G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Center Console Screen Repair Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Center Console Screen Repair Question

Hey Guys. I own a beautiful 08 Infiniti G35 Sedan and I have the center console without touch screen. I have noticed I have quite a few scratches on the display which isnt navigation and was wondering if anybody knows how to remove the scratches. They seem to be surface scratches in the plastic screen. I have used plasticX which got rid of the cloud of fine scratches on the screen but the defined ones wont disappear. I also have used Novus plastic polish and now I seem to have more scratches then when i started with. Anybody know of what products to use to get rid of the scratches or anybody in the Central Florida Area that would work on my display. Thanks. Infiniti wants an arm and a leg to replace the display.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
if they are really fine scratches meaning they only illuminate when really srutinized at an angle shoot for one of the screen protectors sold here and with that added layer you'll prob not see the scratches anymore

Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You see them. They are surface scratches that need to be polished out. The very fine cloudy scratches from using Novus I was able to get out with PlasticX. But now I have alot more scratches to work on. So I dont know anybody here in the Central Florida area that would work on my display. All i have is infiniti saying that i need to replace the unit and it cost over 1k.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:06 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Do you have any pictures so we can see how bad it is?

Originally Posted by Dragonslayer
You see them. They are surface scratches that need to be polished out. The very fine cloudy scratches from using Novus I was able to get out with PlasticX. But now I have alot more scratches to work on. So I dont know anybody here in the Central Florida area that would work on my display. All i have is infiniti saying that i need to replace the unit and it cost over 1k.