G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help With My 60k shopping list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Help With My 60k shopping list

I'm coming up on 60k and I'm looking to have my mechanic perform the labor, he just wants me to buy all the fluids. I know what I need for coolant and engine oil. All recommendations welcome. I mainly just need quantity and brands of what I need for the following:
Transmission: drain and refill (possibly flush)
Diff: Front and Rear
Transfer case: drain refill

PS: If there is already something out there for this please post a link. I did a little searching and came up empty handed.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What model do you have?I am guessing an X

I would just do what the manual says for the 60k service

Last edited by MPohio; 09-09-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Sorry, yeah its an 08 X

Old 09-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just took mine to my delear as I just got it and didn't know the history. I really wanted it done right and checked out thoroughly, plus it shows up on carfax and helps resale value
They checked the brake pads(60% left), Serp belt(ok), Power steer/brake fluid(ok), Antifreeze(ok(used a chemical paper test)), both diffs(ok), replaced my ATF, Oil, new blades inserts($15ish) rotate tires and check CPU and other stuff for potential problems. I did get a clean bill of health It came to about $365, but for peace of mind it was worth it.

PS, forgot they also checked Battery and Alt (both just fine). replaced both Key faubs, by the way, even if you only have 1 key faub, per MFG they are suppose to give you two for the recall

Last edited by MPohio; 09-09-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Question,

I have 39.5k miles on my 08x and it is due for the 60k or 48 months maintanence soon. I've looked over the schedule and noticed the only things i need done are the following:

My usual synthetic oil change, tranny fluid replacement*, differential oil replacement, Replace engine coolant/flush system, Replace engine drive belts, Replace transfer case oil (4WD/AWD), and Optional: flush automatic transmission (flush with ATF)*

What does this usually run for if I had all the above work done?

Old 10-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
G35X fluids

[QUOTE=lundy;6106500]I'm coming up on 60k and I'm looking to have my mechanic perform the labor, he just wants me to buy all the fluids. I know what I need for coolant and engine oil. All recommendations welcome. I mainly just need quantity and brands of what I need for the following:

I'm doing my fluids on my '08 G35X. Here is what I am bringing:
16-Qts Nissan Matic S for transmission flush
3 Gallons distilled water followed by 3 Gallons Nissan Long Life Blue 50-50 coolant for flush
2-Qts Nissan Matic D for transfer case drain and refill
3-Qts Mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil for differentials, rear takes 1.6 and front take 1-quart
5-Qt Mobil 1 5-30 extended performance and Fram xtended guard filter

Last edited by stevesg35; 10-27-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I have an 07 journey sedan non-x version... I just had it done by a family friend who is a mechanic.
I talked to infiniti throughout this and they recommended not changing the Transmission gasket, just drain and refill (5 quarts of nissans matic s), had the coolant flushed and refilled with the nissan coolant (green) which turned dark green when mixed with the distilled water. Engine oil obviously, cleaned my gen 3 air filter with the K&n cleaning kit while I was at it. Forgot to mention the differential fluid that was drained and topped with valvoline 80-90. Infiniti did not recommend a particular fluid for the differential just a 80-90. As for the serpentine belt I'm waiting a little longer because I don't see the need for it at the moment because it is still in ok shape. I bought the serpentine belt from ebay (infiniti dealer) for $45 as opposed to $150.
Good luck!

Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a list from the dealership for the 60k service. If you need the list just send me a pm. It comes out to around 1k for the services.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer
I got a list from the dealership for the 60k service. If you need the list just send me a pm. It comes out to around 1k for the services.
The replace/inspection lists are in your Service and Maintenance Guide (just assuming you have one)
Hopefully that $1k price is for the 60k mile Optional Premium Upgrade. Even then, it's pretty expensive.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:45 PM
The 60k Mile Maintainance Schedule that the dealership gave me includes:

Change Engine Oil, Replace drain plug gasket and oil filter
Rotate & Balance all four tires
Check all exterior lights
Replace Air Filter
Repace In-Cabin Micro Filter
Replace Wiper Blades
Replace Engine Drive Belts
Replace Transmission Fluid
Replace Differential Oil
Replace Radiator Hoses
Replace Engine Collant and flush system, replace radiator cap
Check operation of the air conditioning system
Inspect axles and suspension parts, drive shaft boots
Inspect battery fluid levels and terminal condition
Inspect charging and starting systmes
Inspect brake calipers, rotors, and pads
Inspect Exhaust System
Inspect fuel lines and connections
Inspect steering linkage/ shock absorbers and front ball joints
Check differential oil levels
Check the levels of the following systems:
Brake fluid, clutch fluid, engine collant, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, tire pressures and washer fluid.
Road test vehicle and reset trip computer
Wash Exterior of vehicle and vacuum floor mats.

