G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

g35 steering issues

Old 04-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35 steering issues

i have the 2008 g35x sedan. the steering feels really imprecise, artificial, and lacks feedback. i like cars with smooth, linear steering but this car really doesn't have that. Is this a problem with all g35's or is it just mine, thanks.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by crownchef

i have the 2008 g35x sedan. the steering feels really imprecise, artificial, and lacks feedback. i like cars with smooth, linear steering but this car really doesn't have that. Is this a problem with all g35's or is it just mine, thanks.
Honestly dude, looking back through all your posts shows that all you ever do is nit pick and complain about the car. Why the hell don't you just sell it if it causes you so much grief? Seriously!

Unless you just like keeping it for the occasional trolling exercise.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ya they all suck.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Honestly dude, looking back through all your posts shows that all you ever do is nit pick and complain about the car. Why the hell don't you just sell it if it causes you so much grief? Seriously!

Unless you just like keeping it for the occasional trolling exercise.

It's not like that. I go here to talk about my issues with the car, and see if anybody else has the same issue. That's what these forums are for right? I don't go on G35 driver to post things like "GUYS, WHY IS MY CAR SO AWESOME??? PLEASE EXPLAIN!" I like my G35, but what good is it to use these forums and be forbidden to discuss any issues/problems with my car?

Old 04-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
My car is sooo awesome!!! No complaints here. Well the steering if anything it's one reason why I bought the G35. I like the stiffness I feel like I have more control. In fact I even upgraded some of my suspension just to make it even more stiffer. I think it's just you. B/c my car is super awesome.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
If your not happy with your car, you need to sell it and get a camery. If your having all these problems with your car, it was probably built on a Friday. Everything slapped together so everyone could leave work and go clubbing.

The following users liked this post:
ikari (05-12-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Could be any number of things. Sometimes in cars that feel this precise a little issue is much more noticeable than in a soft roader. Time to check on the possible culprits.

Struts, end links, bushings, rack and pinion, strut mounts and wheel bearings to name a few. Should also check tires as condition and brand/size make a big difference.

Worn struts will make for an uneasy feeling car (but so will almost anything on that list).

If all these checkout then you might just need an alignment to get things back in spec.

This is assuming you have an issue and it's NOT simply the overall feel of the G's steering that you do not like. but it is not all G's. They are designed for handling in mind. Even the non-sport versions handle nicely.

Last edited by G force; 04-22-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:59 AM
I have a 2007 G35x with high miles and it steers/corners/handles great. The steering feels tight and precise, even with 154k miles. (The car does have a pretty good maintenance history.)

You may want to take a look at the front end components as G-Force mentioned.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:10 AM
I swear I'm dumping this P.O.S. G35 within the next few months, there is NOTHING to like about this car. Nothing. 5AT is jerky and clunky, interior is rattly and cheap, leather is wrinkly and shitty quality, electronics are screwy, engine is so damn unrefined, just the exact polar opposite of smooth, road noise is loud AF, brakes are harsh, unrefined, and they shake and jerk the whole car around whenever coming to a simple easy stop...seriously what is there to like about this car? Do the people who buy these things have blinders on? Even a ****ing FWD Honda drives better than a G35. I swear when I have a more open schedule I'm selling this quote on quote "luxury sport sedan" sh** wagon and buying a ****ing Civic, even those are better and half the price of a G35..at least a Civic has SOME engine torque off the line

Old 05-01-2015, 01:20 AM
I am sticking to what I said earlier. Your car is built on a Friday. I came from a Honda world and the G35 is way better. I don't have any problems to my G. It's has more then enough TQ to get off the line. Sorry that you just can't like your G. Civic will be a great car for you.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
And when you get your civic. Crash it.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:01 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Because you will be a little beotch on the civic forums too.

The following users liked this post:
vqsmile (05-01-2015)
Old 05-01-2015, 03:14 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
I swear I'm dumping this P.O.S. G35 within the next few months, there is NOTHING to like about this car. Nothing. 5AT is jerky and clunky, interior is rattly and cheap, leather is wrinkly and shitty quality, electronics are screwy, engine is so damn unrefined, just the exact polar opposite of smooth, road noise is loud AF, brakes are harsh, unrefined, and they shake and jerk the whole car around whenever coming to a simple easy stop...seriously what is there to like about this car? Do the people who buy these things have blinders on? Even a ****ing FWD Honda drives better than a G35. I swear when I have a more open schedule I'm selling this quote on quote "luxury sport sedan" sh** wagon and buying a ****ing Civic, even those are better and half the price of a G35..at least a Civic has SOME engine torque off the line
And thus his true colors were plainly displayed for all to see.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 05-22-2015, 01:25 AM
Every single thing you're describing sounds like you bought a ragged car from a rich guy's teenage kid. Probably should have test driven it before you paid for it. Our G35 is my wife's car and, despite her abuse, nothing you're describing sounds like ours. And that's coming from a Mercedes guy (E-class).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 steering issues