blnewt (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by DeviousG
That CF grill looks amazing!
Thanks DG, appreciate the kind words

Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys on this forum are wizards, I'm not that mechanically inclined!! I'm more of a buy and pay so if its messed up someone is liable person!! lol

Ive found out all the initial things I wanted to see, now since the fogs are inside the headlight, how do you HID the fog lights? just as simple as a plug and play HID kit? Id be curious how this looks, as I might not want Yellow fog light coloring.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by JPerkMr954
You guys on this forum are wizards, I'm not that mechanically inclined!! I'm more of a buy and pay so if its messed up someone is liable person!! lol

Ive found out all the initial things I wanted to see, now since the fogs are inside the headlight, how do you HID the fog lights? just as simple as a plug and play HID kit? Id be curious how this looks, as I might not want Yellow fog light coloring.
Don't hid the fogs. Resist the temptation. without a technical explanation, suffice it to say that halogen reflectors are not made for hid bulbs. You'll end up throwing less usable light, and blinding other drivers.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by aktif8
Don't hid the fogs. Resist the temptation. without a technical explanation, suffice it to say that halogen reflectors are not made for hid bulbs. You'll end up throwing less usable light, and blinding other drivers.
Oh I need no explaination more than what you mentioned, as I have heard about this in some cars. Im not a fan of yellowing colored lights so I'd like to obtain the clearest colors possible. Are 35s equipped with HIDs already or will I need to do this for lowbeams?

Old 09-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Oh I need no explaination more than what you mentioned, as I have heard about this in some cars. Im not a fan of yellowing colored lights so I'd like to obtain the clearest colors possible. Are 35s equipped with HIDs already or will I need to do this for lowbeams?
All G sedans from 2007 and on use HID projector beam (meaning lens type) headlights. I believe all coupes made from 2006 and on also use HID projector beam headlights.

The G sedan having standard HID's has been there since I believe 2002 (although reflector HID until 2007.) The first year V35 model in 2001 HID was an option.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Ok, good to know. Ive been in the lighting section since 9am ( 3 hours ) trying to find pictures of what colors people are doing in their housings. I see that people change the stock HID bulbs over to a different K which I probably would do.

I wonder how just a standard yellow bulb in the fog location would look but im going to start a thread for some pictures so I can get some ideas.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:30 PM
IMO, the Osram Cool Blue Intense (5500K) bulbs are the most sought after bulb in the market, and they're pretty expensive ($170) per pair.

They offer the same amount of lumens in a higher temperature color, which is what everyone was after. You get the same amount of lumens compared to a 4300K bulb (standard on OEM HID.) I have them and recommend them. I never use fogs (they're worthless and won't really help in visibility.) If you end up changing them to HID or something you may be ticketed by the police for having too bright fogs. You may also blind other drivers and cause an accident.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
IMO, the Osram Cool Blue Intense (5500K) bulbs are the most sought after bulb in the market, and they're pretty expensive ($170) per pair.

They offer the same amount of lumens in a higher temperature color, which is what everyone was after. You get the same amount of lumens compared to a 4300K bulb (standard on OEM HID.) I have them and recommend them. I never use fogs (they're worthless and won't really help in visibility.) If you end up changing them to HID or something you may be ticketed by the police for having too bright fogs. You may also blind other drivers and cause an accident.
Thank you sir.... I'll look into these bulbs further. Do you have any pictures?

I live in south florida, so fogs or the presence of fog is non existant 99.99999% of the time. I would want to put in a more yellow or pure whiteish bulb to clean up the look of the car. I hate the " pissy yellow " <-- excuse my terminology... looking light especially on a car like this.. I dont have to HID the fogs by no means, I could just change it to a true yellow bulb. Im sure the standard headlights in HID could be enough for most driving situations.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Thank you sir.... I'll look into these bulbs further. Do you have any pictures?

I live in south florida, so fogs or the presence of fog is non existant 99.99999% of the time. I would want to put in a more yellow or pure whiteish bulb to clean up the look of the car. I hate the " pissy yellow " <-- excuse my terminology... looking light especially on a car like this.. I dont have to HID the fogs by no means, I could just change it to a true yellow bulb. Im sure the standard headlights in HID could be enough for most driving situations.
Sure, here is the thread that thoroughly talks about these bulbs.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...l-Blue-Intense

I would buy bulbs from theretrofitsource.com. They won't sell fake bulbs like many others on eBay do.

I would only buy bulbs that are from Philips or Osram. Both of them are OEM manufacturers for many luxury brands, such as Acura, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi, and BMW. Infiniti uses Koito HID bulbs from Japan, but I much rather prefer the Osram Cool Blue Intense.

You could drive like what most drivers on here do with just the HID's on and the fogs off. Fogs don't really add that much more brightness and any yellow bulb will take away the whiteness of the HID lighting.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-14-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Sure, here is the thread that thoroughly talks about these bulbs.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...l-Blue-Intense

I would buy bulbs from theretrofitsource.com. They won't sell fake bulbs like many others on eBay do.

I would only buy bulbs that are from Philips or Osram. Both of them are OEM manufacturers for many luxury brands, such as Acura, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi, and BMW. Infiniti uses Koito HID bulbs from Japan, but I much rather prefer the Osram Cool Blue Intense.

You could drive like what most drivers on here do with just the HID's on and the fogs off. Fogs don't really add that much more brightness and any yellow bulb will take away the whiteness of the HID lighting.
Those bulbs are incredibly bright and clear, but they seemed to lack the slight hint of blue that at least I myself would like to have. Do they offer a different K temp that gets a bit more blue. Based on that one picture where that entire dark street was as bright as the sun, A little blue in there though you might lose a bit of usable light will still have enough.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes of course, but you will have to go with Philips Ultinon series 6000K but they are pretty expensive too, and there are many fakes out there who charge almost the same price but give you much lower quality bulb that doesn't last very long.

I would probably go with Morimoto from theretrofitsource.com for bluer lights. Keep in mind the bluer you go, the less usable light output you will have and you'll get less visibility. The Osram CBI I have are much better than OEM Koito bulbs, and they are slightly bluer/whiter than OEM.

It also depends on the lens. On the 07-09 G sedans, the lens have more hotspots than the newer G's. The newer G's have sharper projector lenses and direct even amounts of light all around. Also, the G lens makes the light "yellower" than other lenses. The Acura TL lenses will make the light bluer (as you can see in the pictures in the link I sent you between the Infiniti G and Acura/Lexus lenses.)

Last edited by mathnerd88; 09-16-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:03 PM
I really need a thread where people show pictures of their lighting from the exterior so that color can be selected lol. Also then inside pictures showing the illumination of the road. I love the clarity of these.. the brightness of these.. I just want a hair or 2 of blue... so what is the next higher K for this bulb? and what is the official name of the Bulb so I can look at it on a website.

Based on this... I would say that what you have shown me is indeed what is a 5000k. I would want more in the 6k range again based on this. I just think luxury cars with a slight hint of blue look amazing.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W