4/6cyl $946.94 8cyl $951.72
CCA $780.98 CCA $851.89

Certain models require speciality filters which can change the price of services.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fram filters = Junk

I have had many bad experieces with fram filters and I will never install one on any car for anyone or any reason. Spend the money(15$ max) and get a good filter. Mobel 1, WIX, NAPA gold, K/N. If you cut a fram apart and compare it to the internals on any of the others I mentioned the filter service area is smaller and cheaply made IMO. Fram filters were good back 10+ years ago before Walmart, fleet farm, and all other discount stores started carrying them. To get into those markets Fram lowered quality so they could lower their prices and undercut the compition. This is not the filter you want to run if you like your car.

[quote=stevesg35;6187010]
Originally Posted by lundy
I'm coming up on 60k and I'm looking to have my mechanic perform the labor, he just wants me to buy all the fluids. I know what I need for coolant and engine oil. All recommendations welcome. I mainly just need quantity and brands of what I need for the following:

I'm doing my fluids on my '08 G35X. Here is what I am bringing:
16-Qts Nissan Matic S for transmission flush
3 Gallons distilled water followed by 3 Gallons Nissan Long Life Blue 50-50 coolant for flush
2-Qts Nissan Matic D for transfer case drain and refill
3-Qts Mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil for differentials, rear takes 1.6 and front take 1-quart
5-Qt Mobil 1 5-30 extended performance and Fram xtended guard filter

Old 11-02-2011, 02:02 PM
^^ That's definitely the Premium* 60k mile cash grab.

This is the regular scheduled 60k maintenance (for schedule 1 and 2)
Replace engine oil and filter
Replace climate controlled seat filter (M45/M35, if so equipped)
Replace engine air filter
Replace in-cabin microfilter
Rotate tires (except G35 Sedan Sport and G37 Coupe Sport)
- Inspect 16 other items

All possible DIY items and one not applicable to G's

In the Guide (in extra tiny print)
* Premium Maintenance is an Infiniti-recommended option; however, owners need not perform such maintenance in order to maintain the warranties which come with their Infiniti. Premium Maintenance may not be available outside the United States, please inquire of your dealer.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by MPohio
I just took mine to my delear as I just got it and didn't know the history. I really wanted it done right and checked out thoroughly, plus it shows up on carfax and helps resale value
They checked the brake pads(60% left), Serp belt(ok), Power steer/brake fluid(ok), Antifreeze(ok(used a chemical paper test)), both diffs(ok), replaced my ATF, Oil, new blades inserts($15ish) rotate tires and check CPU and other stuff for potential problems. I did get a clean bill of health It came to about $365, but for peace of mind it was worth it.

PS, forgot they also checked Battery and Alt (both just fine). replaced both Key faubs, by the way, even if you only have 1 key faub, per MFG they are suppose to give you two for the recall
Just a heads up but all the things they checked for you they should have just replaced. You could have spent $365 and had all those items checked replaced. Nissan dealership will do alot of the services for half off if not more. I did all the work my self but guarantee you I spent less than $365 to flush power steering, clutch fluid, oil change, tranny fluid, diff fluid, belts, new wiper blades, Rear pads. I think with all those things listed I was $175 OTD and did all the labor my self. You could easily find a mechanic to do all those items listed for $150 labor. Next time instead of having them check those items just have them do the work instead. Diff fluid and tranny should be done every 30k-45k if you can afford it for the health of the car.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Do you guys feel it is cheaper going to a Nissan Dealership and having them do the work? I would like to find a mechanic in the Orlando, FL area that works on our vehicles specifically without always having to go to the dealership.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 AM
^ Honestly, it's less expensive to go almost any where but a dealership.
The only times my Infiniti goes to the dealership is when I get my free oil changes or warranty claims. They know this and they still treat me very well.

It's best to find a good mechanic you can trust. Word of mouth is best. This way you have one repair shop for any/every vehicle you drive.
I have had the same mechanic for 16 years. I found them through coworkers that also use them. Depending on the maintenance schedule interval items, my shop charges me 1/3 to 1/2 what the Infiniti dealership wants.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help With My 60k shopping list