G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I need help for 60k miles service!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need help for 60k miles service!!!

The following services are needed for my car at 60k miles, 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan and this is a V36 model engine (VQ35HR). If you see something that is not listed below, that's simply because I have aftermarket.

Here are a few things:

1. Engine drive belt - please advice which part I should get

2. Engine oil + filter change - provide Synthetic Mobile1 and M1 oil filter

3. Trans ATF flush and fill - provide Synthetic Royal Purple MAX ATF - how many qrt is needed?

4. Transfer case flush and fill - please advice which part I should get

5. Rear differential flush and fill - please advice which part I should get

6. Spark plug change - provide NGK iridium - please advice if laser iridium can be used for better performance

7. Fuel system service - at service and recommendation

I also looking for an aftermarket High Flow Cat and how much would the cost be for installation with no check engine light? (Megan Racing HFC is good?)

My location is 92843, 92703, 92683, if you have any shop that is recommended, please let me know as well. Not to include the cost of parts that I will provide, so how much out of my pocket you would think for labor? There is some DIY but I don't have the time and too lazy for it.

I do not want no BS crappy advice reply to this thread please, a straight comment would be fine if you know what I mean. Any further feedback is very welcome!

Thank you guys!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by tigerG35SS
The following services are needed for my car at 60k miles, 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan and this is a V36 model engine (VQ35HR). If you see something that is not listed below, that's simply because I have aftermarket.

Here are a few things:

1. Engine drive belt - please advice which part I should get

2. Engine oil + filter change - provide Synthetic Mobile1 and M1 oil filter

3. Trans ATF flush and fill - provide Synthetic Royal Purple MAX ATF - how many qrt is needed?

4. Transfer case flush and fill - please advice which part I should get

5. Rear differential flush and fill - please advice which part I should get

6. Spark plug change - provide NGK iridium - please advice if laser iridium can be used for better performance

7. Fuel system service - at service and recommendation

I also looking for an aftermarket High Flow Cat and how much would the cost be for installation with no check engine light? (Megan Racing HFC is good?)

My location is 92843, 92703, 92683, if you have any shop that is recommended, please let me know as well. Not to include the cost of parts that I will provide, so how much out of my pocket you would think for labor? There is some DIY but I don't have the time and too lazy for it.

I do not want no BS crappy advice reply to this thread please, a straight comment would be fine if you know what I mean. Any further feedback is very welcome!

Thank you guys!
I've heard the ATF is good for 100k, spark plugs 90k, do you have an X since you mentioned transfer case? If so I believe it's due along w/ rear diff. I believe the drive belt is up to you if it looks good and still soft you may be OK. have you flushed your brake fluid? If not, that's something that should be done (along w/ a full brake job).
Good luck w/ the labor, that one's really a crapshoot

Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
1. Engine drive belt - just one belt OEM 11720JK20A-28 i believe but confirm online

3. Trans ATF flush and fill - Use 12-15qts of NISSAN Matic-S ATF which is synthetic for entire flush to avoid warranty issues(using any other ATF voids your warranty as listed by nissan in a TSB a while back)

4. Transfer case flush and fill - check your manual i believe it requires matic-d also do the front diff same fluid

5. Rear differential flush and fill - Mobile 1 gear oil or Valvoline (oil weight from manual)

6. Spark plug change - dont need them they are good for 100k but id do them around 75k

7. Fuel system service - seafoam in tank

Clean TB, brake fluid, air and cabin filters and coolant flush

Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
The 60K mile service is exactly like the 30K, R&R all fluids and filters. Depending on the condition I'd also replace belt. This doesn't need to be done at Infiniti, you could have Nissan do it cause they use the same fluids/filter and belts and it will cost you 30% less than the stealership. If you know a qualified Nissan mechanic any shop can preform this service. Member in the above post used the word "Flush" ignore it!
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 02-13-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ theres only one drive belt in the V36 unlike V35. Drain and fill is fine for ATF as long as you do it on regular intervals else flush is an option for many. I did not tell/recommend him to 'Flush' it he said in his original post that he wanted to know how many qts for the flush and i told him just that. I have never had to flush atf in any of my previous or current cars cause i keep up with regular drain and fill with no issues to date which is why i never recommend anyone to flush theirs either but at the end of the day to each their own!

Last edited by kool_yaar; 02-12-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
A couple of other items you might want to consider adding to your list:

Replace engine coolant
Replace brake fluid
Replace power steering fluid
Service battery (clean terminals and top off battery cells)

EDIT: I see kool already recommended some of these

Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Replace engine coolant
- This was done at OC Infiniti 3 months ago due to leaking and thermalstat failed, I paid an overcharged 5x times than a regular shop.

Replace brake fluid
This was done at 40k or 50k miles I'm not sure but it still perform very well and pad has lots of thread.

Replace power steering fluid
I think I should, I had my steering wheel replaced under warranty not so long ago.I wouldn't know if they done any services beside that. Please advice what I should be getting for this steering fluid?

Service battery (clean terminals and top off battery cells)
I replaced a new one about 1.5 year ago, currently I have a voltage stab and grounding wires so this might works well for another year or so on battery.

So, RWD doesn't have transfer-case, right? Looks like I should be getting Mobile1 for all fluid since I don't care abt warranty anymore. Do I really need to flush or just drain+fill trans or rear diff?
Spark plug is not require for tune-up? I just don't know abt the tune-up since recommendation got me confused though. Oh and the drive belt, it's damn dirty, nasty and very squeaky somehow sometime.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for making this thread, I'm going to keep an eye on it. I just bought a 2007 G35 Sport with ~62k miles, so this thread will definitely help me in doing the required maintenance.

Here is the original thread I made with a few questions: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...questions.html

Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 PM
You're very welcome Bomb0314,
Where is your location? I guess you're not from SoCal eh?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope... I'm in Texas. Dallas TX for the next week then moving back to Houston!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Is there even a thread or topic advise on the car's service maintenance (30k, 60k and 90k) and what part can be used such as OEM or after market for better performance? For each model like V35 coupe, V36 sedan. As we know the 07-08 G35 sedan is not the same as the coupe.