G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Stolen Car (overheat)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen Car (overheat)

Hi Guys, thanks for all the information posted here. I have a weird problem. Weird is a good choice word.

On the forth, my car was stolen, left running for 17 hours straight, in the 104 temp all day long. When I finally got it and was able to retrieve it, I drove for about 1 mile, and the car started to overheat. It didn't get all the way up, but close. Pulled over, no coolant in reservoir, and about a half gallon low inside. I filled this with some water I had in the car. Drove for a while, some wierd things happened, it died and wouldnt start at one point. At one of the many stops on the way home to check fluid I was sitting there and watched all the coolant dump out thru the reservoir tank.

My first thought its the head gasket, and still maybe. I couldnt not get a block tester to show any issues. While I was working on the car it started to rev really high and the code PO507 started, something to do with the RPM's.

The car will not overheat anymore, as I have driven it up to temperature a few times. I do not have anything irregular with the car as far as it drives. The mechanic thinks the body control module is bad and is asking me to replace. I think the fan is bad, but he said it was electric and working fine. I thought the fans in these cars (base 07 G35) were clutch driven.

I am not sure how to proceed without dumping money unnecessarily into the car. The insurance company is saying the problems with the car are "unrelated" to the car being stolen. Yea sure, possibility, but if the car was not stolen they could have likely been avoided simply by the car being driven instead of idling.

Anyone have any clues where to tell the mechanic to start. He said BCM. I think it could be something else. He said if the car was driven to his shop and it didnt overheat the head gasket is fine.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
My question is, how did they steal your car and start the engine?

Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
My question is, how did they steal your car and start the engine?
There are gadgets these days where the thief can be staking out cars and wait for the owner to walk over to it, use the keyfob to unlock (Or lock if they are exiting) the doors, and then the gadget will intercept the relay code from the key and they can basically make a working duplicate of your SmartKey. But it is usually something that happens in grocery store lots where it would be easy for someone to walk around and take their pick as cars are rolling in. And I doubt the tech is user friendly so the guy would also have to be a bit clever.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by EbbAndBlow
There are gadgets these days where the thief can be staking out cars and wait for the owner to walk over to it, use the keyfob to unlock (Or lock if they are exiting) the doors, and then the gadget will intercept the relay code from the key and they can basically make a working duplicate of your SmartKey. But it is usually something that happens in grocery store lots where it would be easy for someone to walk around and take their pick as cars are rolling in. And I doubt the tech is user friendly so the guy would also have to be a bit clever.
I would imagine that the equipment would be mighty expensive. Also, isn't the key encrypted so even if the thief intercepted the relay, it would still have to be decrypted? Kind of like hacking a wireless encryption?

Old 08-01-2012, 02:17 PM
short answer, one of the girls at the party I had is a recovering heroin addict. I awoke to her peeling out of the driveway. I called the police right away.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I would imagine that the equipment would be mighty expensive. Also, isn't the key encrypted so even if the thief intercepted the relay, it would still have to be decrypted? Kind of like hacking a wireless encryption?
I am not sure on the specifics. But it is a growing crime as the technology becomes easier to acquire. I read an article on Yahoo, about it being an issue in some parking lot car thefts where the driver walks into the store and then back out to find their car gone.

And for the OP, is this a troll post? Seriously, a recovering heroin-addict ripped your whip? That is crazy. If true, I sympathize and I hope you can get the issue nailed down.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by speedvision1
short answer, one of the girls at the party I had is a recovering heroin addict. I awoke to her peeling out of the driveway. I called the police right away.
Wow, hide your keys next time! If your car is still under warranty, I suggest you bring it to the dealer and say that the car started acting weird like that...Powertrain warranty covers it 6 year/70k miles.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by EbbAndBlow
I am not sure on the specifics. But it is a growing crime as the technology becomes easier to acquire. I read an article on Yahoo, about it being an issue in some parking lot car thefts where the driver walks into the store and then back out to find their car gone.

And for the OP, is this a troll post? Seriously, a recovering heroin-addict ripped your whip? That is crazy. If true, I sympathize and I hope you can get the issue nailed down.
Well, I read an article that a thief can only intercept the relay on older cars that do not have a robust encryption system and can be duplicated. However, the thief can only unlock the doors, but to turn on the engine they would have to hotwire it.

It even takes a long time to program keys even at the dealer so I would imagine it's almost impossible to start a car without the key unless they know how to hotwire an Infiniti G35 manually rather quickly. You also have to figure out how to disengage the steering lock because even if you managed to start the car, the steering lock won't let you turn the wheel.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 08-01-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
so was the heroin addict hot and bangable?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think we can all learn from this. Hide keys if you have a gathering.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^or dont invite recovering meth addicts

Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, is she hot lololol

Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Code grabbers were a common thing even back in the early 90s. Most alarm systems even then began using code hopping features where the alarm control unit would expect a different code next time a signal was received to help prevent this.
Did your car sustain any physical damage at all?
Also, if you suspect she may have had her stuff in the car, be sure none of it fell out between the seats. You don't want to be telling the cops "My car was stolen by a recovering heroin addict" if you ever happen to consent to a search. Somehow, I don't see them buying that line.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 PM
LOL yes she was pretty hot. Ill post pics if I can get some useful information lol.

Anyways, yes, I am not sure whats going on really. The insurance is going back and forth saying that the problems are not because of the theft. I said this dumb broad (sorry she is) took my car left it running middle of summer on a 105 degree day for 17 hours. The fans are not working now, and the mechanic working on the car said the fan is electric, not clutch. It is OEM and I read somewhere on here its a clutch system.

And I completely emptied the car, looked everywhere, found nothing. Last thing I need is a cop pulling me over and finding something like that. The cops were even able to pull a video of her leaving my subdivision as it is gated.

The whole thing was CRAZY.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
The fans are ran off a sensor.. the water pump and t-stat runs off a chain in the block of the motor.. if the car is still running hot u might want to check both of those. Also, one of the fans or both may not be turning on or running at the right speed.. By the car just running and not doing anything.. something could have burned out.. for example the fan motors.. check to see if both a working and turning at the right speed. if it was a head gasket. you would have water coming out some where on the block or out the tail pipe.. I think it might produce a white smoke (not 100% on that cuz i can't remember if it water that put out the white smoke or oil). Get the car pressure tested..