G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help, TPMS, OEM 2007 G35x Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
I didn't read the whole thread, but has anyone suggested just swapping the two front wheels, side-for-side, in case you mixed them up when you pulled them off?

I thought the sensors were position sensitive, so that if you removed them and rotated them, WITHOUT a reset, then they'd kick off the light.
Yea thanks for the suggestion , there was no way I mixed em up as I kept one on one side as the other on the other side. The DIY tpms reset did not work after several attempts . Off to the stealership on Monday it is ... (elite warranty w/ 100$ deductible)

Old 07-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Yeah I always do my own rotations and I never pay attention to the sensors. Good luck at the dealership. I have never had a bad experience at my dealership.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunnnnzzz
So I took my two front wheels off the other day to install my 6k bulbs for my headlights. I drove fine for a little, and about 20 miles later (after) the install, the TPMS flashes for a good minute, and THEN stays solid. Did I do something wrong in taking off the wheels? Before I run to the dealership I wanted to see what you guys had to say about OEM wheels/TPMS issues.
Here's a thought:

Is it possible that your TPMS valve stems ran out of battery? If so, just replace them and they're cheap. When was the last time you changed the TPMS valve stems? Usually, when you replace tires, you're also supposed to replace the TPMS valve stems so the battery doesn't die. If you haven't changed valve stems since you bought the car, the battery in each TPMS valve stem might be dead right about now.

I believe I read somewhere that TPMS light flashing means that it lost signal to the TPMS module in each tire, which probably means that the battery died in the TPMS valve stem. I think they're actually very expensive to replace. I think even the manual states that flashing means the system isn't functioning properly.

Btw, warranty doesn't cover this, because TPMS stem valves are a wear and tear item.

This thread should help: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...w-battery.html

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-06-2012 at 01:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
luger303 (07-07-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Here's a thought:

Is it possible that your TPMS valve stems ran out of battery? If so, just replace them and they're cheap. When was the last time you changed the TPMS valve stems? Usually, when you replace tires, you're also supposed to replace the TPMS valve stems so the battery doesn't die. If you haven't changed valve stems since you bought the car, the battery in each TPMS valve stem might be dead right about now.

I believe I read somewhere that TPMS light flashing means that it lost signal to the TPMS module in each tire, which probably means that the battery died in the TPMS valve stem. I think they're actually very expensive to replace. I think even the manual states that flashing means the system isn't functioning properly.

Btw, warranty doesn't cover this, because TPMS stem valves are a wear and tear item.

thank you, I will take a look into it, just kinda weird how the battery all of a sudden dies after I happen to take off the two front wheels and put them back on ya think?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Here's a thought:

weird but my infiniti dealer said my elite warranty will cover it

Old 07-06-2012, 09:06 AM
weird but my infiniti dealer said my elite warranty will cover it
Interesting, if that's true. Batteries are a wear and tear item and if it failed due to battery drain, I don't see how they would cover it.

If they do cover it then, you're lucky. The other thread said it was $200 per wheel to fix it at the dealer, and the battery in the sensors usually last about 5-7 years.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Interesting, if that's true. Batteries are a wear and tear item and if it failed due to battery drain, I don't see how they would cover it.

If they do cover it then, you're lucky. The other thread said it was $200 per wheel to fix it, and the battery in the sensors usually last about 5-7 years.
dammit... I just got my G october of last year, maybe thats why these sensors are dead maybe... but ill keep u posted on what the dealership does..

Old 07-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Here's a thought:

Are you referring to the TPMS battery? It's a sealed unit and the battery cannot be replaced. Or are you saying there is a battery in the valve stem too?

Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 AM
dammit... I just got my G october of last year, maybe thats why these sensors are dead maybe... but ill keep u posted on what the dealership does..
If the dealer won't cover them under warranty, you can always purchase from Amazon for $35 each and then have your local mechanic install them for you.

Amazon Amazon

It'll come out to much cheaper than $800 for all 4 of them.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 AM
If the dealer won't cover them under warranty, you can always purchase from Amazon for $35 each and then have your local mechanic install them for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Electro...2008&carId=005

It'll come out to much cheaper than $800 for all 4 of them.
thanks man ill take a look at the options. Appointment is on Monday..

Old 07-06-2012, 09:55 AM
thanks man ill take a look at the options. Appointment is on Monday..
Oh, and if you want, you can also do this yourself if you don't want to go to the stealership.

http://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-in...-for-free.html

It tells you how to reset the TPMS light and confirm which wheel has the TPMS sensor problem.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Oh, and if you want, you can also do this yourself if you don't want to go to the stealership.

http://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-in...-for-free.html

It tells you how to reset the TPMS light and confirm which wheel has the TPMS sensor problem.
thanks, tried the DIY reset, and got it to constantly blink, started the car up, drove around for 10 mins at 25ish mph and it just stayed solid. Makes me believe one of em is bad, and ill just let the dealership diagnose it, they don't perform work without calling me first and I have good experiences at my dealership...

Old 07-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
Tire Pressure Sensor is shown as being covered by Elite.

Item: 40700 under "Road Wheels"

http://www.eliteprotectionplan.com/p...klet-small.pdf
wow, thanks for looking that up.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:54 PM
wow, thanks for looking that up.
What's the deductible you have to pay?

Old 07-06-2012, 04:23 PM
What's the deductible you have to pay?
100 bucks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help, TPMS, OEM 2007 G35x Wheels