G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti IPL ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by drivethefive
wow...
Yeah, but the saddest part is that it's now probably the most reliable 745 EVER built !

The following users liked this post:
harp00n (12-01-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All i gotta say is : WOW !!! lol. Gotta thank everyone for thier responses (positive and Negative). This is why i joined the forum! so i can get both sides of the story. As for My V36, It's all debadged except for the Mt.Fugi and the midnight grill. Maybe i should go with a nice decal of Calvin taking a leak on a BMW logo? Thanks fellow G's for the 411 !

Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by N-Beyond
Accord 745 !!! Too F-ing Funny

No matter how nice a car is...SOMEONE will always find a way to "F" it up

But Seriously thou bro...

UNLESS you have some serious IPL upgrades done to your G (IPL wheels, Interior, motor etc) I wouldn't do it.

I got some IPL wheels on my G35s...maybe I can get away with it...lol
How do they look? Any picks? I'm replacing my wheels this Christmas and am trying to find a set of 19s or 20s that look good with Blue Slate. As of yet I'm thinking either the M35/M45 wheels (split 5 spoke 19s) or the G37s 19s.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mlopez
Gay ricers...do don't anything to your badges. People change or debadge turd buckets when they didn't want people to know what they drove. Not sure why people would do it on a nice car like infiniti.
because 1. it looks cleaner without badges and emblems
2. its not like its some special car that should be seen as some kind of status symbol. As clarkson said, "Infiniti, you know, its a Datsun with some velvet inside...." Infiniti used to be a car company only for north america, then it moved to the UK and spread. They did it purely for marketing and it works. Everywhere else in the world the same cars are sold as Nissans. who cars what it says on the trunk. It's not a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley, etc. Also if I had an exotic car I would prefer it to have little to no badging on it as well. Face it, its a Nissan.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Yeah, but the saddest part is that it's now probably the most reliable 745 EVER built !

Old 11-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, at least you aint slapping a vtec badge on there...

Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 AM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
but...i haz tuuu vtec!

Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
That was for the OP's IPL badge question, not you

Oh i am sorry my friend I agree to the point of yea its not an IPL, but besides the rims, I wouldn't buy an IPL. There is really nothing different besides some comfort features that make it any different. I was hoping there was gonna be some type of FI, but it looks like we are gonna have to wait. It makes more sense to buy an S or even a regular one, CAI/CBE and it will be pretty much like an IPL with some nice rims and you might come in still cheaper than an IPL

Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmehl
Defensive: "excessively concerned with guarding against the real or imagined threat of criticism, injury to one's ego, or exposure of one's shortcomings."

Here's the link so that YOU should look up what it means. Its #5 of the first definition.

I'd say its safe to say you are guarding against injury to your ego or your shortcomings because you don't have an IPL. You're sounding like the type who would talk him down and call him a poser to your friends if you parked next to it and he had done it to his car to guard against the threat of injury to your ego.

Nice try with the dictionary jab though, champ.
You have the ability to copy and paste and link the definition but unfortunately lack the ability to really comprehend it. I, and many others, offered a critical opinion. Opinions that were solicited, not out of defense. You seem to have difficulty comprehending this simple concept. Nice attempt at trying to save face, pathetically attempting to apply it to me.

In regards to the IPL, what exactly is there for me to be jealous of? And yes, I generally do get a chuckle when anyone tries to pretend their car is something it is not. I don't have much respect for phony people.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UCIMAplaya2
because 1. it looks cleaner without badges and emblems
2. its not like its some special car that should be seen as some kind of status symbol. As clarkson said, "Infiniti, you know, its a Datsun with some velvet inside...." Infiniti used to be a car company only for north america, then it moved to the UK and spread. They did it purely for marketing and it works. Everywhere else in the world the same cars are sold as Nissans. who cars what it says on the trunk. It's not a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley, etc. Also if I had an exotic car I would prefer it to have little to no badging on it as well. Face it, its a Nissan.
It may not be an exotic car but it is a nice car even if it called Nissan somewhere else. Just like a gtr is really nice even if its a Nissan. Obviously you must think its special otherwise u wouldn't be on here. Debadging a nice car in my opinion makes the car look cheap. Gives it a generic look.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't put an IPL badge on a non IPL G...its just weird man. Besides IPL doesn't mean your car is much better than the regular G37.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmehl
How do they look? Any picks? I'm replacing my wheels this Christmas and am trying to find a set of 19s or 20s that look good with Blue Slate. As of yet I'm thinking either the M35/M45 wheels (split 5 spoke 19s) or the G37s 19s.
Click on the LINK BELOW to view my G35s Sedan with IPL wheels...

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...pl-wheels.html

MORE PICs

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/394675...sport-sedan-4d

Last edited by N-Beyond; 11-30-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Maybe time for me to put the G20 on mine to buck the trend.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If you feel your car is from Infiniti's performance line of vehicles (and they are pretty much all performance vehicles), go for it. If you think it suits your car, go for it. If no one else in the world likes it, they don't have to see it everyday. You're the one who gets to go out to your car everyday and see the IPL badge thinking "damn that looks sexy!"

But if it comes down to the IPL badge and Calvin peeing on the BMW logo, I'd stick with the IPL badge.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Years ago, my buddy had a real nice '63 Impala SS convertible with the lowly 283 V-8. It had the little "V'' emblem on the fender and he put the crossed flags to make it appear that it was a 327 engine. He thought it was cool.I thought it was bogus but never told him. And all the guys on the Parkway thought that it was a pretty doggy 327 instead of a pretty quick 283.

If you're gonna wear a mask, remember that people will look at you in a different light when you take it off.

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti IPL ?