G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Play in the wheel when locked!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Play in the wheel when locked!

Hi all- this might be a little long to read but here we go and maybe some one can relate or give me some suggestions. So for a month or so i have had this loose/creaking noise while going over bumps(doesnt matter speed) and i cannot figure it out. I have checked springs,struts,bearings, pretty much everything. Also, i am not sure if this is related but my steering wheel while locked has about 3 inches of play in it and seeing as we have the hydrolic steering assisted rack pump(or whatever the hell its called) could something with that be F'd up. Rack and Pinion maybe? I am just out of warranty and do not want to pay a diognosis fee when im sure someone here has had the same issue. sounds like the front right wheel is loose and you can hear creaking under center console to the front passenger side. Any ideas would be great or to the dealer i go... thanks ahead of time everyone

Old 10-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does it sound like a worn out old chevy when you go over a speedbump? Mine does. The compression rods (bushings) are bad. Mine are cracked. Search the site to see if that is what you have.

Let Me Google That For You!