deal with it. Just not reall happy and feeling a little uneasy that I will start finding other issues.
So the "muddy" sedan, uncovered, was lowered off the rack and rolled into my driveway, and I quicly gave here a once over. Good, no rust on the belly, feeling better, outside looks alright, but no way to tell under the caked on mud and dirt and soot from the smoke stack, but atleast everything is straight it seems.
I pop open the door and stick my head in.... here is the deal breaker, and heart breaker..
SMOKE!!!
I made it very very clear to the salesman when I first began communication about a purchase that under no circumstance do I want a vehicle that has been smoked in.
This isnt rocket science here, just stick your head in and take a wiff,, if it smells like smoke, let me know, and we can move to the next in line until we find one that smell smoke free.... was I asking too much here people?
I was clearly a motivated buyer, that was purchasing out of state, and needed honesty first and foremost from the salesman. I was an easy sale, that knew going in that I would be paying extra, but I was OK with that, just be honest about everything and we can get a deal done.
Guess that was asking too much from this dealership.
They wouldnt even answer my calls when I tried to contact them that fateful thursday, but was handed off to another salesman that I found out had just started a week ago...lol
Great way to take care of paying customers.

So at this point the two drivers were extremely inpatient and told me if I wasnt signing they were taking the G back with them, so thats exactly what I told them... Cya G35 , hardly knew ya.

So now the dealership is telling me that they dont have to return my 5K that I ignorantly gave up for a down payment...lol

Ouch,,, thats a heavy ding...

Any advice out there guys and gals,,, I could sure use some. 5K is alot of jack to me, and too expensive of a lesson IMO.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I'd ask to speak with the general manager of the dealership and explain your situation. I would refuse to speak with anyone but the GM. Also, if they haveng cashed your check, I would put a stop payment on it. You could also bring this up with your bank. This was a fraudulent sale and can be disputed.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow being from CO I am sorry to hear that you decided to go this route.. but these are things that car sales guys will typically not tell you. I mean they want the sale... That deal sounded a bit to good to me from the start.
But I figured I could be wrong.

You were quite bold by sending the car back... Wow... You could have always tried a $200 detail and maybe the smoke smell would have gone away..

As far as the $5k you sent them I would ask for receipts on how much the shipping costs were, and if they would split it with you..

If you had anything documented about the smoke smell and your expectations. That would be very helpful right now.

I cant imagine that they can keep your $5k just out of annoyance... They can go after you for the shipping costs but not beyond that.

I would not have sent them money but I am pretty sure they dont have grounds to keep it since you did not want the car.

Did you sign all the paperwork and everything? Loan docs?? Title info? ect.?? But just not sign off on possesion of the car?

Long story short if they are not going to deal with you, I think you need to find a Lawyer and get them to send a letter to the dealer.

Good luck man.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Yes I already got a Lawyer sending a letter of demand to them, and thanks for the replies.
Hopefully this gets resolved soon and I can get back in the mood to start the hunt again.... but this time live and in person.
My on-line adventures are over!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:52 PM
So sorry to hear man, like I said in my first post, I'd be very hesitant to do a sight unseen transaction for that kind of cash. You should be able to find something similar in Colorado, if not they've got some great deals on new ones right now. Really bummin for you since I know you were really looking forward to that car. Keep us posted on what happens. One thing in your favor was it was an Infiniti dealer, Id' keep going up the ladder until your satisfaction w/ the money owed is handled.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Please keep us all in the loop as to how this turns out.

Others are right, hopefully you've got some things in writing prior to signing the paperwork and giving the dealership the DP. Sounds like you've taken the correct first few steps.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear this. Keep us posted, and good luck w/ your continued search.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks to those of you who have remained interested in my story....
just wanted to give you a quick update...
Beaverton has received the letter of demand, and they have 10 days to release my deposit or the next step is legal action.
Hope the letter gets it done and I can end this BS.
I will let you know what their recourse is.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Good luck from one of those interested in your story, and hopefully a good ending

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Virgin G35er