G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Finally getting my G!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Finally getting my G!

I've been lurking/reading/researching around here for a few months while looking for a 07-08 G35X sedan. Finally found the one I want and it will be on it's way tomorrow (it's out of state so I won't get it until Saturday). It's a 2007 Blue Slate / Graphite G35X with Premium/Nav/Tech/Rosewood.

I've owned BMWs in the past - 2 different M3s specifically - but once I started having kids, the M3 went bye-bye. I've been driving not very fun-to-drive cars for the last few years, and recently started looking at getting something sportier that could still haul the kids. I looked at BMW 335xi's, but the reliability of the twin turbo six was more than a little concerning for me. I've loved the new G ever since it came out and it's reputation for reliability and quality was very attractive. Additionally, we owned a 2001 QX4 in the early/mid 2000's and loved it, so I've always known I would own another Infiniti one day. Well, today is that day.

The car is pretty stock as it sits, but I'm going to do a few minor things right away (replace worn steering wheel and door trim, add paddle shifters, get 20% tint, do the KP Technology Nav mod) and then hopefully some more major ones down the road (wheels, springs, lip, rear spoiler and maybe intake/exhaust). I'm really glad to be joining the G35 driver community and I look forward to participating more here in the future.

..and I'll be sure to post some pics when I get it.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Here are a few pics from the dealer's web site. I'll post some of my own when I can.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
If you don't mind me asking how many miles/ how much did you pay?

Congrats on your ride! I have the same in a different color (Platinum Graphite.) I love the way it drives except some of the problems I had with the car but all fixed under warranty.

Your rosewood looks vastly different than mine. I see ripples in yours...interesting.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Congrats, looks sharp. Enjoy!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Welcome to the site, looks like you picked a real clean X. Don't let the mod bug bite you too hard

Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome, did you take the photos or the dealership/seller? Looks great!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Ingeo
Welcome, did you take the photos or the dealership/seller? Looks great!
He wrote before the first pic "Here are a few pics from the dealer's web site. I'll post some of my own when I can."

Nice car OP. Congratulations!

Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks everyone for the congrats and the warm welcome!

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
If you don't mind me asking how many miles/ how much did you pay?
Sure...It has 79,000 miles and I paid $15K for it. A few more miles than I wanted, but the price and condition of the car was absolutely right for me - I've been looking for a while and it was the best combo of options, price, condition and mileage that I've found - and in the color combo I wanted. Given the choice, I probably would have chosen the aluminum trim, but I really like the rosewood as well.

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Your rosewood looks vastly different than mine. I see ripples in yours...interesting.
Every rosewood dash I've seen looks different. I've heard some say it's not real wood, but the variation in the wood patterns from car to car tells me otherwise. Does anyone know for sure?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by selahvie
Every rosewood dash I've seen looks different. I've heard some say it's not real wood, but the variation in the wood patterns from car to car tells me otherwise. Does anyone know for sure?
Real wood laminate adhered to plastic. Normal for today's cars unless you have a Bentley or RR.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
welcome to the forums man, I also switched from a m3 an e46 to be exact, I loved that when I had to come in for a service I was expecting a big bill like it is for an inspection 2, but then when I looked at it I was like holy crap more than 50% less than that of the bmw's.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
$15k is a nice deal, think about what new car you could buy for $15k, lol (maybe a stripped Hyundai Accent).79k miles is alright, these cars can go over 200k w/ proper service.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Real wood laminate adhered to plastic. Normal for today's cars unless you have a Bentley or RR.
That's what I expected. One of my M3s that had wood was the same. I've seen some saying the whole thing is molded plastic, which is obviously not the case.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice g, good combo with the interior and exterior combo

Old 08-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Just an update to this thread - I've had the car for just over a week now and absolutely LOVE it. I know you all know this, but this car is a blast to drive. I love all the gadgets and amenities. Even with the mileage on this car, it is extremely buttoned-down - not a squeak or rattle anywhere. My M3 that had this mileage on it was nowhere near this tight. Amazing car and amazing value. Here's what I've done so far to the car:

- I got in my new trim for the steering wheel and doors, but so far have only been able to replace the door handles. I didn't have a T30 tamper-proof bit, so I have one on the way.
- I replaced the in-cabin micro air filter as I'm pretty sure it was the original one to the car. Got a
carbon Fram filter from Amazon carbon Fram filter from Amazon
for about $17.
- I replaced the interior bulbs with LEDs from Diode Dynamics - they look great. I did the stage 2 kit and it's perfect as far as brightness goes.
- I put on a coat of wax and am keeping it obsessively clean
- It's in the shop as we speak getting %15 tint all around - I'll post pics when it's finished
- I've ordered new pads/rotors for the rear and will do that this weekend - they are a little warped and the pads are almost done (fronts are still good)
- ordered some chromed amber turn signal bulbs to get rid of the egg yolk effect
- I sanded down my worn/damaged shift **** to the brushed aluminum look (see pics below)

Before:

And here's after (crappy cell phone pic):

- I wired my radar detector to the rear view mirror with the DIY kit from http://www.invisicord.com - cost me all of $6+change with their $3 off promo right now. It is super easy to do and love how clean the results are.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the car. I'm currently looking for any and every excuse to drive it whenever I can! I'm sure you can identify...

Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by selahvie
..... I'm currently looking for any and every excuse to drive it whenever I can! I'm sure you can identify...
Perfectly normal at first and if you're anything like me, the same 5 years later

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally getting my G!