G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti IPL ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
If you'd like to achieve "Poser" status, do it.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its not really poser status when thats actually what the car is. Its better that saying its an IPL or S when its really not. It technically is a 350GT skyline. But I mean what ever floats your boat

Old 11-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gay ricers...do don't anything to your badges. People change or debadge turd buckets when they didn't want people to know what they drove. Not sure why people would do it on a nice car like infiniti.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Zomorg3
its not really poser status when thats actually what the car is. Its better that saying its an IPL or S when its really not. It technically is a 350GT skyline. But I mean what ever floats your boat
That was for the OP's IPL badge question, not you

Old 11-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So many people getting so defensive! I think it's a cool idea, you're repping the Infiniti line. Let's be honest, Infiniti doesn't have the "BMW" air to it; we know we bought great cars and that Infinitis are damn nice, but honestly, most people wouldn't immediately see it and think its up to BMW status, if you will.

I say go for it! It's obvious to those who know the cars so you're not trying to pose, and to others they won't give a crap. I like the idea, gives us all a chance to rep the brand and bring people's attention to all Infiniti offers, you know?

I hope I'm saying this right, but hell I say go for it, it'd be cool (and you're right, the badge looks pretty sweet). I wouldn't think anyone who did it was poser.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by mjwalter80
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, that is pretty freaking hilarious. I'd love to meet the guy who did that, hahaha.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmehl
So many people getting so defensive! I think it's a cool idea, you're repping the Infiniti line. Let's be honest, Infiniti doesn't have the "BMW" air to it; we know we bought great cars and that Infinitis are damn nice, but honestly, most people wouldn't immediately see it and think its up to BMW status, if you will.

I say go for it! It's obvious to those who know the cars so you're not trying to pose, and to others they won't give a crap. I like the idea, gives us all a chance to rep the brand and bring people's attention to all Infiniti offers, you know?

I hope I'm saying this right, but hell I say go for it, it'd be cool (and you're right, the badge looks pretty sweet). I wouldn't think anyone who did it was poser.
First off, no one on here is getting defensive. Offensive, maybe, but certainly not defensive. Perhaps you should look up what it means. The OP asked for opinions, and he's getting them. In this case, the only one that could get defensive is the OP, and he hasn't.

Also, saying you're doing it to "rep it" is incredibly lame. You're still being a poser, pretending to have something you don't. If you wanted to place a giant Mt. Fuji window decal on your rear window, that'd "rep the brand." Not something I'd do, but truer to your "cause."

Old 11-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jayhawk815
First off, no one on here is getting defensive. Offensive, maybe, but certainly not defensive. Perhaps you should look up what it means. The OP asked for opinions, and he's getting them. In this case, the only one that could get defensive is the OP, and he hasn't.

Also, saying you're doing it to "rep it" is incredibly lame. You're still being a poser, pretending to have something you don't. If you wanted to place a giant Mt. Fuji window decal on your rear window, that'd "rep the brand." Not something I'd do, but truer to your "cause."
Defensive: "excessively concerned with guarding against the real or imagined threat of criticism, injury to one's ego, or exposure of one's shortcomings."

Here's the link so that YOU should look up what it means. Its #5 of the first definition.

I'd say its safe to say you are guarding against injury to your ego or your shortcomings because you don't have an IPL. You're sounding like the type who would talk him down and call him a poser to your friends if you parked next to it and he had done it to his car to guard against the threat of injury to your ego.

Nice try with the dictionary jab though, champ.

Last edited by tsmehl; 11-29-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to insert link.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Because the IPL isnt offered in a sedan, if the OP mounts it he is a poser.

/thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
LOLs at some of the responses...

There are a few threads about this already but I'll stick to this...I like the look of the IPL badge...and if you've modified your car pretty much AT ALL, you're on par with, or exceeding the performance bump of the "real IPL"

Yes misbadging is meh...but until the IPL is as iconic as say an M or AMG in terms of what they've done to the car, I think it's appropriate. In the end it's your car..and after much thought, I stuck with Nismo badge in the gialla grill and no badging anywhere else on the outside of the car...plus it's fun, I watched 3 people walk around the G yesterday to find out what it was...only to be greeted with a clean **** and no clues

Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayhawk815
This is simple, NO! It makes you nothing more than a poser. You have a nice car, don't denigrate it and try to make it something it isn't. Anyone that is actually familiar with IPL will know it's a phony and any who isn't familiar won't care. Who are you hoping to impress? Some chick asking what the IPL badge means? Are you then going to lie about it? Seems kind of pathetic to me. Either leave your badges as is, or debadge.
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
If you'd like to achieve "Poser" status, do it.
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
Because the IPL isnt offered in a sedan, if the OP mounts it he is a poser.

/thread
all of the above

Old 11-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by chinkychoy
would you stick an m badge on any bmw?
^ +1

Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Accord 745 !!! Too F-ing Funny

No matter how nice a car is...SOMEONE will always find a way to "F" it up

But Seriously thou bro...

UNLESS you have some serious IPL upgrades done to your G (IPL wheels, Interior, motor etc) I wouldn't do it.

I got some IPL wheels on my G35s...maybe I can get away with it...lol

Last edited by N-Beyond; 11-29-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mjwalter80
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti IPL ?