Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

What do I need to do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation What do I need to do?

Hi everyone,

So I am all set on which rims I want to get, but now need to come to a conclusion on my drop. I drive a 07 G35x which has put some hurdles in this decision.

There are a few things that are important to me with this drop.
  1. I live in New England and this is my daily driver, I am not taking springs off prior to winter
  2. I want a comfortable ride. I take this car on buisness trips with people that make a lot more money then myself. I don't want the CEO of my company hitting his head or chipping a tooth in my car.
  3. I live in New England and this is my daily driver, I am not taking springs off prior to winter
  4. I want something mild and not slammed. I don't mind a finger or two gap (remember I drive a 07 X- 4x4)

From reading I am between the Tanabe NF120 and the Eibach Pro-Kit. I am leaning towards the Tanabe because of the reviews of a stock like ride and mild drop, but a few of the regulars around here call them garbage and insist on the pro-kit. I've read this post a dozen times and it looks like the saggy rear was fixed with a simple isolator in the rear HERE

Can you guys let me know what would fit me best.. Coils aren't an option at this time and most that I have seen drop more than springs on the highest settings anyways..

I'd appreciate everyone's opinions so I can make a purchase this week.. If there are any Tanabe NF120 users on an X, what do you think of them?

Thanks everyone, I've spent more time reading, searching etc.. on this and need to make a decision so I can be productive with other things in my life.. this stuff is consuming!

Last edited by Christopher112; 05-15-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Tanabe NF120 will give you the milder drop youre hoping for and keep the ride soft.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks- I'm leaning towards the Tanabe, but I've just been steered away by a few of the regulars here saying they are junk.. But I'm just not sure if they if they think they are junk because they don't "slam" the car and make it ride like its on rails.. I'm just trying to cut down the 4x4 look and have it ride like the luxury car I bought.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too feel the same way. Have you looked at IMPUL springs? They seem like the perfect option but it is really hard to get a pair without some extra $$$.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah Impul were one of my first choices, but you can't touch them for under $700 shipped.. I can find the springs for $400ish, but the shipping from Japan jacks them up.. The next comparable option is the Tanabe which I get mixed reviews on..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.