G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Finally got my exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my exhaust

So I posted a thread a little over a month ago asking people's opinions about a comparison of a few exhausts. Well I decided to go with the FI exhaust and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Here is a little back story though to what happened in the process of ordering my exhaust -

So I got into a backup accident that damaged my exhaust pretty extensively requiring a new one to be installed in its place. So I took my car to Radical Motorsports of New Jersey. The head of their service department, Joe, had been taking care of my family's cars whether it be body damage repairs or simple bolt on installs for many years but at a different location, different company and different employees. So I figured I could trust him even at this new place - boy was I wrong.

Day 1 of week 1 - I told Joe to order the exhaust and that I would need the car back by a specific date (about 3-4 weeks from that time) and he said no problem that Tony said the exhaust would take a little under that time to be delivered. Gave him my credit card and he ordered the exhaust. This was my first big mistake, I should've ordered it myself but Joe told me because it was a vendor to vendor transaction that the building and shipment of the exhaust would expedited.

Day 4 of week 1 - I called Joe and asked him to do a few other laundry list of things to the car (oil change, bleed the brakes, etc). I also reminded him of the deadline for my car and asked for a tracking number for the exhaust. He told me everything was ok and he'd send me the tracking number once he received it.

Week 2- Received no emails or calls from Radical Motorsports regarding my exhaust. I assumed they were just busy and they'd take care of everything like I asked.

End of Week 3 - I'm about to head home from school (I go to school out in mid Pennsylvania) in my sister's car so I figured I'd call Radical Motorsports and just confirm everything was still on schedule before I headed home. No one picked up so I left a voicemail.

I then decided to call Tony and get an update directly from him - this was my first time talking to him and I must say he is the nicest guy and will bend over backwards for his customers - that alone justifies the high price of this exhaust. He informed me that THERE WAS NEVER AN ORDER PLACED FOR THE EXHAUST. I got very very heated after hearing that and called Radical Motorsports but ended up talking to another service agent that wasn't supposed to be handling my car and the orders. He was very nice but gave me a bunch of BS and told me Joe would call me back with an explanation.

Apparently Joe ordered the exhaust THAT DAY and never cared to call, email or contact me in anyway to apologize or explain the situation. Tony was very sympathetic and told me he'd expedite everything as fast as he could and get it delivered in two weeks.

mid Week 4 -I was home and decided to stop by the shop, Joe was no where to be found although his truck was sitting right outside. No one could give me an explanation and no one even cared to apologize. I went back to school after this.

End of week 5 - I was about to come home and decided to email Joe. I asked him for an explanation, told him I was upset that I hadn't heard from him and that he didn't keep me updated or even follow up on the order like he was supposed to. No response. I called Tony and he gave me the shipping/tracking number and found out the exhaust was already delivered so I called Radical and told them you guys can't fool me I know you have the exhaust and you guys still havn't contacted me to let me know - I had to contact them. I told them I'm showing up in the morning and if the exhaust isn't installed then I'm getting a tow truck and taking my car out of the shop and disputing all the charges with American Express. This got them into action and they installed it and I finally got my car back that morning. BUT I STILL HAVEN'T HAD ANY CONTACT WITH JOE OR ANYONE ELSE.

Moral of the story - The FI exhaust is simply amazing, the sound is geat the extra power (although minimal) is definitely great as well. Tony is the man, and I thank you (if you read this) for everything you've done for me and I appreciate the time and attention you gave to me and my exhaust. For all of you in the NJ area STAY AWAY FROM RADICAL MOTORSPORTS. I will never go there again.

BTW I'll have pictures up soon once the weather gets better.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Too many shady businesses operating to scam, manipulate, and exploit people nowadays. You should report them to the BBB and make sure this stuff never happens to another person.

In the end, I am glad that you got everything resolved. Tony is a standup guy. I am glad he took care of ya. Now go enjoy that exhaust!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Glad it worked out in the end. One of these day I will get one too. Just need rims first lol

Old 04-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is there any drone while cruising and is it loud while cruising?

Oh and congrats

Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Sound clip! Sound clip! Sound clip!

Take off! Take off! Take off!

Fly by! Fly by! Fly by!

Radical sucks! Radical sucks! Radical sucks!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Rough story man, glad things ended up working out in the end even though you had to do their job for them.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
Seriously!!! No pics or video?!!! Post them up!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by SE-R / GTi-R
is there any drone while cruising and is it loud while cruising?

Oh and congrats
Its still in the break in process I guess so its hard to comment but right now its a tab bit louder while cruising then i expected it would be with minimal drone in certain scenarios (like going uphill slowly). But I don't mind it at all.

Slow take offs have a great burble couple like sound (if you want to quantify the loudness I'd give the coupe a 6 out of 10 and the FI would get a 7 out of 10 with 10 being loudest)....its actually a bit quieter under WOT then i expected but I think thats because of my k&n intake but its still noticeably louder then stock and lot better sounding - very coupe like and very sporty - yet still luxurious.

This is definitely as loud as I could handle - I can't imagine how loud the stillen or ARK must be with the bigger piping.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
The sound will reduce in the next few hundred miles and should be at a level which is about perfect for your liking.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
wow... sorry to hear this

i ll keep in mind when i come back to jersey

glad you had a good experience with FI i will be ordering my exhaust soon

Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tony is the man as always. He knows how to run a busy and keep the customer happy. also My FI exhaust is amazing. recently i was thinking of replacing it, but i decided not too and just get HFC's to make it louder. you cant go wrong with the exhaust

Old 04-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I hate dealing with people. Still have to call the idiots on my car everyday for the past 3 weeks to try and get answers...sorry you had ****ty customer service as well

Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
wow that sucks man but glad u got it installed

Old 04-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm in NJ. Thanks for the heads up about radical

Old 04-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
thats why i try to avoid every possible shop out there, if i can literally not do it myself at all then i do my best to find someone that is very well recommended
glad you at least got your stuff done
by the way ... ordering it and installing it yourself would have taken 1 week...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally got my exhaust