G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Potential 08 G35XS Owner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Potential 08 G35XS Owner!

Hey guys, I just want to introduce myself, I'll make this nice and quick. My name is Kevin
and I come from the Audi community. I've been a long time Audi owner and member of Audizine since 06. I've owned multiple A4's and S4's and now It's time to move on to a G35x. I've always loved the G35 styling and have decided to take the first steps to owning one. AWD is a must for me (I do wish the G35x came in a manual as I've -never- owned an automatic) but I can live with it.

So I went to a local dealer to inquire about a higher mileage/former 1 owner corporate vehicle.
It's the 08 G35XS fully loaded with 95k miles. They were asking 17,500 at first and have since lowered it down to 16,700. I test drove it for a good 10-15 miles in city and highway conditions. It drove excellent, no knocks, no creaks, power/tranny shifted great. It's a very clean car which was bought new and serviced it's entire life at this dealer. So I ended up parting ways with them on Saturday because they 'couldn't' get me the price I wanted. Basically I had them down to $16,000 but to be comfortable I wanted it for $15,500 and no more. He calls me back after I leave and tells me they can take a couple hundred off. I tell him no I need to stick to my guns on this one, $15,500 and it's a done deal. I'll be waiting for his call today I assume they'll cave or come within 100, 200 of my asking price. I'm very hopeful at this point as they've had this vehicle on their lot for a couple months now and must want to make a sale.

$15,500 would be a great price for this car. Am I wrong? NADA puts this car at or around $20k which the dealer did relay to me many times (I don't care, I'll play cat and mouse all day with the dealer.) but I do recognize this would probably be a killer price for the car. Main reason why I want it for this low of price, I'll need to buy all season tires because the 18" wheels come with snows. They don't want to negotiate tires obviously because they would practically be giving me the car away at that price. Also, I noticed the scratched wheel trim and door trim and would be replacing that myself. Here's a link to the vehicle
Clicky

Thoughts?

Old 04-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevinl86
Hey guys, I just want to introduce myself, I'll make this nice and quick. My name is Kevin
and I come from the Audi community. I've been a long time Audi owner and member of Audizine since 06. I've owned multiple A4's and S4's and now It's time to move on to a G35x. I've always loved the G35 styling and have decided to take the first steps to owning one. AWD is a must for me (I do wish the G35x came in a manual as I've -never- owned an automatic) but I can live with it.

So I went to a local dealer to inquire about a higher mileage/former 1 owner corporate vehicle.
It's the 08 G35XS fully loaded with 95k miles. They were asking 17,500 at first and have since lowered it down to 16,700. I test drove it for a good 10-15 miles in city and highway conditions. It drove excellent, no knocks, no creaks, power/tranny shifted great. It's a very clean car which was bought new and serviced it's entire life at this dealer. So I ended up parting ways with them on Saturday because they 'couldn't' get me the price I wanted. Basically I had them down to $16,000 but to be comfortable I wanted it for $15,500 and no more. He calls me back after I leave and tells me they can take a couple hundred off. I tell him no I need to stick to my guns on this one, $15,500 and it's a done deal. I'll be waiting for his call today I assume they'll cave or come within 100, 200 of my asking price. I'm very hopeful at this point as they've had this vehicle on their lot for a couple months now and must want to make a sale.

$15,500 would be a great price for this car. Am I wrong? NADA puts this car at or around $20k which the dealer did relay to me many times (I don't care, I'll play cat and mouse all day with the dealer.) but I do recognize this would probably be a killer price for the car. Main reason why I want it for this low of price, I'll need to buy all season tires because the 18" wheels come with snows. They don't want to negotiate tires obviously because they would practically be giving me the car away at that price. Also, I noticed the scratched wheel trim and door trim and would be replacing that myself. Here's a link to the vehicle
Clicky

Thoughts?
Welcome; another former audi guy here too - I had an a4, a b6 s4, and a tt225 roadster. Totally happy with the g!

15.5 would definitely be a good price, just don't forget to factor in up front maintenance. You'll want to change/flush the tranny fluid at the very least, as well as air/cabin filters. This car is extremely easy for the DIY minded, and I'd certainly suggest doing everything you can yourself, as the Infiniti stealerships are exorbitant.

Just wait until the mod bug bites...

Rwd rear sway bar is a great, and cheap, first mod, and a great way to start working on the car.

Also - the wheel trim is extremely easy to replace. Get it cheap on eBay. Also think about a custom Dallas steering wheel since you're going to have it off anyway. Its my favorite mod!

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com

Gl.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks aktif8 for the helpful info! I did purchase the vehicle yesterday. The dealer and I came to an agreement on $15,650 total. Which is a killer price and makes for pretty low payments after I put down $2500 on top!

Just curious, I'm used to the face paced forum of Audizine. Is this basically the only 'decent' forum for these 07-08 G35's or is there a faster moving w/ more people forum elsewhere? Feel free to PM me.

Also, A few things I've been noticing which are primarily cosmetic really than anything. Obviously the two front door pulls and steering wheel trim have scratches ( I already ordered the parts on eBay and they are on their way) My OCD will not let these pieces go unreplaced so I'll get that out of the way first.

Second, it looks like a small area above the instrument cluster is pulling up near the left side buttons.
It doesn't look terrible but I'll use some 3M interior adhesive and try to make that a little less noticeable.

The drivers side door has a couple issues: It feels as if there is a tiny bit of sag when I open the door from the inside the door drops slightly and I can feel it come up a bit when it closes. The other doors are perfect. Also, the outside weather stripping above the window like to come out of place a bit, I can pop it back in but it still looks awkward and comes out eventually. Are these common problems?

I'd like to address all the maintenance/cosmetic issues before I get a taste of that mod bug.

I'm sure some of these issues can be ignored and I'll be fine but it's so hard not to fix these little things.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
it's definitely a little slower around here. I was a big Audiworld (especially AWOT!!) guy, and this is nowhere near the pace.

That said, people around driver tend to post in the appropriate sub (tech) forums, so troll around those for some interesting info. Also, myg37 is where the v36 g37 guys hang out - many of the threads are cross-applicable to us.

Instrument cluster is a very common problem. I had mine replaced under warranty - infiniti unoficially knows it's an issue. If you bought yours from a dealer, they may take care of you even outside warranty.

my window stripping does the same exact thing. I just pop it in every so often. I'm keeping an eye on it, but as of yet, it hasn't caused any problems, and there's no obvious solution.

I've never heard of the door sag - the obvious answer is that one of the hinges has an issue. i would take the door panel off, and open / close it to diagnose. These cars are plentiful on the wrecked lots (and the body is EXACTLY the same from 07-present,) so it's very easy to procure used, cheap, parts.

I have the exact same car, so feel free to ping me once you start thinking about mods - i've investigated (and/or done,) a lot, including many of the 2011 interior parts - full door panels, trim, and revised center console.

Good luck with the car!