G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35s, TL-S, IS350? Which as a family DD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey guys,
lots of great input and while I do agree that the CTS-V has a ton of power and it does look pretty awesome, I dont really see it more of my liking. It's just a personal preference.

BRZ... no thanks. Sorry
G8 is cool but to me it just doesn't have enough of a luxury feel (again personal taste).

I think I should make a priority list and I'm surised I didnt. I'll make one now and update my first post:

Priority list:
4 Seats/Doors
Manual
Styling
Performance

I think those are my top 4 picks. I don't care for the MPG as our main car is a Hybrid so whenever I want to be green, I'll drive that
I will not be doing any hard core modding to it, my plan is a nice exhaust, an intake and springs/rims maybe later on. That's it.

I have my other car for all of my performance needs and it has always satisfied me really well.

Again, really appreciate everyone providing their input. It helps alot!
Thanks
Reggie

Old 03-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Pics of nice 6 lug cts-v wheels?

I can't really see many makers investing a lot of money into a 1-2 year car with no cross applications anywhere.
Google is pretty simple to use to find a pic. Any high quality 3 piece fordged wheels are blank and stud pattern/hub is dilled per customer order. HRE, iForged, ADV 1, DPE, D3, Kinessis, ect. Yes you have less options for cheap cast wheels, but you should never be buying those anyways. Also like a said already, 5 lug swap is a simple 1 hr bolt-on job.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by xxx4reggie
hey guys,
lots of great input and while I do agree that the CTS-V has a ton of power and it does look pretty awesome, I dont really see it more of my liking. It's just a personal preference.

BRZ... no thanks. Sorry
G8 is cool but to me it just doesn't have enough of a luxury feel (again personal taste).

I think I should make a priority list and I'm surised I didnt. I'll make one now and update my first post:

Priority list:
4 Seats/Doors
Manual
Styling
Performance

I think those are my top 4 picks. I don't care for the MPG as our main car is a Hybrid so whenever I want to be green, I'll drive that
I will not be doing any hard core modding to it, my plan is a nice exhaust, an intake and springs/rims maybe later on. That's it.

I have my other car for all of my performance needs and it has always satisfied me really well.

Again, really appreciate everyone providing their input. It helps alot!
Thanks
Reggie
If performance is the least important on your list, then G35 and S4 sedans would be a great fits for you.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Google is pretty simple to use to find a pic. Any high quality 3 piece fordged wheels are blank and stud pattern/hub is dilled per customer order. HRE, iForged, ADV 1, DPE, D3, Kinessis, ect. Yes you have less options for cheap cast wheels, but you should never be buying those anyways. Also like a said already, 5 lug swap is a simple 1 hr bolt-on job.

Haha of course custom wheels are an option. I don't find it worth it to spend 1/5th of the car's value on wheels.

Nothing wrong with cast wheels. After all most oem wheels in the world are cast. Just have to live with the weight.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was in the same boat last year. Ended up in a G

I have two kids in car seats and the back is tight but not too bad. We have a Toyota for the daily stuff and most of the time it is just me and the G going to work. Easy enough to get them in and out, and my wife from time to time has even climbed over the center console to sit in the middle back while en route to deal with kids.

I wouldn't say as a primary family ride it would not be a good choice but for a going to the ice cream store or going to visit the grandparents ride it works fine.

Last edited by Finnkc; 04-04-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:13 PM
bkd
Another plus for the G is the 2007 and 2008 G35 is that they are relatively inexpensive right now and they look just like the brand new 35K+ 2013 models still on dealer lots. Definitely look for a sport model (G35S badge on the back) as they have better seats and suspension.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
and a VLSD ...

Old 04-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I have to admit though, it is really tough finding G35s in the 20s with low miles. It's making me re think to maybe a G37 (non s).
I'm getting to the a point of a little tired of searching but still am going strong. June is creeping in and I want to make sure I have the car before my daughter is born.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 08' G35S and love it. I don't have kids but I do have a giant dog so I need the back seat lol. I bought it in Sep 2013 for $20,100 with 49,000 miles. It took me FOREVER to find it. Especially since I'm in Providence, RI and rear wheel drive cars are scarce to begin with. I test drove a A4, 328, CTS and TSX (all around same year and mileage) and it was by far the best car all around. If you can find it go for it.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my priorities were RWD/manual, reliability/maint cost over longer term, LSD stock, and not 'needing to upgrade much' I ended up with the 07 6mt sport sedan and still love it after 3 years. A heck of a car and zero plans on replacing it. still makes me grin and I love the body lines.
the euro brands scare me over the long term. and busting the rear out a bit now and then is waaay cheaper than a therapist

Old 05-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I bought my G, I was down to two choices:

The G and a Volvo S60R. Honestly I liked both cars equally.

Volvo had more torque and more comfortable seats. G had push button start and a better turning radius. Everything else was pretty equal between the two IMO.

I only bought the G because I found a better deal on one before a good deal on the Volvo.

In graphite with the factory body kit, it looks good too: