G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Modding has begun

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Modding has begun

Hey guys,

Just thought I should start a new thread for the mods on my G so far.

last weekend I got the HID fog lights put in and yesterday I picked up my non sports lip and installed it (only took 20 mins ) it looks awesome and I am very happy with it below are the before and afters. Also I will be tinting it tomorrow so I will toss some more pics up when I get a chance.

Modding has begun-before-lip.jpg

Modding has begun-after-lip.jpg

Modding has begun-comic-book.jpg

Old 03-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
nice congrats!

whats next?

Old 03-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by ericks_G
nice congrats!

whats next?
thanks man, next are tints tomorrow, then I would like to get the RWD rear sway bar. The I will be saving money for suspension. Going to be getting some coilovers, just not sure which kind yet or how much I want to spend.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ive got an 05' and only the low beams are HID. To make the fog lights, and high beams HID do i need an entire HID kit or can i just change my bulbs? i tried asking this question on another thread and nobody wanted to help only insult me. So please help

Old 03-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by jgitt
ive got an 05' and only the low beams are HID. To make the fog lights, and high beams HID do i need an entire HID kit or can i just change my bulbs? i tried asking this question on another thread and nobody wanted to help only insult me. So please help
That's not cool man, well I have no problem helping. In order to get the fog lights HID you will have to buy the whole kit with bulbs included and either put them on yourself or have a shop do it. I did not have much time so I took it to a shop, 200 for kit and installation. Hope this helps feel free to ask anything you like and I can do my best to answer it for you good luck

Old 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Awesome thank you so much! ive been reading around and from what ive learned i need a bi-xenon kit? for my fogs, and highs? And also i kinda wanna do 6000k because they have a little blue in them but not alot. Could i change my stock low beam HID to a 6000k bulb without a kit for it to, and get a bi-xenon 6000k kit for fogs and lows? Im not to familiar with HID but i am learning. Does that sound right? i dont want to have different colored lights

Old 03-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Awesome thank you so much! ive been reading around and from what ive learned i need a bi-xenon kit? for my fogs, and highs? And also i kinda wanna do 6000k because they have a little blue in them but not alot. Could i change my stock low beam HID to a 6000k bulb without a kit for it to, and get a bi-xenon 6000k kit for fogs and lows? Im not to familiar with HID but i am learning. Does that sound right? i dont want to have different colored lights
Yea, I didnt get the hi beam HID's. truthfully with the headlights and the fogs i dont think i need much more light. So from what I was told the factory low beams are 4500K I did get 6K for my fogs and the colors are different, I may switch my low beams to 6K also to match. You can get the HID bulbs only for the low beams but again I dont know about the high beams.

The following users liked this post:
jgitt (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
A "bi-xenon" HID projector has a low beam and a high beam in the same housing. When you turn on your high beam or flick the stalk, a solenoid in the HID housing moves a metal shield up/down, thereby removing what you see as the nice HID cut off line and allowing light to shine fully out the projector.

The HID bulb itself is just a regular bulb, the projector takes care of all the work

Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
Your oem HID projector is a "bi-xenon," meaning it has a low beam and a high beam in the same housing. When you turn on your high beam or flick the stalk, a solenoid in the HID housing moves a metal shield up/down, thereby removing what you see as the nice HID cut off line and allowing light to shine fully out the projector.

The HID bulb itself is just a regular bulb, the projector takes care of all the work

NIce, thanks man good to know. I actually havent even put on my high beams yet to know what they look like.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the info! I think ima go with a 6000k HID bi-xenon for fog/high, and a 6000k bulb for the low beams. Should look clean with some led side markers

Old 03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the info! I think ima go with a 6000k HID bulb for low/high, and a 6000k aftermarket HID kit for the fog beams. Should look clean with some led side markers
Fixt it for you.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Looking good so far. Tint should look nice

Old 03-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Here is a bixenon projector, see the solenoid assembly on the bottom of the housing? That's what moves the shield to differentiate between your "high" and "low" beam:

Your fog light is essentially a "low" beam (or a "high" beam, either way), so you're simply buying an aftermarket kit that includes a generic HID bulb, wiring harness, and ballasts. That's it, nothing "moves" and there is no low/high for the fog light.

The following users liked this post:
jgitt (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Looking good so far. Tint should look nice
Yea I cant wait, that was actually suppose to be my first mod but never got to it. three mods in three weeks of owning the car win

Old 03-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
lip looks good, mine has been sitting in the basement for three months now, it's going on this weekend finally! Thought about painting your headlights or your grille? It would compliment the lip nicely...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modding has begun