G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Horrible Luck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Horrible Luck

Hey guys,

I just wanted to vent my frustration to stupid drivers out there. Someone rear-ended me in the beginning of August, and caused $1400 worth of damage. My bumper had to be replaced and repainted and blended in with the quarter panels. The body shop did a good job matching the paint and the car came back good as new. I had to pay $500 deductible from my insurance and am waiting for the other guy's insurance to repay me back the damages.

I got the car back Friday and it was perfect, and I was quite happy. Today, I was at Target parking lot, and someone hit my car in the rear bumper and drove away without leaving any kind of information. Luckily, a witness left a note on my windshield and gave me the plate number. I was also able to get video footage from Target at the parking lot where the accident took place. I hope the hit and run driver gets arrested and ticketed for leaving the scene of an accident. I really baby my car, and I hate to see things like this (especially a hit and run.)

Can't believe my luck is this bad. I just got the car back two days ago too. Dealing with insurance companies is a pain.

How much do you think this damage would cost? I'm attaching pictures. Also, note that the rear right quarter panel is also a little dented at the edge. I'm not even sure if the impact bar got damaged too. You can see the silver paint transfer from the minivan hitting my car.

Pictures from First Accident in August (You can see the crease in the bumper that made it have to be replaced- damage was $1400):
Horrible Luck-j3g1sfp.jpg

Horrible Luck-iuuahny.jpg

Pictures from Second Accident in Sept:
Horrible Luck-wcqewqv.jpg

Horrible Luck-xtdocfd.jpg

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-01-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
See a Body shop. What's under there is where the damage is the worst.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
See a Body shop. What's under there is where the damage is the worst.
Yeah, I know. It really sucks cuz I only had the car for two days before this happened again.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
That's terrible... At least a witness was nice enough to help you with finding out who did it. Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out! Also hope the guy who did it gets caught. A hit and run is a crime! You've got a pretty strong case, you have a witness and you have video footage so that should help you out a bit.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Just going through all the body work from a T-bone back in April I feel your pain
Sucks to have it all back as new then go through it all over again. Seems like these cars have bulls-eyes on them that only douchebags can see
Hope that SOB gets caught and has to make retribution. Good luck through all of it, but you'll be back looking good again
Try to get the body shop to find the bulls-eye and remove it this time

Old 09-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope you pursue the hit and run driver! Make sure you milk that bastard for every penny he is worth.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Damnnn...my mouth dropped scrolling from the first set to the second of pics. Was not expecting that at all.

About 10 years ago my Dad's Q45 was hit and run while on the freeway. The hit was so hard that the color from the license plate numbers transferred to his bumper completely. For what ever reason, the police never found the bastard. Good luck with your pursuit of justice.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I know what you are going thru mathnerd88. August 5th my audi a6 quattro was hit by a drunk driver ! I had just got it back from my audi tech 4 days before he hit it. I just got the timing belt and torque converter and euro charged done! He hit the rear quater panel and rear wheel $12,000 in damage they totaled it! Only good to come out of it is I got a 05 G35X with.84,660 on the clock as a replacement. I hope the catch the bum who hit ya!

Old 09-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I got the name and address of the owner of the vehicle from the police report. However, I have no insurance information from the other party, and I still have to go talk to the detectives at the police district this occurred at (Boston area has many districts.)

I am going to bring my car back to the body shop tomorrow and get an estimate, and also contact the police detective for them to contact the at-fault party. I wish I could keep a copy of the video so I can upload it and show you guys. I have already notified my insurance company of the incident.

I actually went to the offending party's address with a camera in hand (against the advice of my insurance company) but could not locate their vehicle.

I'm also angry because my insurance rates will probably go up even though I am not at fault. Six year old vehicle, and everything still runs like new.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-02-2013 at 11:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (09-03-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Keep us posted on what transpires, sure hope they put him on the hook for his irresponsible ways. It's always the honest insurance paying drivers that seem to always be the victims of these A holes
Guy probably has a warrant for no insurance, suspended license, etc

Old 09-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
The dd that hit me was 24 yrs old. His car couldnt run but he did! A good samaritian saw what happened and followed him to his house! He didnt have insurance either.He got locked up hope he meets bubba! My ins said they are going after him for everything they can get. Sad thing is the car is registered to his mother! This is the good stuff its his 3rd dwi only 24

Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 PM
UPDATE

I found the car that has the exact same damage in the area that the camera showed, so the witness was correct. I took pictures of the damage around the wheel well of the van. I also had Target save a copy of the video just in case the police lost it.

What happened at the parking lot was that I was the first car parked the row, and as the van turned right to enter the row of parking spaces, the tire wheel area clipped by bumper because the driver was careless while turning.

Horrible Luck-3j4aaox.jpg

Now the hardest part is to wait for the auto investigator to determine fault, even though it is quite obvious.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-03-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Horrible luck is not having any leads on the driver, and having to pay your deductible out of pocket with no chances of reimbursement.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by redonblack35
Horrible luck is not having any leads on the driver, and having to pay your deductible out of pocket with no chances of reimbursement.
Excuse me, but I would think getting into two accidents in a span of a month is horrible luck no matter which way you spin it, especially an accident only two days of getting the car back fixed to brand new.

There is still very little chance of reimbursement. Nobody can still prove who the actual driver is, so their insurance does not have to pay diddly squat. All I can prove is that this car was used to commit property damage. I'm still out of deductible of $1000 ($500 for each claim.) It may take months to even get reimbursed, if possible. We all know insurance companies are sleazeballs who refuse to pay out or drag it out as long as they can.

Not only that, my insurance company may drop me because there are too many claims. I'm actually looking to switch insurance companies soon, but these two no fault accident claims will actually raise my premiums if I'm trying to switch companies.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-03-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Curious to read how it all turns out.

Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horrible Luck