G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help, TPMS, OEM 2007 G35x Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, TPMS, OEM 2007 G35x Wheels

So I took my two front wheels off the other day to install my 6k bulbs for my headlights. I drove fine for a little, and about 20 miles later (after) the install, the TPMS flashes for a good minute, and THEN stays solid. Did I do something wrong in taking off the wheels? Before I run to the dealership I wanted to see what you guys had to say about OEM wheels/TPMS issues.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
It could be unrelated. Taking the wheels off and putting them on wouldn't change anything.
Have you checked all you tires for pressure?
The only other thing I can think of is your TPMS batteries could be getting low which means you need new TPMS. The batteries are not replaceable

Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
It could be unrelated. Taking the wheels off and putting them on wouldn't change anything.
The only other thing I can think of is your TPMS batteries could be getting low which means you need new TPMS. The batteries are not replaceable
I have, Tire Pressure is all 33-34 all around, as it was before taking the wheels off and putting them back on. No leaks whatsoever, thats why I was wondering, these are the same exact oem wheels that prior to the install did not throw any TPMS lights. Nissan TPMS is stupid lol... , and I dont see how the battery can go bad right after I take em off and put em on right?........ I think I will try to DIY TPMS reset..

Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a similar but slightly different problem. When I had new front tires mounted my TPMS started acting up after leaving firestone. I took it back and all it was was the TPMS needing to be reset, they said it happens a lot when wheels are removed, all they had to do was take the remote for them and manually reset the them. Free of charge because it was firestones mistake for not doing it originally but i can't imagine it being pricey, literally less than a minute to fix

Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by MCinMT
I had a similar but slightly different problem. When I had new front tires mounted my TPMS started acting up after leaving firestone. I took it back and all it was was the TPMS needing to be reset, they said it happens a lot when wheels are removed, all they had to do was take the remote for them and manually reset the them. Free of charge because it was firestones mistake for not doing it originally but i can't imagine it being pricey, literally less than a minute to fix
eh... stealership will charge an arm and leg for just a "reset" I bet.... And I think they'd lie and say they placed sensors (to charge you for em) when all it was was a simple reset..

Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Gunnnnzzz
eh... stealership will charge an arm and leg for just a "reset" I bet.... And I think they'd lie and say they placed sensors (to charge you for em) when all it was was a simple reset..
i suggest just going to a firestone (or similar establishment) and tell them that all you need is a reset, probably much cheaper

Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 AM
i suggest just going to a firestone (or similar establishment) and tell them that all you need is a reset, probably much cheaper
awesome, thanks for the suggestion.... so basically any tire shop would have this?...... Im hoping, the DIY doesnt seem to be that much of a pain, only the part of adjusting all four tires to four different PSI levels..

Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 AM
awesome, thanks for the suggestion.... so basically any tire shop would have this?...... Im hoping, the DIY doesnt seem to be that much of a pain, only the part of adjusting all four tires to four different PSI levels..
not a problem they should, all it is is this little remote code reader looking deal, i'm pretty sure a DIY is possible but you would need to rent the remote

Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
not a problem they should, all it is is this little remote code reader looking deal, i'm pretty sure a DIY is possible but you would need to rent the remote
theres a diy involving a speaker wire or paperclip that plugs into a TPMS female connector apparently in the harness somewhere.... its just Tedious work lol... I called the dealership (have warranty still a 100 bucks deductible though) I will ask them about resetting it first. I guess I'll just try to DIY first. I can't live with any abnormal lights on the dashboard! thats just me tho..

Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I agree with the light thing, i can't stand them. Good luck, hopefully won't cost $100 lol that's just a ludicrous price for something so simple...

Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I agree with the light thing, i can't stand them. Good luck, hopefully won't cost $100 lol that's just a ludicrous price for something so simple...
thanks for the GL, Ill need it, stupid TPMS haha

Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Would disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it reset the TPMS also?... Didn't try this yet

Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
So I took my two front wheels off the other day to install my 6k bulbs for my headlights. I drove fine for a little, and about 20 miles later (after) the install, the TPMS flashes for a good minute, and THEN stays solid. Did I do something wrong in taking off the wheels? Before I run to the dealership I wanted to see what you guys had to say about OEM wheels/TPMS issues.
I didn't read the whole thread, but has anyone suggested just swapping the two front wheels, side-for-side, in case you mixed them up when you pulled them off?

I thought the sensors were position sensitive, so that if you removed them and rotated them, WITHOUT a reset, then they'd kick off the light.

Last edited by vqsmile; 07-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
I thought the sensors were position sensitive, so that if you removed them and rotated them, WITHOUT a reset, then they'd kick off the light.
I change my own wheels all the time (summer/winter) and have never concerned myself with anything like that. When I had my 07 G35X I also rotated my own tires (front/back) and the TPMS light never needed resetting.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
I change my own wheels all the time (summer/winter) and have never concerned myself with anything like that. When I had my 07 G35X I also rotated my own tires (front/back) and the TPMS light never needed resetting.
mmkay, that's good to know. I've never rotated mine since I'm staggered, but I thought I remembered a service writer at Infiniti mentioning it one time when I was in for some warranty work (and he offered to sell me some tires too, you know . . . since dealerships offer such good deals on tires! ); figures that he was FOS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help, TPMS, OEM 2007 G35x Wheels