G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Interior LED Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interior LED Conversion

Hey guys. So I've had my G awhile now and I've avoided modding (mainly because of the costs, I don't have much money to through around, I am very frugal and am in college) so far but really want to start doing some things to my G.

I have an 07 G35, Blue Slate. What I've really wanted to do recently is convert the interior lights to LEDs. I've seen some cars on the forums here who have done it, and I've even seen one around my town. If it's done right I think it looks really sharp.

So, any tips on going about this? I've searched hours on the forums and didn't really find what I was looking for.

What I really want is to replace the interior LEDs (overhead, doors, mirrors above front seats, etc.). I don't want anything that is as bright as the sun, just a clean LED look that has white light, not that strong blue I've seen (that looks good, but not for me). Like I said, I don't have too much money to spend; can I get some LEDs to do this at my local Kragen? I've gotten some for my Land Rover there, how do you think it would be for this?

Lastly, I noticed on the new G37s the screen next to the speedo is a blue, the same blue that the screen in my Acura MDX (the MDX one changes blue/orange). Can ours be changed from that ugly orange to the blue? I believe it is an LED behind it that makes it that color.

Thanks to all who can offer insight on any of this!

TL;DR

1) Want to convert inside lights to LED; can I buy these at Kragen?; I have very low budget.

2) Ugly orange color of screen by speedo: can it be changed to the new light blue color in the new G37's? My Acura MDX switches between these two colors.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I think you just need 168 wedge type bulbs. I recently changed all of them except the vanity mirror lights which were some sort of small festoon lights. I also changed the license plate ones which were also 168 type. I bought mine from Amazon, but they turned out to be white with a blue hue instead of pure white which I wanted. Still looks good though. I used 8 total.

The following users liked this post:
Locksmith (11-05-2011)
Old 11-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
^What he said

Old 11-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
I think you just need 168 wedge type bulbs. I recently changed all of them except the vanity mirror lights which were some sort of small festoon lights. I also changed the license plate ones which were also 168 type. I bought mine from Amazon, but they turned out to be white with a blue hue instead of pure white which I wanted. Still looks good though. I used 8 total.
Thanks Mishmosh, I'll check that out, 168 wedge bulbs. How do you feel about the new look the LEDs give? Miles better than standard?

Old 11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
By the way, here's the picture of the orange/blue screen I'm talking about. All that really changed in the G37's was all of the orange was converted to blue. Honestly, I think the orange makes it look outdated. I'm really just wondering if you can change the color of the screen from orange to blue, but if anyone knows about the other parts, that would be great too!

Attached Thumbnails Interior LED Conversion-07_sedan_13.jpg   Interior LED Conversion-2011-infiniti-g37-coupe-speedometer-interior-8-600x400.jpg  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Wow! This is something i want to do for my G

Old 11-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Wow! This is something i want to do for my G
For sure, doesn't it make a huge difference? Are you talking about the LEDs or the change from orange to blue? Either way I think they're both awesome and make a huge difference, I really want to do them.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
It looks so much better as well,

Old 11-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree! How can we change the orange to blue?

Old 11-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by IEMaestro
I agree! How can we change the orange to blue?
Not sure! I know it has something to do with the light/LED behind the screen and I've seen people who have made it different colors before. Also, my Acura MDX has the same screen but it changes between both of the colors; if there's a warning message its that exact orange and if not its normally that exact blue. The Acura is 2007 too. There's definitely a way to do it I just don't know how yet haha. It definitely looks way better though, we'll figure it out!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
i think u would have to take apart the whole cluster apart and mod that,

Old 11-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Someone on my37 swapped their gauge cluster from a 2010 to a 2009. There was no way to change the lcd/led display color without an entire dash swap I think.
http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...d-needles.html

Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmehl
Hey guys. So I've had my G awhile now and I've avoided modding (mainly because of the costs, I don't have much money to through around, I am very frugal and am in college) so far but really want to start doing some things to my G.

I have an 07 G35, Blue Slate. What I've really wanted to do recently is convert the interior lights to LEDs. I've seen some cars on the forums here who have done it, and I've even seen one around my town. If it's done right I think it looks really sharp.

So, any tips on going about this? I've searched hours on the forums and didn't really find what I was looking for.

What I really want is to replace the interior LEDs (overhead, doors, mirrors above front seats, etc.). I don't want anything that is as bright as the sun, just a clean LED look that has white light, not that strong blue I've seen (that looks good, but not for me). Like I said, I don't have too much money to spend; can I get some LEDs to do this at my local Kragen? I've gotten some for my Land Rover there, how do you think it would be for this?

Lastly, I noticed on the new G37s the screen next to the speedo is a blue, the same blue that the screen in my Acura MDX (the MDX one changes blue/orange). Can ours be changed from that ugly orange to the blue? I believe it is an LED behind it that makes it that color.

TL;DR

1) Want to convert inside lights to LED; can I buy these at Kragen?; I have very low budget.

2) Ugly orange color of screen by speedo: can it be changed to the new light blue color in the new G37's? My Acura MDX switches between these two colors.
You're a frugal college student yet you have a G, a Land Rover and an Acura MDX?
Anyways, check the v36 tech area under lighting, someone posted all of the part numbers for the interior lights. And damnit I wish changing the orange to blue on the dash was easier, it looks sooo much better!

Old 07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmehl

TL;DR

As for question 1, I have an 07 (x sedan) and did all the lights in one fell swoop. I ordered the package from diodedynamics. They offer 3 levels of "brightness" and different colors.

I can only speak to the brightest option and white as a color. I absolutely love it.
A couple of notes. since the color is white and not soft white, it appears blueish. Frankly I wasn't really sure how I felt about it at first but have become used to it and as I previously stated, love it. The only area I did (do) not love is the vanity lights. They are pretty bright but, I'm not going back.
Lastly, I haven't replaced the glove box light yet. I recently replaced my in-cabin filter and just didn't feel like breaking into it again so soon.

So: Diodedynamics.com, http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/i...n-led-kit.html
look at the packages. Feel free to ask any questions.

Bob

Last edited by Roggio1; 07-27-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Added a link
Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yea just don't go out this weekend and say for jdm toys led kit i think it was like 120 for the whole interior plus some license plate lights

The following users liked this post:
daniel2288 (08-08-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interior LED Conversion