G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Which Ipods work with the G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by nbhms
I just bought an '08 G35x Sedan, and it came with the iPod integration cable. I've had my iPod Classic 80gb plugged in for about 4 hours now. Question is, I'm not really sure if it's charging or not?
My iPod Classic is stored away in the armrest, so I never see the display (to determine if there's an indicator of charging or not). However, it's never died since it's been connected back in May, and I only disconnect it to sync when I add new songs, so I'd say, lightning bolt indicator or not, it's charging.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Not charging

OK, after a 5000km trip over Christmas to visit family, I can confirm it is not charging. Even though the 5th generation should charge natively (per the Infiniti user guide), I bought the Scosche adapter mentioned in other threads here, and tried that, but no change. Borrowed a friend's 160GB iPod Classic that seems to be the agreed on "guaranteed to charge" iPod on these forums, and that one doesn't charge either, with or without the adapter.

So I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go next. I contacted the dealer where I bought it (bought it used from a dealer), and was told "the cable doesn't charge iPods". When I pointed out the page in the user guide were it specifically says it does, the response was "must be a typo". When I then came back with information I'd found on this site and others that it is in fact is not a typo and should be charging, they said they'd "look into it for me", but that was several weeks ago and I'm not holding my breath.

Tried phoning Infiniti Canada customer service to try and get verification from Infiniti themselves that the cable should charge iPods (and which models), just so I'd have some ammunition for dealing with dealerships, but that was an exercise in futility. They obviously spent all their money on making a great car and had none left to buy a dictionary and look up "customer service".

It's not a huge hassle taking it out of the car and charge occasionally (it lasts 20 to 30 hours), but still annoying, and according to the user guide and other things I've read, something I shouldn't have to do. I'd like to just throw it in the armrest and leave it there.

nbhms

Originally Posted by g35xdriver
My iPod Classic is stored away in the armrest, so I never see the display (to determine if there's an indicator of charging or not). However, it's never died since it's been connected back in May, and I only disconnect it to sync when I add new songs, so I'd say, lightning bolt indicator or not, it's charging.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
that's odd. I have an old 80 gig ipod classic, I never charge it. I've taken it out of the car 2-3 times since I got it last year. I just found an old beat up one in CL, since I didn't care out how it looked in the arm rest. I wonder if there is a bent pin in your cable or adapter socket?