G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Wtf?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wtf?

K so this is the third time this has happened! First time I bugged out and the brought it to dealership and the reset ecu( stupid)! Second time i took my buds advice and set ecu by meself(on off on off 5x's) worked. Today I drove it and it was fine until I stepped on gas pretty good and I felt it jerk( tranny). It's not tranny guys! The car is fine babyd but as soon as I give it a little to medium romp the car does not like it and it dies. Thank god I have a standard so I can push the clutch in so it doesn't die( all the time). I can drive for a few miles and it will die on me! What the hell could this be? I have intake,CBE,HFCs WTF! Car is done right now for sure. Any input would be great. Thanks guys

Old 07-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Spark plugs?...

Old 07-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by bwalsh
K so this is the third time this has happened! First time I bugged out and the brought it to dealership and the reset ecu( stupid)! Second time i took my buds advice and set ecu by meself(on off on off 5x's) worked. Today I drove it and it was fine until I stepped on gas pretty good and I felt it jerk( tranny). It's not tranny guys! The car is fine babyd but as soon as I give it a little to medium romp the car does not like it and it dies. Thank god I have a standard so I can push the clutch in so it doesn't die( all the time). I can drive for a few miles and it will die on me! What the hell could this be? I have intake,CBE,HFCs WTF! Car is done right now for sure. Any input would be great. Thanks guys
Sorry I don't quite understand your problem. You said you felt it jerk then call it a tranny problem, then you say it's not tranny?

Is it possible that your TB needs cleaning? Maybe MAF is malfunctioning?

Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Premier Member

Received 422 Likes on 340 Posts
I'm lost too

Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Sorry guys I was drinking a little bit and pissed off. So when driving yesterday as soon as I step on pedal pretty hard the car shuts off and all lights come on. When I babyd the car and kept rpms under 2200 it was ok(i guess). It stalled out a few times on me and mi have no reason why. I just reset the ecu and will be checking for codes this afternoon. I was just wondering if this has happened to any one and why. Mad was replaced a year or so ago as well

Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
could be a faulty fuel pump. I had a buddies truck that did the same thing. Would randomly die, not have full power, etc. Turned out the fuel pump was about to go. I think there's a way of measuring the PSI, but i'm not entirely sure. It could be intake, throttle body, issues as well.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry guys I was drinking a little bit and pissed off. So when driving yesterday as soon as I step on pedal pretty hard the car shuts off and all lights come on. When I babyd the car and kept rpms under 2200 it was ok(i guess). It stalled out a few times on me and mi have no reason why. I just reset the ecu and will be checking for codes this afternoon. I was just wondering if this has happened to any one and why. Mad was replaced a year or so ago as well

I'm assuming that Mad is just the autocorrect of MAF, which is what I was thinking. My car had some water in the system and every time I would accelerate it would hit the MAF above about 2000 RPMS and basically the car would start to stutter and occasionally die. Once I cleaned out the system and hit the MAF with some electrical cleaner it solved the problem.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
I vote best, most informative thread title of 2012.

Seriously.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Brett:
GXXXV X (07-30-2012), jbwrecked (07-30-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts

... I just reset the ecu and will be checking for codes this afternoon. ...
Hopefully, you didn't really do that. Since not all codes are retained, it's always best to search for codes BEFORE you erase them.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Not saying ur wrong vqsmile but even by resetting the ecu wouldn't that just eliminate that as a problem. If something pops up after that I can address that! U tell me man I'm def new 2 this. Thanks bro

Old 07-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
If it's a hard fault, often times it is stored in non-volatile memory and is available even after an ecu reset. Now, while I can't say with 100% certainly that the G35 ecu does this, I have seen in other cars where certain "soft" faults can be erased when the ecu is reset (LOTS AND LOTS of folks get around smog checks this way). Therefore, as a general practice, I have simply adopted the practice of asking questions FIRST, and then shooting after. This makes in easier to troubleshoot a problem since you may discover a subtle bit of info from the ecu that can clue you into what's going on, what precipitated the onset of symptoms; which is particularly helpful with intermittent problems. If the problem is not intermittent, then it most likely reoccur and be available again later, but of course . . . if you just reset it before reading it again, then you may actually NEVER see it.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Lets be honest, there could be many things causing this. From O2's to dirty TB, Loose MAF to Fuel pump, spark plugs to faulty coils.

Get yourself an OBD code reader, those things are hella cheap nowadays, and read the codes.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Vqsmile ur right I should have def waited to reset anything! I need my car daily so that was what my rush was. Any ways I reset everything and it's driving fine. I'm still worried about it and know it will happen again. Anyways I borrowed my buddies code reader and will be ready if it happens again. I just don't know if the rain had something to do with it or what. Another question I have is I'm getting the osirus tune next week and was wondering if they would be able to find anything or.... Idk thanks though and I'm still stumped