G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

dealer claims Eneos ATF (not engine oil) is OEM Matic S and J...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
dealer claims Eneos ATF (not engine oil) is OEM Matic S and J...

So I go to the dealer today for a flush... the woman tells me they flush with 14 quarts of matic J, I told her its matic S now in 2012 and she calls up the parts department...

They tell her they use synthetic matic S/J OEM... I asked wtf that is.. whether its matic S or not. The parts guy tells me its Eneos ATF they buy in big oil drums instead of 1 quart bottles of matic S, and its the same company that makes matic S for Nissan, and its been used for 4 years without any issues at the dealership.

I hesitated and then decided on the flush... later on did some research and found out Eneos ATF is made by JX Nippon oil that makes Matic S.

Has anyone ever have had any experience with Eneos ATF????

Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
So I go to the dealer today for a flush... the woman tells me they flush with 14 quarts of matic J, I told her its matic S now in 2012 and she calls up the parts department...

They tell her they use synthetic matic S/J OEM... I asked wtf that is.. whether its matic S or not. The parts guy tells me its Eneos ATF they buy in big oil drums instead of 1 quart bottles of matic S, and its the same company that makes matic S for Nissan, and its been used for 4 years without any issues at the dealership.

I hesitated and then decided on the flush... later on did some research and found out Eneos ATF is made by JX Nippon oil that makes Matic S.

Has anyone ever have had any experience with Eneos ATF????
Hmm, while that's very interesting, I'd suggest calling Infiniti corporate customer service and asking for a verification that it is indeed all right to use said fluid as opposed to the genuine Nissan Matic-S product. Simply stating they haven't had any issues for 4 years at one dealership is hardly conclusive. I'd also look for something in writing from that dealership showing what was used and/or stating an alternate to genuine Nissan product was substituted should any issues arise in the future.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Hmm, while that's very interesting, I'd suggest calling Infiniti corporate customer service and asking for a verification that it is indeed all right to use said fluid as opposed to the genuine Nissan Matic-S product. Simply stating they haven't had any issues for 4 years at one dealership is hardly conclusive. I'd also look for something in writing from that dealership showing what was used and/or stating an alternate to genuine Nissan product was substituted should any issues arise in the future.

sounds a bit overboard...

if you call infiniti, they will just recommend you to use what is stated in the owner's manual.. aka matic j or s...

a written statement from the dealer? lol.. he knew what they were using before the service started, and he accepted it. And I am pretty sure it's in the estimate/receipt before he signed them..

OP, sounds like you did your research.. and if your findings say that it's made by the same company I would be relieved.. maybe the formulation is not 100%.. i bet the base stock is.. so it can't be that much better or worse than going with an off-brand or OEM

now I kinda want to change my ATF with enoes if it's cheaper than matic s.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:28 AM
I heard some interesting things about Eneos oil for engines.... most of it good. Seems like most of the cars coming out of the factories have their engines filled with it, makes sense since I doubt they will import mobil 1 from the US to Japan factories. But the ATF, I never heard of.

I found 2 PDFs of matic S and Eneos ATF. Its a materials report that shows basic info. I am trying to figure out how to upload PDFs here.

Anyone know where I can find analysis info on matic S? On Eneos sight there's all technical info on viscosity etc for all to see, but I can't compare it since matic S is some sorta super secret Nissan formula...

Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
you don't have to use any Nissan "matic" fluid, it's actually illegal for OEMs to force you to use their products exclusively. as long as fluid falls into the right perimeters, it can be used.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
you don't have to use any Nissan "matic" fluid, it's actually illegal for OEMs to force you to use their products exclusively. as long as fluid falls into the right perimeters, it can be used.
There's a TSB out where nissan is telling the dealers to void warranty claims of anything else is used. The receipt shows correct part number so I'm ok should I need a warranty claim (knock on wood) but I find it funny how incompetent and stupid service reps at dealerships could be when it comes to technical infos on our cars. I learned more about my car here than what they know. Picking up my ride tomorrow.. will post how it "feels"

Anyone know how I can attach PDFs here?

Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
http://www.infinitig37.com/TSB/1SB16.pdf

the whole post is on Nissan's end, has nothing to do w/you. they're only stating that they're only allowed to use that fluid when they do warranty repairs

Old 10-19-2012, 02:27 AM
^1+

That's what I was reading too.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
A Nissan dealer flushed my G with BG Synthetic ATF, after I called the week before and asked the parts guy if only Matic J could be used....he said "only Matic J" Same kid told me AFTER the service that it was the BG fluid. What the actual frack??

Old 10-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Dealer incompetence knows no limits. They also get annoyed when u seem to know more than they do and ask for details on fluids used etc...

How did ur tranny behave after putting the BG in?

For me, so far so good with Eneos... seems like legit matic S, minus the retail Nissan matic s packaging. Made by the same company so I should be fine.

Picked up Nissan power steering fluid to do my own flush as per the DIY we have here... only question is I know that people use ATF fluid for the steering, but this fluid was given to me by the dealers parts Department and its actual OEM Nissan power steering fluid. Does anyone know if its OK to mix this with the stock fluid in the power steering reservoir?