G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Berk Test pipe on stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by G3065
yes sir... The adviser at infiniti told me the same thing I read online about all these test pipes... they claim that there is a CEL fix for the 1st gen g sedans but not a 100% assurance that the light will not come on.
My CEL came on after I installed my Megan test pipes, added spark plug nonfoulers to extend the range of the O2 sensor and it still stayed on. After closer examination the O2 sensor looked bad, replaced it, and now no CEL. Try adding in the nonfoulers since you've already replaced the sensor.

The following users liked this post:
G3065 (10-26-2011)
Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey G3065, I have been searching for the resonated TP from Berk but cant find a dealer which has them. Any recommendations? How do they sound with stock exhaust?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Da-G-SpoT
Hey G3065, I have been searching for the resonated TP from Berk but cant find a dealer which has them. Any recommendations? How do they sound with stock exhaust?
How you doing brotha... I ordered the non-resonated berk tp's from Import Parts pro.com and they told me that Berk was sold out of the non-resonated, so they built me a resonated one instead... from what Kyle at IPP said the resonated tp's are not even out yet on the market. Then again you may be able to contact him via e-mail and see if they can get you one built. I don't know if they will be the same price though due to the part I ordered was sold out so they wanted to make it up to me I believe. I posted a video of the tp's on stock exhaust without the ypipe that I just added, it is on the second page of this thread. My opinion: The car did become a little louder upon acceleration but not quite noticeable when your inside the car. Then again I do have the stillen gen 3 cai and upon acceleration it does sound throaty so it wasn't too noticeable for me. I'm strictly a performance guy and of course I wanted sound as well but if I were to re-decide , I would get a full exhaust system and then add the tp's It's worth it because the money that you pay for the parts + installation will add up to a decent exhaust system. Also what I probably did not read from other posts, you can easily damage one of the 02 sensors if not careful and those cost $250 each.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:47 AM
coming back from work ...I barely accelerated for my own enjoyment under a bridge and it caught an e39 m5's attention... As I'm driving normally on the far left I see him fly by me and what do you know radar detects and a cop passes by while he was trying to show that the e60 m5 has not taken his pride lol... I look at him and point back to their being a cop and he just looks away like he saw nothing... I love bimmers but good god their drivers need to chill. Was in a loaner g37 the other day and I ask the 335i next to me what his aftermarket exhaust was and I got the coldest short answer ever. I congratulated him by saying "looks good" and the sucker just says "thanks" with a straight face. Point of this is that the new tone of the exhaust sounds good from what I've been hearing from friends/family and an added bonus of being paid attention to.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:53 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
coming back from work ...I barely accelerated for my own enjoyment under a bridge and it caught an e39 m5's attention... As I'm driving normally on the far left I see him fly by me and what do you know radar detects and a cop passes by while he was trying to show that the e60 m5 has not taken his pride lol... I look at him and point back to their being a cop and he just looks away like he saw nothing... I love bimmers but good god their drivers need to chill. Was in a loaner g37 the other day and I ask the 335i next to me what his aftermarket exhaust was and I got the coldest short answer ever. I congratulated him by saying "looks good" and the sucker just says "thanks" with a straight face. Point of this is that the new tone of the exhaust sounds good from what I've been hearing from friends/family and an added bonus of being paid attention to.
what a bunch of douchebags; can't say they are auto enthusiast if they're gonna act like that. Doubt they can even change their own oil, jackasses. fck them.

The following users liked this post:
G3065 (10-27-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 03:57 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It sounds good but not as deep as I thought it would be; maybe its just yr phone though. sick!

Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by JDMPenn
It sounds good but not as deep as I thought it would be; maybe its just yr phone though. sick!
Thanks buddy... yeah it's definitely the phone it doesn't capture the deepness... Will get some better footage soon.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How you doing brotha... I ordered the non-resonated berk tp's from Import Parts pro.com and they told me that Berk was sold out of the non-resonated, so they built me a resonated one instead... from what Kyle at IPP said the resonated tp's are not even out yet on the market. Then again you may be able to contact him via e-mail and see if they can get you one built. I don't know if they will be the same price though due to the part I ordered was sold out so they wanted to make it up to me I believe. I posted a video of the tp's on stock exhaust without the ypipe that I just added, it is on the second page of this thread. My opinion: The car did become a little louder upon acceleration but not quite noticeable when your inside the car. Then again I do have the stillen gen 3 cai and upon acceleration it does sound throaty so it wasn't too noticeable for me. I'm strictly a performance guy and of course I wanted sound as well but if I were to re-decide , I would get a full exhaust system and then add the tp's It's worth it because the money that you pay for the parts + installation will add up to a decent exhaust system. Also what I probably did not read from other posts, you can easily damage one of the 02 sensors if not careful and those cost $250 each.

You got lucky, they quoted me 350 for the Resonated TP's free shipping. That's more than double the non-res pipes..... Crazy.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Well I went through the vendor's page and found this deal for $310 for the non-resonated and just bought it because I was tired of checking around for a few hours. I guess by what your saying I initially paid too much for the non-resonated tp's. I'm still in the search for a good quality camera that I could attach inside the car too. I'm determined to get an osiris tune and that is it. I'm really curious on the gains of these three parts added all together. (GEN 3, TP's, and Y Pipe).

Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 PM
just another video with the addition of the ypipe on the iphone 4... pardon all the other objects you may see in the bacground, we were renovating the house.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Hey guys,
I figured I would post here instead of opening up a new thread. As you know I added the megan y pipe not too long after the test pipes... and now when I drive around, upon acceleration theres a sound coming from the Y pipe as if there is a screw loose. I checked underneath for a deeper look and what do you know I didn't find anything wrong. Also, I tried setting up the non-foulers on the 02 sensor to not turn the SES light on but was not able to fit as there is a very tight clearance to tighten up the 02 sensor. After a try of doing that I just reconnected the sensor as it was without the nonfoulers and had no SES light for about 70 miles. During the time the light was off I would sill feel hesitation when I would accelerate. I know this is due to the y pipe and would like to know if you guys have this setup? and if there anything I can do to fix this. The rattling noise was not present when the weather was warmer now that it's colder here this issue started right up very conveniently.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man thats one clean *** cat! Lol

Old 12-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by FiveWunOh
Man thats one clean *** cat! Lol
hahah It's probably all those underbody washes.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Well guys after just 3 months of use... The resonated test pipes cracked, noticeable at that. Probably 2-3 inch crack. I'm going to get it re-welded and sell them. I'm going to post the pics to show the crack and sell them. If anyone is interested I can offer you a pretty good price shipped.... I originally got them for $350 which in a way was a good deal to start out with. I was surprised the Megan ypipe was not cracked instead, especially from all the stories heard about Megan products. I doubt that I can return these either.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
motordyne art pipes is the way to go!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Berk Test pipe on stock exhaust