G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Trading in my car..but don't know what to get

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
I know youre about done trying to figure this out but i said this before and not sure if you got it checked out so if youre still willing to get it fixed then get your steering rack and alignment checked out at a seriously high end shop in your area.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
I know youre about done trying to figure this out but i said this before and not sure if you got it checked out so if youre still willing to get it fixed then get your steering rack and alignment checked out at a seriously high end shop in your area.
Dealer had my car for 2 days..looked over entire car from tires..to trans..diff..rack..shocks..axles..u joints ect

Have had 2 alignments done on the car in the past 3 months as well

I have never been so frustraded before...when you know something is wrong..as well as every mechanic that drives the car..yet they can't find it...

Old 07-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
I was looking into G8 GT's but 90% are wayyy overpriced. 24-28K still for an 08

It's so weird too..because when my wheel is turned in either direction on the highway..the vibs almost all go away..but once wheel is strait again..boom..its bad again and its a pulsation...as in 8-10 seconds of vibration..followed by 8-10 seconds of smooth riding..and this pattern goes on until i get below about 60
That sounds almost exactly what my Toyota T100 truck was going through. I had the tires rebalanced at the same shop I bought the tires and still no help. I thought it may be a wheel bearing issue but since it wasn't constant and only around 70mph or more (and JUST like you described, went away when you were turning but came back when driving straight and came on for several seconds and went away for about the same time frame) I had the tires rebalanced at a new tire place w/ the most modern balance machine and PRESTO, the problem almost went away, just a very minor vibration intermittently at 70mph or above. Just picked up a lightly used set of larger tires w/ aluminum rims and now there's absolutely NO vibration at any speed. The previous tires were a cheaper brand, the current set are better Toyos FWIW.
Any chance you could swap out a set of tires & rims from another G on your dealers lot (obviously a used G) that is running smooth and see if your car still has these issues?? I know the tires have been questioned but maybe swapping out different shoes altogether will at least eliminate another possibility.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
That sounds almost exactly what my Toyota T100 truck was going through. I had the tires rebalanced at the same shop I bought the tires and still no help. I thought it may be a wheel bearing issue but since it wasn't constant and only around 70mph or more (and JUST like you described, went away when you were turning but came back when driving straight and came on for several seconds and went away for about the same time frame) I had the tires rebalanced at a new tire place w/ the most modern balance machine and PRESTO, the problem almost went away, just a very minor vibration intermittently at 70mph or above. Just picked up a lightly used set of larger tires w/ aluminum rims and now there's absolutely NO vibration at any speed. The previous tires were a cheaper brand, the current set are better Toyos FWIW.
Any chance you could swap out a set of tires & rims from another G on your dealers lot (obviously a used G) that is running smooth and see if your car still has these issues?? I know the tires have been questioned but maybe swapping out different shoes altogether will at least eliminate another possibility.
Dealer already did that. Same issue.

Have tried 4 diff sets of tires and 3 diff sets of wheels on my car and no change

Old 07-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
i see that you and dealership have checked mostly everything, so im guessing the wheel bearings are fine? just a thought lol

Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Get a quote from carmax to sell your car. I sold my G at Carmax and they gave me a very fair offer - like $4K more that what dealers were offering on a trade. Transaction is super easy - takes about 1 hour and you walk out w/ the check.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Get a quote from carmax to sell your car. I sold my G at Carmax and they gave me a very fair offer - like $4K more that what dealers were offering on a trade. Transaction is super easy - takes about 1 hour and you walk out w/ the check.
None in my area

Old 07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
sounds like it could be bearings if that hasnt been checked.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
You still getting rid of it?!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:52 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I really think you should call Infiniti consumer affairs. Infiniti might buy the car back from you if the dealer can't fix the problem and you are under warranty.

The following users liked this post:
GXXXV X (07-19-2011)
Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I really think you should call Infiniti consumer affairs. Infiniti might buy the car back from you if the dealer can't fix the problem and you are under warranty.
I called them...they are sending a tech out to my dealer to over look my car..lets see if this guy can find it...not holding my breath

Old 07-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Anton I feel for you man, I hope this works out for you bro. :crosses fingers:

Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by LakeShore_Slate
Anton I feel for you man, I hope this works out for you bro. :crosses fingers:
Thanks

This car was just not meant to be. But how should i have known that you know.

Tech might not be able to get out here for 2 weeks. So i am trying not to drive my car when possible...because i talked to the owner of a nissan dealer in my area who golf at my golf course and he said if the tech can't find it. There is a chance Infiniti will buy it back from me since its still under powertrain. But that means i only have 1,100 miles left until 70K

So i am trying to take my moms truck everywhere i can...but its not easy

This may sound stupid..but i still feel like its either in the rack/column or wheels and tires even though they have checked it. If everything in the car is completely perfect..what would cause it to change like this from month to month...hell one tire shop balanced it and it was fine for 3 weeks bout 2 months ago..WTF

It's getting worse as well. I mean it feels like a tire or front end is going to just snap it's that bad and its crazy they can't find it...

Old 07-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your post is an interesting question, though. If I HAD to trade in my G35 and couldn't get another, what would I get?

I'd maybe go for:

1. A used BMW coupe. I feel like the 4-doors are too stuffy. Maybe something like a 2004 M3.
2. A G8.
3. Used Audi.
4. Hyundai Genesis, if I were hard up.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
heh all of those used cars are more expensive to maintain, esp the famous audio oil consumption issues. My friend has an A6 he adds at least a quart a week too
BMW's are sweet under warranty, but out of warranty, man its pricey! At least with the G35/7 you can get the equivalent nissan parts in many cases, from the Z's, max's, and altimas for cheaper.

If RWD sedan is a must, there isn't much out there, except a lexus and bmw. If you go FWD, there are lots of options.

I was seriously considering a (used) mazdaspeed3 or a WRX sport before I got my G, those are pretty solid and very fun. Those IMO would be way more affordable and still fun to drive and mod.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading in my car..but don't know what to get