Go Back  G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion > General Discussion > G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08
Reload this Page >

Replacing bulb DRL/Fog Light bulb on 2008 G35 sedan

G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Replacing bulb DRL/Fog Light bulb on 2008 G35 sedan

  #1  
Old 10-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing bulb DRL/Fog Light bulb on 2008 G35 sedan

Has any replaced the bulb for DRL/Foglight on a 2008 G35 sedan? If you so how easy was it and what bulb and color did you use.
 
  #2  
Old 10-22-2012, 12:40 AM
djfarhan's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 14,262
Received 316 Likes on 275 Posts
regarding the kind of bulb, u can look that up in ur manual or the sylvania site.

to access that light is a pita, so u might haveta take off the whole headlight. search here for headlight removal and u will see instructions.

yes it involves taking off the bumper.
 
  #3  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:11 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, On. Canada
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I did replace mine not long ago, I used the yellow hoen bulbs and they look good, and also better ilumination when fogs on. To change them its a little bit tight but not too bad, I went from above, took me 10 mins for both; for the right one, you need to remove the windshield fluid reservor.... just pull it out.
 
  #4  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 AM
djfarhan's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 14,262
Received 316 Likes on 275 Posts
i got the chrome ones that blink amber, i hate the yellow color!

 
  #5  
Old 10-22-2012, 01:56 PM
stockae92's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: socal
Posts: 769
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by parthur View Post
I did replace mine not long ago, I used the yellow hoen bulbs and they look good, and also better ilumination when fogs on. To change them its a little bit tight but not too bad, I went from above, took me 10 mins for both; for the right one, you need to remove the windshield fluid reservor.... just pull it out.
So the difference is noticeable?

Do you have pic? in daylight and at night?

Thanks.
 
  #6  
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you purchase the bulb from?
 
  #7  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London, On. Canada
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
So the difference is noticeable?

Do you have pic? in daylight and at night?

Thanks.
Sorry no pics at the moment but will post one later.... yes the diference in noticeable, and while running the DRL it looks a lot better than the stock. When fogs are on, yes its better but still not as good as if the whole assembly was outside of the headlight housing.....

Not sure if the question was for me; but I bought them from: www.hoen-usa.com.
 
  #8  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got mine from v-Leds.com. I purchased the high quality $60 ones. You get what you pay for. No problems on my end. Easy install. took 15min.

EDIT: They're on sale right now..

http://www.v-leds.com/9006-HB4/White...orLanding/true
 
  #9  
Old 10-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you have big hands its a big pain. The driver side you can access the bulb by going through the wheel well. You'll have to snake your hands around and feel your way around.

As for for the passenger side i ended up opening the hood and removed the passenger side intake to get at that bulb. It just seemed to tight to access that bulb from the wheel well.

I think the bulb size is HB4 aka 9006. I ended up going with the Nokya 3000k yellow halogen bulbs. Its a nice contrast to our xenon bulbs. Also when you drive in rain or snow, lower kelvin (even halogen bulbs) can cut through the elements better because it wont "wash out".
 
  #10  
Old 10-26-2012, 06:22 PM
b-dRizZy's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Downey, Ca
Posts: 1,748
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
peeps can you post piks of day and night i would like to see also

 
  #11  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take out the left and right air filter housings. Then the washer fluid reservoir. Don't remove the bumper. Don't remove the wheel wells lol I changed mine to the whitest halogen I could find. At night it looks almost OEM HID white (4300k, picture doesn't do it justice). Some people flash me because they think I have my high beams on. I'm going to try an LED bulb which will be dimmer. The bulb is 9006.

Name:  G35xnight.jpg
Views: 1880
Size:  33.4 KB
 

Last edited by Chumacher; 10-29-2012 at 01:15 AM.
  #12  
Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 51
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is mine with the yellow Nokya 3k halogen bulb. Sorry for the angle but I took it with my cell phone.

Name:  EED82E0B-9FAD-4734-B6AB-5C0C76CDAB91-6101-000002D19B7AD34F.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  143.9 KB

Originally Posted by Chumacher View Post
Take out the left and right air filter housings. Then the washer fluid reservoir. Don't remove the bumper. Don't remove the wheel wells lol I changed mine to the whitest halogen I could find. At night it looks almost OEM HID white (4300k, picture doesn't do it justice). Some people flash me because they think I have my high beams on. I'm going to try an LED bulb which will be dimmer. The bulb is 9006.
That turned put much nicer than I imagined. What bulb is that? You should change your parking light to white too to complete the conversion to white.
 
  #13  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CRV_33 View Post
That turned put much nicer than I imagined. What bulb is that? You should change your parking light to white too to complete the conversion to white.
I'm not sure what bulb it is. Bought it from a guy I regularly deal with. Told him I wanted oem white and he found it. I'm going to keep the amber parking light. Trying to go with an updated oem look. I like how new Audi's, BMW's, and Benz's have white LED accents but they all still have amber parking lights.
 
  #14  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Shrt Bus's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just put in cool white LED bulb replacement, matches the light color fairly close but I will be adding 55w ballasts and 6k bulbs with the lens mod as well. The LED bulb does nothing but change the appearance. I just didnt like that yellowish tint against the HIDs

I do, as well, like the look of the amber accents seems to give the area more depth then being all one color.
 
  #15  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shrt Bus View Post
I just put in cool white LED bulb replacement, matches the light color fairly close but I will be adding 55w ballasts and 6k bulbs with the lens mod as well. The LED bulb does nothing but change the appearance. I just didnt like that yellowish tint against the HIDs

I do, as well, like the look of the amber accents seems to give the area more depth then being all one color.
Can you post a night shot of it?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Replacing bulb DRL/Fog Light bulb on 2008 G35 sedan


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: