G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

"VDC off" and "slip" light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Exactly. This was answered just the other day. It's not telling you change your brake fluid. That's just a resullt of the low pads. Yes you can run it for some more the but the car isn't gonna warn you when the pads are screeching. It's gonna warn you now. do what you want but just know your brakes are low.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Ok, so if you are saying IT IS worn (low) pads or (the resulting low) fluid, why then are you mocking him if he is serious ?!!

Since he SHOULD
check his brake fluid, your post makes no sense.

(And again, just because those lights go off doesn't mean you are ready for new pads yet. There's usually still lots of pad life left; just top off the fluid.)
Omg! Stupid iPhone. I meant to quote the guy above him that said it was an electrical problem. Sorry

Old 11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the VDC/SLIP light come on a few times over the last two months. Each time these lights came on, the car would lose all power and stutter if I went above 5-10mph / 2k RPM. I'd have to creep on the shoulder and park on the side of the road. The only way to get the car moving again was to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Each time the lights came on, I had just exited a highway.

I couldn't recreate the problem with the mechanic at first. I thought it was a battery issue. After reading similar posts on the forum, I brought the car into the dealer and suggested they top off the brake fluid. The dealer confirmed that the pads on the car have a lot of life left and I have not noticed any decrease in brake performance (judder, wobble, squeaks, fading).

At first, the dealer tried to blame it on the fact that I have a staggered set of aftermarket rims, but I suggested again they check the brake fluid. It was, in fact, low. They topped it off a few weeks ago and no issues since then.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:30 PM
Infiniti G35 2004 coupe mileage is 155,000. I also have had the slip and VDC lights come on while driving. It happens with cruse control on or off. I topped off the break fluid and replaced the front break pads which were worn. No help. The all cases it happened when the engine was at running temperature, never when its cold. But it was just a hiccup and the engine continued to run. The last time the engine shut off. I pulled over and it started up after a few seconds and I drove home.
This all started when two things happened. First I replaced the oil with Castrol GTX which clings to metal parts longer. Even though its the same viscosity as my normal engine oil now it leaks from the valve covers onto the engine. Turns out the Castro GTX is part synthetic. Around the same time I replaced the radiator. Either one of these things somehow caused the problem or the lights came on from another unrelated problem. Any suggestions?

Last edited by quantum; 06-19-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:43 AM
Infiniti G35 2004 coupe mileage is 155,000. I also have had the slip and VDC lights come on while driving. It happens with cruse control on or off. I topped off the break fluid and replaced the front break pads which were worn. No help. The all cases it happened when the engine was at running temperature, never when its cold. But it was just a hiccup and the engine continued to run. The last time the engine shut off. I pulled over and it started up after a few seconds and I drove home.
This all started when two things happened. First I replaced the oil with Castrol GTX which clings to metal parts longer. Even though its the same viscosity as my normal engine oil now it leaks from the valve covers onto the engine. Turns out the Castro GTX is part synthetic. Around the same time I replaced the radiator. Either one of these things somehow caused the problem or the lights came on from another unrelated problem. Any suggestions?

Old 12-29-2016, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical codes will cause the VDC off and slip light to turn on

i was having a broblem with my fuel system.lean condition bank one and two. One of the code was for ECM send the ABS system a signal for fuel cut off fault. That code will and did turn on my VDC off and slip light on. SnapOn scan tool had me check all the connections on the ABS system then the wiring harness from the ABS to the ECM. So yes an electrical problem will turn on the VDC off an slip light.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
VDC off and Slip light

I have the same issue, but my problem started after replacing the rack & pinion. I had a wheel aligment done and my break fluid is good and so are my brake pads. Lights only come on after driving the car maybe a few feet, then the front drivers tire starts breaking and the slip and vdc off lights come on and car starts driving normal again.

But this happens EVERY time I restart the car.
could it be camshaft sensors?

Last edited by Shincrono; 03-14-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:18 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Originally Posted by Shincrono
I have the same issue, but my problem started after replacing the rack & pinion. I had a wheel aligment done and my break fluid is good and so are my brake pads. Lights only come on after driving the card maybe a few feet, then the front drivers tire starts breaking and the slip and vdc off lights come on and car starts dtiving normal again.

But this happens EVERY time I restart the car.
could it be camshaft sensors?
Camshaft sensors have nothing to do with the SLIP and VDC lights.

Heres the answer to your problem: https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...aring-hub.html

Old 03-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Scorpi0

Camshaft sensors have nothing to do with the SLIP and VDC lights.

Heres the answer to your problem: https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...aring-hub.html
Thanks dude, I just ordered the wheel hub bearing. Hopefully this will work for me as well.
Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:13 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
After you restart the vehicle it will do an ABS self-test the first time you hit 10mph, you will hear the ABS motor run for about 1 second and it sounds like it's detecting an error at that point thinking you are skidding and trying to correct your skid by applying your front driver brakes. Could be the individual wheel sensors, could be the steering angle sensor calibration, could be the yaw sensor. Since it all happened after replacing the rack and pinion I'm betting you need the steering angle recalibrated by the dealership.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
After you restart the vehicle it will do an ABS self-test the first time you hit 10mph, you will hear the ABS motor run for about 1 second and it sounds like it's detecting an error at that point thinking you are skidding and trying to correct your skid by applying your front driver brakes. Could be the individual wheel sensors, could be the steering angle sensor calibration, could be the yaw sensor. Since it all happened after replacing the rack and pinion I'm betting you need the steering angle recalibrated by the dealership.
So it's not the wheel bearing hub?
ugh! and I just ordered it too :/

Old 03-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
I went to autozone to have it computer check They said I may have to take it to the dealer to and have the computer resetted.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:41 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yep, start with the steering angle recalibration. A diagnostic at the Nissan dealership is usually cheaper then randomly throwing parts at a car hoping it fixes the problem.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:35 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
****...sorry for the misleading thread man. I feel like an a$$

Old 03-15-2018, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
****...sorry for the misleading thread man. I feel like an a$$
No biggie dude. I'll just return back the part.
Thanks for the help anyways.

The following users liked this post:
Scorpi0 (03-15-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "VDC off" and "slip" light